- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A comparative study on the carbon dioxide removal capability between the processes using physical solvent and membrane process
이산화탄소 제거공정에서 물리 흡수제를 사용한 공정과 멤브레인을 사용한 공정 사이의 비교 연구
- Kang, Jinjin (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Noh, Jaehyun (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University) ;
- Ahn, June Shu (Department of Environmental Engineering, Daejin University) ;
- Cho, Jungho (Department of Chemical Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2013.10.30
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
Carbon dioxide should be removed to increase the productivity of dimethyl ether(DME) from the DME manufacturing process. In this study, carbon dioxide can be removed using a physical absorbent through a solvent absorption method and membrane separation method. After performing the simulation for the carbon dioxide removal process, the energy consumption of the processes was compared. Methanol was used as a physical absorbent for the rectisol process, dimethyl ethers of polyethylene glycol for the Selexol process and N-methyl pyrrolidone for the Purisol process. By performing the simulation for each process, the energy consumption was compared. The Purisol process had the lowest energy consumption, followed in order by the Selexol process, Rectisol process and Membrane process. Therefore, the Purisol process was the most suitable method for the carbon dioxide process in the DME manufacturing process.
Absorption method;Carbon dioxide removal process;DME manufacturing process;Energy consumptions;Membrane separation method
Supported by : LNG플랜트
- Wonjun Cho and Seung-Soo Kim, "Current Status and Technical Development for Di-Methyl Ether as a New and Renewable Energy", J. Korean Ind. Eng. Chem., 20(4), 355-362, 2009.
- Yong Gi Mo, Wonjun Cho, Young Soon Baek, "Development of Direct DME Synthesis Process", KIGAS, 14(3), 41-45, 2010.
- Chang-Keun Yi, "Advances of Carbon Capture Technology", KIC News, 12(1), 30-42, 2009.
- Soave, G. "Equilibrium constants from a modified Redlich-Kwong equation of state", Chem. Eng. Sci., 27, 1197-1203, 1972. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0009-2509(72)80096-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-2509(72)80096-4
- Bong Kuk Seo, Jeong Hoon Kim, Hyo Seong Ahn, Bong Jun Chang, Kew Ho Lee, "The State of the Art of Membrane Technology for Separation of Carbon Dioxide from Flue Gas", KIC News, 14(3), 1-13, 2011.
- Tae heon Kim, Jung chae Jeong, Jong man park, and Chang hwa Woo, "A Numerical Analysis of Direct Contact Membrane Distillation for Hollow Fiber Membrane", Membrane Journal, 20(4), 267-277, 2010.
- VIVIAN L. NASSAR, JERRY A. BULLIN, LILI G. LYDDON, Bryan Research & Engineering, Inc., "Solubility of Hydrocarbons in Physical Solvents", 2006.