- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Development of Cleaning and Monitoring System for Pipeline Type UV Sterilizer
관로형 UV 소독기를 위한 세척 및 모니터링 시스템 개발
- Park, Byeung-Jun (Pulbit Engineering & Control Co. Ltd.) ;
- Ryu, Ji-Hyoung (Division of Electronic Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Park, Jae-Byung (Division of Electronic Engineering, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2013.10.10
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
In this paper, an integrated control system is proposed for automatic control and remote monitoring of pipeline type UV sterilizer. The proposed system can control the cleaning wiper in the sterilizer with various cleaning motions, and periodically check the contamination level of the UV lamps with the UV power sensors. Therefore, sterilizer repair and maintenance can be more effectively done. In addition, the control system based on the open-source processor can communicate with external smart devices via Bluetooth, and thus wirelessly exchange control commands and sensor data. Furthermore, the system is able to flexibly cope with changes of cleaning motions and sensors since its firmware can be wirelessly upgraded by using the smart device. Consequently, the proposed system is suitable to construct a smart sewage treatment system in small towns.
Monitoring System;Pipeline type;UV Sterilizer
- R. A. meyers, editor, "Encyclopedia of Environmental Analysis and Remediation". Vol 3, pp. 1398-1421, John Willey & Sons, Inc, 1998.
- B. Langkais, D. A. Reckhow, and D. R. Brink, "Ozone in Water treatment; Application and Engineering", pp. 2-3, Lewis Publishers, Cheisea, Mich., 1991.
- W. MacKenzie, N. Hoxie, M. Proctor, M. Gradus, K. Blari, D. Peterson, J. Kazmierczak, and J. Davis, "A massive outbreak in Milwaukee of Cryptosporidium infection transmitted through the public water supply.", New Eng. J. Med., Vol 331., pp. 161-167., 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199407213310304 https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199407213310304
- Shin G.-A. , Linden K.G. , Arrowood M.J., and Sobsey M.D., "Low-pressureUV Inactivation and Subsequent DNA Repair Potential of Cryptospordium parvum Oocysts", Appl. & Envir. Microbiol., Vol.67 No.7, p.3029, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1128/AEM.67.7.3029-3032.2001 https://doi.org/10.1128/AEM.67.7.3029-3032.2001
- Clancy J.L., Z. Bukhari, T.M. Hargy, J.R. Bolton, B.W. Dussertand, N.M. Marshall, "Using UV to Inactiveate Cryptosporidium.", Jour. AWWA., Vol. 92. No. 9, pp. 97-104, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1551-8833.2000.tb09008.x
- Park J.H., "K-water sewer business operation status", K-water sewer system operating status, July, pp. 1-3, 2012.
- Crites, R. and G. Tchobanoglous. 1998. Small and Decentralized Wastewater Management Systems. The McGraw-Hill Companies. New York, New York.
- Sonntag, Clemens von., "Disinfection by free radicals and UV-radition" Water Supply, Vol. 4, Mulhouse, pp. 11-18, 1986.
- K. Chiu, D.A. Lyn, P. Savoye, and E.R. Blatchley III, "Integrated UV Disinfection Model Based on Particle Tracking", J. Environ. Eng., Vol. 125 No. 1, pp. 7-16., 1999 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(1999)125:1(7) https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9372(1999)125:1(7)
- J.H. Ryu, S.K. Kwak, S.M. Lee, K.T. Chong, J.B. Park, "The Extensible Monitoring System for Pipe type sterilizer", Proceedings of The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Vol. 2013 No.4, pp. 179, 2012.
- J.H. Ryu, D.H. Yu, S.M. Lee, K.T. Chong, J.B. Park, "pipe-type sterilizer for disinfecting increase efficiency self-cleaning device," Proceedings of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea, Vol. 2013 No.7, pp. 1645-1646, 2013.
- J.D. Park, K.K. Shin, S.T. Hong, C.G. Lee, "A Study of Disinfection Process Automation through Control Logic Program Development," Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 12 No.8, pp. 3644-3653, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3644 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3644
- Zhang J K ,Dong Z B ,Yang Y B, "New Closed UV Sterilizer Application of Wastewater Treatment", Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 535-537, No. 3, pp. 2232-2235, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR. 535-537.2232 https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMR.535-537.2232
- She J G ,Meng X Z ,Chen N , "The Research and Development Based on the UV + US Synergistic Sterilizer", Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 253-255, pp. 908-913, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.253-255.908 https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.253-255.908