- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of Recycled Aggregate Concrete Block Reinforced with GFRP
GFRP로 보강된 순환골재콘크리트 블록의 성능평가
- Kim, Yongjae (Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lee, Hyeongi (Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Park, Cheolwoo (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Kangwon National University) ;
- Sim, Jongsung (Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2013.11.07
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
Precast concrete blocks are used mainly for score protection, slope protection and riverbed structure protection, etc. Because these concrete blocks are exposed to water or wetting environments, the steel rebar used as reinforcements in concrete blocks can corrode easily. Corrosion of the steel rebar tends to reduce the performance and service life of the concrete blocks. In this study, Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer(GFRP) rebar, which does not corrode, was applied instead of a steel rebar to prevent performance degradation of the blocks. Recycled concrete aggregate and high early strength cement(HESC) were used in the concrete mix for field applicability. The experiment results showed that the workability and form removal strength of the recycled aggregate concrete using HESC showed comparable results to normal concrete and the compressive strength at 28 days increased by about 18% compared to normal concrete. The load resistance capacity of the recycled aggregate concrete blocks reinforced with a GFRP rebar increased by approximately 10~30% compared to common concrete block.
Recycled aggregate concrete;Precast concrete block;GFRP rebar
Supported by : 중소기업청
- G. I. Kim, A Study on the Trends of Torrential Rainfall Events in Korea, pp.1-5, Yonsei University, 2011.
- S. J. Kim, Problems and Improvements in Disaster Management for River, pp.7-8, National Assembly Budget Office, 2011.
- Standard River Design Code, pp.622-623, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2009.
- Standard Specification of River Facility Construction, pp.44-45, Korea Water Resource Association, 2007.
- Concrete Blocks for Retaining Wall and Revetment, pp.4-5, Federation of Korea Concrete Industry Cooperatives, 2012.
- Handbook of Scour Countermeasures Designs, pp.93, Federal Highway Administration U.S. Department of Transportation, 2005.
- Development and Application of FRP Rebar for Agricultural Concrete Structure, pp.139-178, Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, 2005.
- J. S. Sim, C. W. Park, S. J. Park and Y. J. Kim, "Characterization of Compressive Strength and Elastic Modulus of Recycled Aggregate Concrete with Respect to Replacement Ratios", Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 26, No. 1A, pp. 214-215, 2006
- K. H. Kim, M. S. Shin, Y. S. Kong and S. W. Cha, "Effect of Fly Ash on Rheology and Strength of Recycled Aggregate Concrete", Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 241-242, 2013 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.2.241 https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.2.241
- A. W. Samuel, K. S. Anton, W. B. Robert and M. N. Jeffery, Evaluation of the maturity method to estimate concrete strength, pp.5-7, Alabama Department of Transportation, 2006.
- Compressive Strength Properties of Concrete Using High Early Strength Cement and Recycled Aggregate with Steam Curing Conditions vol.4, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14190/JRCR.2016.4.1.076