- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Impact Analysis of Complex Odor from Pigsty by Using ISCST3
ISCST3을 이용한 돈사의 복합악취 영향 분석
- Kwon, Woo-Taeg (Dept. of Environmental Health and Safety, Eulji University) ;
- Hong, Sang-Pyo (Dept. of Environmental Engineering, Cheongju University) ;
- Lee, Woo-Sik (Dept. of Environmental Energy Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2013.10.25
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study is expected to provide background data for establishing mitigation measures for malodor and for comparing complex odor criteria. The impact of malodor at the afflicted locations was analyzed using Industrial Source Complex Short Term 3 (ISCST3) model, which was recommended by the EPA. The Odor Emission Rates (ODR) for piglets and hogs were predicted based on the average, minimum, and maximum emission rates as classification. The forecasting result of the complex odor modelling of pigsty showed that tolerance limit was exceeded at an adjacent administration building, but tolerance limit was not surpassed at an afflicted location which was within 185m from the pigsty. The ISCST3 modelling of the satisfactory ODR for tolerance limit was accomplished at the administration building. From the prediction of this modelling, maximum emission rates based on 1hr at administration building were 10.59~52.93, 19.05~31.76, and 10.59
ISCST3;Odor Emission Rates;Pigsty;Tolerance Limit
Supported by : 가천대학교
- S. B. Cho, "A study Occurrence of Piggery Odor Complaints and Odor Solution", The Korea swine journal, vol. 34, No. 7, pp. 240-243, 2012.
- "Odor Management Handbook", 21, Ministry of Environment, 2007.
- Y. B. Zhang, "A Survey on the Treatment of Livestock Waste" : In Goseong Area, Master's thesis, Gyeongsang National Universty, 2008.
- "Improve Odor Management Industry Casebook", 40, Ministry of Environment & Korea Environment Cooperation, 2009.
- J. H. Kim, et. al., "Study on the Characteristics of Odor Emitted from Swine Facilities", Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, vol. 34, No. 7, pp. 439-444, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2012.34.7.439
- T. I. Kim, et. al., "Investigation of the Condition of the Operation of the Livestock Liquid Manure Bin and Assessment of Malodorant Emissions", Journal of Livestock Housing and Environment, vol. 11. No. 3, pp. 189-196, 2005.
- J. W. Jeong, et. al., "Field Survey on the Structure and Manure Treatment of Two-Storey and Sawdust Pig Houses in Korea", Journal of Livestock Housing and Environment, vol. 11. No. 3, pp. 169-176, 2005.
- T. W. Ahn, et. al., "A Study on Recycling capacity Assessment of Livestock Manure", Journal of Environment Impact Assessment, vol 17, No. 5, pp. 311-320, 2008.
- "Offensive Odor Control Law", Law No. 11915, Enforcement Regulations No. 3, Ministry of Environment, 2007.
- "Study on the Damage Survey Based on Odor Sources and Estimating Damages", Foundation for Industry Cooperatiom Ulsan University, pp. 117-119, 2008.
- Y. S. Koo, et. al., "A Study of Odor Modeling Method", Journal of Korean Society of Odor Research and Engineering, vol. 2. No. 1 pp. 38-45, 2003.
- S. Y. An, S. W. Choi, "Evaluation of Malodor Emissions Using the ISCST3 in Industrial Complex Area", Journal of Korean Society of Odor Research and Engineering, vol 5, No. 1, pp. 19-25, 2005.
- N. K. Moon, et. al., "The Application of Air Quality Models on Environment Impact Assessment", Korea Environment Institute, vol 19, 2005.