- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Evaluation on the Possibility of Connection Between IFC and Digital Quantity DataBase Exchange Standard
IFC와 디지털 수량산출정보 교환표준의 연계 가능성 평가
- Won, Ji-Sun (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division, SOC Research Institute, Korea Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Moon, Jin-Seok (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division, SOC Research Institute, Korea Institute of Construction Technology) ;
- Choi, Won-Sik (ICT Convergence and Integration Research Division, SOC Research Institute, Korea Institute of Construction Technology)
- 원지선 (한국건설기술연구원 SOC성능연구소 ICT융합연구실) ;
- 문진석 (한국건설기술연구원 SOC성능연구소 ICT융합연구실) ;
- 최원식 (한국건설기술연구원 SOC성능연구소 ICT융합연구실)
- Received : 2013.10.08
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
Recently, BIM has attracted attention as a technology to improve the construction productivity. The BIM standards to be applied to the BIM project are necessary for using or connecting the current 2D-based drawing standards. To develop the standard for BIM-based QTO and cost, this paper focused on using QDBEx, which was applied to road project cost management and connecting QDBEx with IFC, which is the BIM data delivery format. The IFC schema was evaluated to determine if it is possible to use the converts to the QDBEx XML file. As a result, 66% of the whole was available to connect directly, and 17% was available to connect through the processing of instance. The remaining 17% was evaluated to determine if it was available to connect. In the future, improvements in the schema will be suggested based on these results.
BIM;BIM-based Quantity Take-Off;Cost Management;IFC;XML
Grant : Infra BIM 정보모델 표준 및 검증 기술 개발
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원
- Jisun Won, Jinuk Kim, Jongkwan Song, "A Case Study on Pilot Test of Road Project to Improve the Quality Level in BIM-based Quantity Take-Off", Proceedings of the 2012 Korea Institute Construction Engineering and Management Conference, pp. 373-374, 2012.
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology, "Digital Quantity DataBase in Construction V1.0", pp. 4, 2011.
- Jinseok Moon, Jisun Won, Jinuk Kim, "Analysis of IFC and Digital QDB for BIM Based Cost Management", Proceedings of the Korea Information Processing Society Fall Conference, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 1198-1199, 2012.
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology, "Development and Operation of '12 Construction CALS Standards", pp. 12, 2012.
- Korea Institute of Construction Technology, "Development and Operation of '08 Construction CALS Standards", pp. 221, 2008.
- buildingSMART International Model Support Group, Industry Foundation Classes Release 4, http://www.buildingsmart-tech.org/ifc/IFC4/final/html/ind ex.htm (accessed Oct., 7, 2013)
- ISO TC 59/SC 13, "ISO/DIS 29481-1 : Building Information Models - Information Delivery Manual - Part 1: Methodology and format", 2008.
- Inhan Kim, Jungdae Park, Cheolsoo Park, Jonghyun Jung, Seungyeon Choo, "BIM in Architecture : Design and Engineering", pp.15, buildingSMART KOREA, 2013.