- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Musculoskeletal Diseases' of the 119 Rescue party's
119 구급대원의 근골격계 질환
- Shin, Sang-Yol (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Howon University) ;
- Jung, Ji-Yun (Department of Emergency Medical Service, Howon University)
- Received : 2013.11.19
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
This research is conducted to investigate musculoskeletal diseases' that can be developed in paramedics body whose are in charge of emergency situations before they arrive at the hospital. The data were collected from 216 of paramedics from July 2, 2012 to July 31, 2012. As a result, 57.9% of participants have already felt the subjective symptoms of the muscular skeletal diseases, and 47.2% of them felt the pain on their waists and hips. These pains are highly related to their working situations. In the aspects of the muscuoskeletal diseases' symptoms, general characteristics, gender (t=16.579, p=.000), age (t=102.344, p=.000), education (t=5.363, p=.027), drinking (t=6.999, p=.030), and smoking (t=6.266, p=.009), have significance differences. Professional characteristics, career (t=67.684, p=.000), passengers of the ambulance (t=7.717, p=.004), qualification or license (t=25.480, p=.000), and position (t=74.615, p=.000), have also significance differences.
Musculoskeletal diseases';Paramedics;Pre-hospital Emergency Medical
Supported by : 호원대학교
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Musculoskeletal Disorders and Workplace Factors: A Critical Review of Epidemiologic Evidence for Work-Realated Musculoskeletal Disorders of the Neck, Upper Extrimity, and Low Back. DHHS Publication, pp. 97-141, 1997.
- Brown JR. "Factors contributing to the development of Low back pain in industrial workers", Am Ind Hyg Assoc, 36(1), pp. 26-31, 1975. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0002889758507203 https://doi.org/10.1080/0002889758507203
- Peter O, James M, Richard M, "Firefighters' Safety and Health". Occopational Medicine, 10(4), pp. 735-746.
- S.G Hong, "Effect on Occurrence of Low-Back Pain by Duty Type of Fire Fighting Civil Servant on Outside Duty", Unpublished master's thsis, Gacheon University, 2007
- Levy and Wegman. Occupational Health. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2000.
- Derek P. Smith, Mihashi M, Adachi Y, Koga H, Ishitake T. "A detailed analysis of musculoskeletal disorder risk factors among Japanese nurse". Journal of safety reserch, 37(2), pp. 195-200, 2006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsr.2006.01.004
- Smiyh MJ, "Psychosocial aspects of working with video display terminals (VDTs) and employee physical and mental health", Ergonomics. 40(10), pp. 1002-15, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/001401397187568 https://doi.org/10.1080/001401397187568
- Mc Gill HC Jr, "The Cardiovascular Pathology of Smoking", AM Heart J, 115 pp. 250-257, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0002-8703(88)90645-X https://doi.org/10.1016/0002-8703(88)90645-X
- Wergeland EL, Veiersted B, Ingre B, Akerstedt T, Bjornskau T and Varg N,"A Shorter workday as a means of reducing the occurrence of musculoskeletal disorders", Scand J. Work Environ. Health, 29(1), pp. 27-34, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.701 https://doi.org/10.5271/sjweh.701
- S. K. Lee, "Correlation between job and life style related factor and musuloskeletal disorders in fire fighters" master's thesis, Uni. of Gachon. 2007.
- S. Y. Shin,"From Patients and Caregivers 119 Rescue party's Experiences for Violence in the Pre-Hospital Emergency Medical Field". Journal of the korea academia - industrial cooperation society, 10(12) pp. 3870-3878, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.12.3870 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.12.3870
- D. K. Kim, "Work-related disease and health management of firefighters". Occupational health, Vol 113. pp. 27-34, 1997.
- National Emergency Management Agency,"Fire Service Administration Data and Statistics, Statistical data, 2012.
- S. H. Lee, "A Study on the Actual Conditions and recognition of Musculoskeletal Disorders in fire fighter's" GyeongBuk Fire Service Academi, 11, pp. 147-176, 2007.
- Kern J, Mustajbegovic J, Schachter EN, Zuskin E, Vrcic-Keglevic M, EblingZ, Senta A."Respiratory findings in farmworkers", J Occup Environ Med, 43(10), pp. 905-913, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00043764-200110000-00010 https://doi.org/10.1097/00043764-200110000-00010
- Federal Emergency Management Agency. Fire and Emergency Medical Service Ergonomics, 1996.
- D. G. Kim, I. H. Ha, C. H. Lee,"Work-related diseases and health management of fire fighters," Korean Industrial Health Association, 113, pp.27-34, 1997.
- Waal JM, Terwee CB, Windt DAWM, Bouter LM and Dekker J."The impact of non-traumatic hip and knee disorders on health-related quality of life as measured with the SF-36 or SF-12. a systematic review", Qual Life Res, 14(4), pp. 1141-1155, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11136-004-4599-9 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11136-004-4599-9
- J. W. Bahk , No, S. C. Roh,"Relationship Between Self-reported Symptoms of Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders and Health Related Quality of Life", Korean J Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 19(2), pp. 156-163, 2007.
- NIOSH. Stress at work DHHS(NIOSH) Publication, 1999.