- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Learner Modeling Technology and Applications for Intelligent Tutoring Systems
지능형 교육 시스템을 위한 학습자 모델 기술과 응용 연구
- Yoon, Taebok (Dept. of Computer Software, Seoil University) ;
- Lee, Jee-Hyong (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2013.11.26
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
Learner modeling forms the foundations for intelligent tutoring systems that provide adaptive and active learning guidance for learning and education quality enhancement. The aim of this study was to develop learner modeling technologies to form the foundation of intelligent tutoring systems. Specific research tasks include learner modeling building techniques, diverse learner state diagnosis methods and educational data mining.
Intelligent tutoring system;Learning modeling;Educational data mining
Supported by : 서일대학교
- National Science Foundation, "Science of Learning Centers," http://www.nsf.gov/funding/pgm_summ.jsp? pims_id=5567 (accessed Oct., 9, 2013)
- Pittsburgh Univ., "LearnLab," http://www.learnlab.org (accessed Oct., 9, 2013)
- Saskatchewan Univ. "ARIES," http://www.cs.usask.ca /research/research_groups/aries/projects.htm(accessed Oct., 9, 2013)
- Mitrovic, A., Martin, B. Suraweera, P., Zakharov, K., Milik, N., Holland, J., McGuigan, N. ASPIRE, "An authoring system and deployment environment for constraint-based tutors," Artificial Intelligence in Education, vol. 19(2), 155-188, 2009.
- Martin, B., Mitrovic, A., "The Effect of Adapting Feedback Generality in ITS," Proc. 4th Int'l. Conf. Adaptive Hypermedia and Adaptive Web-Based Systems (AH 2006), Dublin, Jun. 21-23, 2006.
- Roberto Legaspi, Raymund Sison, and Masayuki Numao, "A Category-based Self-improving Planning Module," Proc. the 7th International Conference on Intelligent Tutoring System (ITS2004), Alagoas, Brazil, Aug. 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-30139-4_52 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-540-30139-4_52
- Collide Website, http://www.collide.info/ (accessed Oct., 9, 2013)
- Cheng, R., Vassileva, J., "Design and evaluation of an adaptive incentive mechanism for sustained educational online communities," Journal of User Model and User-Adapted Interaction (UMUAI), Vol.16, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11257-006-9013-6 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11257-006-9013-6
- Dadgostar, F., Sarrafzadeh, A., Fan, C., Silva, L. C. De, Messom, C. H. "Modeling and Recognition of Gesture Signals in 2D Space: A Comparison of NN and SVM Approaches," Proc. 18th IEEE Int'l. Conf. Tools with Artificial Intelligence (ICTAI 2006), Nov. 13-15, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ICTAI.2006.85 https://doi.org/10.1109/ICTAI.2006.85
- Dadgostar, F., Sarrafzadeh, A., "An adaptive real-time skin detector based on Hue thresholding, A comparison on two motion tracking methods," Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol. 27, Sep. 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2006.01.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2006.01.007
- Wang, E. and Kim, Y. S., "Issues in Integrating Teaching Strategies from Learning Theories and Extended SWRL Rules," 15th Int'l. Conf. Computers in Education (ICCE), Hiroshima, Nov. 2007.
- Stephen J. H. Yang, Angus F. M. Huang, Rick C. S. Chen, Shian-Shyong Tseng, Yen-Shih Shen, "Context Model and Context Acquisition for Ubiquitous Content Access in ULearning Environment," IEEE Int'l. Conf. Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous and Trustworthy Computing (SUTC 2006), Vol 2, Taichung, Jun. 5-7, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/SUTC.2006.47 https://doi.org/10.1109/SUTC.2006.47
- Isotani, S., Mizoguchi, R., "Deployment of Ontologies for an Effective Design of Collaborative Learning Scenarios," Proc. 13th Int'l. Workshop On Groupware (CRIWG 2007), Bariloche, Sep. 16-20, 2007
- Kuo, Y.-H., Chen, J.-N., Jeng, Y.-L., Huang, Y.-M., "Real-Time Learning Behavior Mining for e-Learning," Proc. 2005 IEEE/WIC/ACM Int'l. Conf. Web Intelligence, Compiegne, Sep. 19-22, 2005 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/WI.2005.125 https://doi.org/10.1109/WI.2005.125
- Hung, D., Tan, S. C., Hedberg, J., Koh, T. S., "A framework for fostering a community of practice: scaffolding learners through an evolving continuum," British Journal of Educational Technology, Vol.36, Mar. 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2005.00450.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-8535.2005.00450.x
- Hye-jin Kim, "U-Learning Scheme : A New Web-based Educational Technology", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 5486-5492, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5486 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5486
- Cha, H. J., Kim, Y. S., Park, S. H., Yoon, T. B., Jung, Y. M., and Lee, J. H., "Learning Styles Diagnosis based on User Interface Behaviors for the Customization of Learning Interfaces in an Intelligent Tutoring System," Proc. 8th Int'l. Conf. Intelligent Tutoring Systems (ITS), Jhongli, Jun. 2006.