- Volume 41 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Penetration of ACQ Treatment and its Effect of Degradation on Wood Tissues (Structure)
ACQ 약제의 목재 내 침투 및 부후 특성에 미치는 목재 조직의 영향
- Lee, Hyun-Mi (Department of Forest Products, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Dong-Heub (Department of Forest Products, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Hwang, Won-Joung (Department of Forest Products, Korea Forest Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.10.15
- Accepted : 2013.11.22
- Published : 2013.11.25
To obtain the basic information on wood preservative process using copper, the penetration ACQ-2 preservative agent into Douglas fir wood and its degradational characteristics were investigated. Douglas fir is known to be difficult for preservative agent injection. To find the hindrance factor of the preservatives movement, the ray height, ray density, and length of tracheid were measured and observed by a stereoscopic microscope and scanning electron microscope. The results were compared in the well-penetrated parts of preservatives and insufficient parts. There were no significant differences in height, length, and density between both parts, except for the pits of the wood elements observed in SEM micrograph. More declosed pits were found in the well-penetrated parts of preservatives. Decay characteristics of wood specimen treated with various ACQ concentrations by brown-rot fungi was observed by an optical microscope. The decayed properties of tracheid, rays, and resin canals was found in the non-treated wood specimens and it was also found that some extent of preservatives concentration is necessary to protect the decay.
- 김남훈. 2009a. 잣나무와 낙엽송재 방사조직의 연륜 내 및 축방향 변이성. 목재공학 37(1): 65-72.
- 김남훈. 2009b. 잣나무재와 일본잎갈나무재의 방사방향 방사조직 밀도 및 연륜 내복열방사조직 출현 빈도수 변이. 목재공학 37(6): 531-536.
- 박상진. 1981. 환공재 주요 구성요소의 방사방향 변동. 목재공학 9(3): 1-6.
- 박상진, 이원용, 이필우. 1987. 제5장 침엽수재의 조직. 목재조직 및 식별. p. 99.
- 신동소, 안세희. 1996. 목재보존학. pp. 52-55.
- 이소미, 김병로. 2005. 일본잎갈나무 수 간내 재질 변동에 관한 연구(II) - 가도관 길이와 폭, 마이크로피브릴 경각, 강도의 남북방향의 변동 -. 목재공학 33(1): 21-28.
- 이원용. 1987. 침엽수재의 방사조직에 관한 연구. 목재공학 15(2): 90-98.
- 이원용. 1990. 북양 주요 침엽수재의 가도관장과 방사 조직의 변이. 임산과학연보 7: 1-6.
- 이필우. 1985. 목재해부학.
- Atmer, B., and T. Thornqvist. 1982. The properties of tracheids in spruce (Picea abies Karst.) and pine (Pinus sylvestris L.). The Swedish university of agricultural sciences, department of forest products. Reports No. 134. 59p. (in Swedish with English summary).
- Bailey, I. W., and H. B. Shepard. 1915. Sanio's laws for the variation in size of coniferous tracheids. Bot. Gaz. 60(1): 66-71. https://doi.org/10.1086/331600
- Barnett, J. R. 2004. Xylem physiology. In: Burley, J., Evans, J. & Youngquist, J. A. (eds). Encyclopedia of forest Sciences. Elsevier Academic press, Oxford, San Diego, California, p. 1583-1590.
- Dinwoodie, J. M. 1961. Tracheid and fibre length in timber. A review of literature. Foresty 34: 125-144. https://doi.org/10.1093/forestry/34.2.125
- De Kort, I. 1990. Tracheid length in vital Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga Menziesii) in the netherlands. 11(2): 203-209. https://doi.org/10.1163/22941932-90000517
- Fuju, T., Y. Suzuki and N. Kuroda, 1997. Bordered pit aspiration in the wood of Cryptomeria Japonica in relation to air permeability. 18(1): 69-76. https://doi.org/10.1163/22941932-90001462
- Helander, A. B. 1933. Variations in tracheid length of pine and spruce. Foundation for forest research of Finland. No. 14. 75p. (in Finnish with English Summary).
- Kim, B. R. and A. Mishiro. 1998. Studies on variability of wood properties in stem of Pinus koraiensis (II) - Differences in tracheid length, microfibril angle and compressive strength on the south and north sides of stem -. Journal of Wood Science 1(1): 46-51.
- Molteberg, D. and O. Hoibo. 2006. Development and variation of wood density, kraft pulp yield and fibre dimensions in young Norway spruce (Picea avies). Wood Science & Technology 40: 173-189. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00226-005-0020-2
- Romberger, J. A., Z. Hejnowicz, and J. F. Hill. 1993. Plant structure: Function and development. Springer-Verlag, Barlin-Heidelberg-New York. 524p.
- Rathgeber, C. B. K., V. Decoux, and J. Leban. 2006. Linking intra-tree-ring wood density variations and tracheid anatomical characteristics in Douglas fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii (Mirb.) Franco). Annals of forest Science 63: 699-706. https://doi.org/10.1051/forest:2006050
- Shusheng, P., T. A. G. Langriah, and R. B. Keey. 1994. Moisture mobement in softwood timber at elevated temperatures. Drying Technology: An international Journal 12(8): 1897-1914. https://doi.org/10.1080/07373939408962212
- Smith, D. M. 1965. Rapid measurement of tracheid cross-sectional dimensions conifers. Forest Products Journal 15: 325-334.
- Zabel, R. A. and J. J. Morrell. 1992. Wood microbial decay and its preservatives. Academic Press. San Diago. pp: 476.
- Effects of The Knife-incising and Kerfing Pretreatment on Moisture Content and Surface Check Occurrence of Douglas-fir Heavy Timber vol.44, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5658/WOOD.2016.44.3.302