- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Application Method of Remote Site Monitoring in Public Road Construction Projects
공공 도로건설사업에서의 원격 현장모니터링 적용방안에 관한 연구
- Ok, Hyun (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Kim, Seong-Jin (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division, Korea Institute of Construction Technology)
- Received : 2013.10.28
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
The public road construction projects awarded by the regional construction and management office, which is an affiliate of the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, are managed by construction supervision officers. These officials frequently visit a large number of construction sites to conduct inspections and supervision tasks. Therefore, the site management efficiency is essential in terms of the time and money spent in travelling to the sites. The introduction of a site monitoring management system is considered necessary to minimize the number of site visits and enable remote monitoring of the construction progress to enhance the business efficiency of the construction supervision officers. In this study, a remote site monitoring system was constructed using web cameras for public road construction works. The trial applications were implemented by selecting ten constructions sites. The effectiveness of the system was analyzed to assess its applicability. In an assessment of the applicability of the verification results, remote site monitoring showed cost savings of approximately 35% compared to the existing site management. The guidelines for applying the site monitoring management system were provided, the introduction plan was investigated, and the improvement method was presented. The results showed that the system is likely to minimize the unnecessary site visits, remove the risk factors at vulnerable areas in the sites beforehand, and prevent a range of disasters and accidents. In addition, the quality of the infrastructures is likely to improve through the prevention of accidents and the elimination of substandard and faulty construction work.
Construction CALS Portal System;Construction Management System;Site Monitoring System;Web Camera
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "09 Operation and Technical Improvement of Construction CALS System", KICT, pp334-365, May, 2010.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "10 Operation and Technical Improvement of Construction CALS System(II)", KICT, pp176-179, March, 2011.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "11 Operation and Technical Improvement of Construction CALS System(I)", KICT, pp149-150, December, 2012.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Guide for Visual Information Processing Equipment Installation.Operating in Construction Sites", KICT, June, 2012.
- Korea Expressway Corporation, "Plan of Proper operating Web Camera", Korea Expressway Corporation, 2007.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government, "Regulation(proposal) of Operation Integration Construction Alerts", Seoul Metropolitan Government, 2008.
- Korea Rail Network Authority, "Safety Management procedures(On-site Imaging management system operating)", Korea Rail Network Authority, 2011.
- Construction CALS Portal System, http://www.calspia.go.kr
- Construction Management System, http://www.citis.go.kr