- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Seawater Intake System using the RNG k-𝜖 Algorithm
RNG k-𝜖 알고리즘을 이용한 해수취수시스템 분석
- Kim, Ji-Ho (Water Resources Dept., Dongbu Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Tae-Won (GTE Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Seung-Oh (School of Urban & Civil Engineering, Hongik University) ;
- Park, Young-Jin (Civil Engineering Dept., Seoil University)
- Received : 2013.11.25
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
Seawater intake systems have significant problems due to seawater pollution, suspended solids, unstable intake and maintenance etc. An underground type seawater intake system was newly developed to overcome the existing weaknesses and was facilitated in Gyukpo port. In this study, to check the performance of the new system, the samples for water quality and the 3-D numerical modeling test were conducted. The five times test included the COD, total nitrogen, total phosphorus, pH, and suspended solid for the intake system. The analyses show that the COD, total nitrogen, total phosphorus, PH showedminor changes before and after. On the other hand, the change in suspended solids was significant and water was purified below 5 mg/l, first level fisheries water, after. The numerical model adopted the RNG
Underground-type Seawater Intake System;Double Pipe;Porosity Method;RNG
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Youngman Cho, Soojeon Yoo, Jaesoon Roh, Jaehoon Bin. "Design of the Perforated Pipe in Water Treatment Process Using CFD". Journal of KSEE, Vol. 32, No. 9, pp. 887-893, 2010.
- Youngman Cho, Soojeon Yoo, Jaesoon Roh, Jaehoon Bin, Kwangju Choe, Kwangug Lee, Gibong Lee, Jeonggyu Lee. "Evaluation of Pressurized Water Diffusion in Water Treatment Process Using CFD". Journal of KSEE, Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 359-367, 2011. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2011.33.5.359
- Ji Ho Kim, In Gyu Lim, Seung Oh Lee, Young Jin Park. "Development of Undergrounding-type Seawater Intake Facility for Controlling the Intake-pipe Obstruction". Proceedings of KWRA, pp. 116-120, 2013.
- The Hongik University Institute of Technology. The Report of 3D Numerical Simulation for Near part Seawater Intake Facility(in Korea). 2011.
- Taewon Kim, Jiho Kim, Seungoh Lee, YoungJin Park. "Analysis of Undergrounding-type Seawater Intake System using Numerical Model". Proceedings of KAIS,, pp. 317-319, 2013.
- JSSMFE. Handbook of Soil Mechanics. 1985.
- ANSYS Inc.. ANSYS CFX-solver theory guide. Release 13.0, 2010.