- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Adaption and Intent to Use Smartphone Application for Nursing Process of Nursing Student
간호 대학생의 간호과정 앱 사용의도 및 적용 평가
- Cho, Hune (Dept. of Medical Informatics, Kyungpook National Univ.) ;
- Hong, Sung-Jung (Dept. of Nursing, Semyung Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hwa-Sun (Dept. of Medical information Technology, Daegu Haany Univ.)
- Received : 2013.11.20
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study examined the intention to use a nursing process application on a smart phone by nursing students who undertake clinical practices, and evaluated the application effect of this program. As research subjects, the study assessed juniors in the college of nursing in Daegu, who had undertaken field training in adult nursing in surgical wards from September 2012 to September 2013. The results showed that the intention to use nursing process application has a significant relationship with effort expectancy, social influence, and self-efficacy. In addition, the nursing process application applied to the research subjects has the largest list of diagnoses, interventions and outcomes regarding acute pain. In addition, the satisfaction with the use of the program was 4.35 points. Through this study, the application of the nursing process presents more opportunities for its use and training in the clinical practice field, and measures that can be applied easily regarding its utilization should be provided.
Nursing Process;Smartphone Application;Intent to use
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- H. S. Hwang. "The effects of embedding approach for the improvement of critical thinking ability," Journal of Korean Educational Research, Vol. 39, No.3, pp. 187-214, 2001.
- H. Y. Kim., H. S. Oh., & E. K. Yun. "Analysis of asthma nursing process based on the systems thinking of nursing students," Korean System Dynamics Society, Vol. 149, No.2, pp. 55-69, 2013.
- Benner, P., Sutphen, M., Leonard, V., & Day, L. Educating Nurses: A Call for Radical Transformation. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. 2009.
- H. S. Kim. "Development and Application of a Computerized Nursing Process Program for Orthopedic Surgery Inpatients - NANDA, NOC, and NIC Linkages," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 35, No .6, pp. 979-990, 2005. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2005.35.6.979
- Johnson M, Bluechek G, Butcher H, Dochterman J. M, Maas M, Moorhead S, Swanson E. NANDA, NOC, NIC linkages: nursing diagnoses, outcomes, & interventions (3nd ed.), Mosby,, St. Louis, 2006.
- M. A. Blegan, T. Tripp-Reimer, "Implications of nursing taxonomies for middle-range theory development," Advance in Nursing Science, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 37-49, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00012272-199703000-00005
- Moorhead S, Johnson M, Maas M, Swanson E, Nursing Outcomes Classification (NOC)(3rd ed.), Mosby, St. Louis, 2007.
- S. J. Hong, H. S. Kim, "Development and Effects of a Comprehensive Web-Based Nursing Process for Nursing Students," Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol.18, No.4, pp. 497-505, 2011.
- Y. J. Kim, JM. Jung, E. J. Lee, "What Drives the Adoption and Usage of Smartphone Applications? Factors Affecting Degree of Use, Continuous Use, and Recommendation," Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol. 55, No. 6, pp. 227-252, 2011.
- A. J. Barton, L. Gilbert, V. Erickson, J. Baramee, D. Sowers, K. J. Robertson, "A Guide to Assist Nurse Practitioners with Standardized Nursing Language," Computer Informatics Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 128-133, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00024665-200305000-00008 https://doi.org/10.1097/00024665-200305000-00008
- S. O. Park, H. K. Park, "Impact of Applying Nursing Process Program to Nursing Practice-Based on I.C.U. Nursing Practice," Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 8, No 1, pp 24-34. 2001.
- H. Cho, H. S. Hong and H. S. Kim, "Development of Education Program for Nursing Process based on Mobile Application," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 1190-1201, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2011.14.9.1190
- V. Vekatesh, M.G. Morris, D.B. Davis, F. D. Davis, "User acceptance of information technology: Toward a unified view," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 27, No 3, pp. 425-478, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036540
- Y. B. Sim, Y. J. Seo J. M. Kim, S. H. Kim, D. H. Sung, "Factors Related to the Intent to Use the Medical Application(M-APP) of Smart Phone of Hospital Nurses," Korean Journal of Health Policy & Administration, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 249-262, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2012.22.2.249 https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2012.22.2.249
- J. I. Hwang. Impact of hospital information system on the quality of nursing care : methodological triangulation. Unpublished doctoral thesis. Seoul National University, 2000.
- E. J. Lee, S. H. Choi, "Identification of Nursing Diagnosis-Outcome-Intervention (NANDA-NOC-NIC) Linkages in Surgical Nursing Unit," Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 180-188, 2011.
- H. S. Yoo, "Clinical nursing process model using a data base linking system," Journal of Korean Society of Medical Informatics, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 25-36. 2003.
- S. H. Park. Linkages of nursing diagnoses and nursing interventions for nursing clinical decision support system, Unpublished master's thesis. Seoul National University, 2006.
- E. Cho, N. C. Kim, "Validation of major nursing diagnosis-outcome-intervention (NANDA-NOC-NIC) linkage for adult surgery patients of post anesthetic care unit," Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 141-151. 2008.
- Development of an Evidence-based Nursing Process System to Improve Clinical Decision Making with Colorectal Cancer Nursing Diagnosis vol.19, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2016.19.7.1197
- An Effect of the Application of Educational Electronic Nursing Record System for Nursing Students vol.22, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.396
- Relationship between smartphone addiction of nursing department students and their communication skills pp.1839-3535, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/10376178.2018.1448291