- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Characteristics of Curvature Ductility Factor of Reinforced Concrete Hollow Section Beams
철근콘크리트 속빈 단면 보의 곡률연성지수 특성
- Lee, Hyung-Joon (Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Hanbat National University)
- 이형준 (한밭대학교 건설환경공학과)
- Received : 2013.10.25
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
In highly elevated piers and long span beams, a hollow section is often used to reduce the self-weight and increase the flexural rigidity of members. Numerical analysis was conducted to obtain the moment-curvature curves and curvature ductility factor for the RC hollow section beams under a range of hollow portion sizes and reinforcement conditions in the upper flange and web. The curvature ductility factor was constantly maintained until the hollow portion size(
Ductility factor;Numerical analysis;RC hollow section beam;Reinforcement condition
- Inoue, S. and Egawa, N. "Flexural and Shear Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Hollow Beams under Reversed Cyclic Loads", Proc. of 7th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering. Paper No.1359, March, 1988.
- Korea Concrete Institute, Concrete Design Code and Commentary, Kimoondang Publishing Company, Seoul, Korea, 599pp, 2012.
- ACI Committee 318, Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI318-08). American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Detroit, 473pp, 2008.
- Alnuaimi, A.S., Al-Jabri, K.S. and Hago, A., "Comparison between Solid and Hollow Reinforced Concrete Beams", Materials and Structures, Vol.41, pp.269-286. 2008. Doi 10.1617/s11527-007-9237-x. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1617/s11527-007-9237-x https://doi.org/10.1617/s11527-007-9237-x
- Bernardo, L.F.A. and Lopes, S.M.R., "Plastic Analysis and Twist Capacity of High-Strength Concrete Hollow Beams under Pure Torsion", Engineering Structures, Vol.49, pp.190-201, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.10.030 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.10.030
- Lee, H.J.,"Evaluation on Moment-Curvature Relations and Curvature Ductility Factor of Reinforced Concrete Beams with High Strength Materials," Journal of The Korean Concrete Institute, Vol.25, No.3, pp.283-294, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.3.283 https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.3.283
- Lee, H.J.,"Predictions of Curvature Ductility Factor of Reinforced Concrete Beam Sections Used High Strength Concrete and Steel", Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.33, No.2, pp.438-493, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.2.483 https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.2.483
- Lee, J.H., "Analytical Study on Ductility Index of Reinforced Concrete Flexural Members", KSCE, Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol.14, No.3, pp.391-402, 1994
- Park, R. and Paulay, T., Reinforced Concrete Structures. Wiely, New York, 1975. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9780470172834 https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470172834
- Attard, M.M. and Setunge, S., "The Stress- Strain Relationship of Confined and Unconfined Concrete", ACI Materials Journal, Vol.93, No.5, pp.432-444, 1996.
- Pam, H.J., Kwan, A.K.H. and Islam, M.S., "Flexural Strength and Ductility of Reinforced Normal-and High-Strength Concrete Beams", Proceedings of the ICE-Structures and Buildings, Vol.146, No.4, pp.381-389, 2001 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1680/stbu.2001.146.4.381 https://doi.org/10.1680/stbu.2001.146.4.381
- Ho, J.C.M., Kwan, A.K.H. and Pam, H.J., "Theoretical Analysis of Post-Peak Behavior of Normal and High Strength Concrete Beams", The Structural Design of Tall Special Buildings, pp.109-125 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/tal.216 https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.216
- Bai, Z.Z. and Au, F.T.K., "Flexural Ductility Design of High-Strength Concrete Beams", The Structural Design of Tall Special Buildings, pp.521-542, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/tal.714 https://doi.org/10.1002/tal.714
- Arslan, G. and Cihanli, E., "Curvature Ductility Prediction of Reinforced High-Strength Concrete Beam Sections", Journal of Civil Engineering and Management, Vol.16, No.4, pp.462-470, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3846/jcem.2010.52 https://doi.org/10.3846/jcem.2010.52
- Jang, I.Y., Park, H.G., Kim, S.S., Kim, J.H. and Kim. Y.G., "On the Ductility of High-Strength Concrete Beams", International Journal of Concrete Structures and Materials, Vol.2, No. 2, pp.115-122, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334/IJCSM.2008.2.2.115 https://doi.org/10.4334/IJCSM.2008.2.2.115
- Rashid, M.A. and Mansur, M.A., "Reinforced High-Strength Concrete Beams in Flexure", ACI Structural Journal, Vol.102, No.3, pp.462-471, 2005.