- Volume 14 Issue 12
This study examined the relationship between the critical thinking disposition and problem solving ability as well as the influencing factors the problem solving ability in nursing students. The data was collected from 422 nursing students of 4 colleges and analyzed using the SPSS/WIN 18.0 program. The mean score of the critical thinking disposition was
Critical thinking disposition;Nursing students;Problem solving ability
- J. W. Distler, "Critical thinking and clinical competence : Results of the implementation of student centered teaching strategies in an advanced practice nurse curriculum", Nurse Education In Practice, vol. 7(1), pp. 53-59, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2006.08.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2006.08.003
- S. K. Chaung, "Critical thinking disposition, problem solving ability and clinical competence in nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 18(1), pp. 71-78, 2011.
- R. W. Ma, "Critical thinking disposition and problem solving ability of nursing students", Unpublished master's dissertation, Ehwa Womans University, Seoul, 2009.
- M. J. Sim, H. S. Oh, "Influence of self efficacy, learning motivation and self-directed learning on problem-solving ability in nursing students", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 12(6), pp. 328-337, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.328 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.328
- Y. M. Kim, "Factors influencing problem solving abilities of freshmen nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 16(2), pp. 190-197, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.2.190 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.2.190
- J. H. Park, "The significance of critical thinking education at the university level: beyond competition and positive thinking", Epoch and Philosophy, vol. 22(2), pp. 137-166, 2011.
- J. Yoon, "Development of an instrument for the measurement of critical thinking disposition: in Nursing", Unpublished doctral dissertation, Catholic University, Seoul, 2004.
- Facione, PA, Facione, NC, Giancarlo, CF. "California critical thinking disposition", Millbrae, CA: The California Academic Press, 2001.
- N. C. Facione, P. A. Facione, C. A. Sanchez, "Critical thinking disposition as a measure of competent clinical judgment: the development of the California critical thinking disposition inventory", Journal of Nursing Education, vol. 33(8), pp. 345-350, 1994.
- M. S. Kim, "Moderating effects of self-esteem and self-efficacy in the relationship between professional self-concept and satisfaction in their major among nursing students", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 17(2), pp. 159-167, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.159 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.159
- C. Oztuk, G. K. Muslu, A. Dicle, "A comparison of problem-based and traditional education on nursing student' critical thinking disposition", Nurse Education Today, vol. 28, pp. 627-632, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2007.10.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2007.10.001
- J. Yoon, "A study on the critical thinking disposition of nursing students: focusing on a school applying integrated nursing curriculum". Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 14(2), pp. 159-166, 2008.
- Kim, YC. "Theory and development of the creativity(3rd ed.)". p. 296-297 Paju: Kyoyook-book, 2013.
- H. R. Choi, D. S. Cho, "Influence of nurses' performance with critical thinking and problem solving process", Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, vol. 17(3), pp. 265-274, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.3.265 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2011.17.3.265
- H. M. Kim, "The effect of the solution-focused communication training on the problem solving ability and interpersonal relationship of nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, vol. 18(4), pp. 399-408, 2009.
- Y. S. Song, "A correlation study on self-efficacy, disposition to critical thinking and nursing competency of new nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 16(1), pp. 56-63, 2009.
- P. P. Heppner, C. J. Krauskopf, "An information processing approach to personal problem solving", The Counseling Psychologist, vol. 15, pp. 371-447, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0011000087153001 https://doi.org/10.1177/0011000087153001
- S. J. Lee, Y. K. Jang, H. N. Lee, K. Y. Park, "A study on the development of life-skills: communication, problem solving and self-directed learning", Seoul: Korean Educational Development Institut, 2003.
- P. P. Heppner, C. H. Peterson, "The development and implication of a personal problem solving inventory", Journal of Counseling Psychology, vol. 29(1), pp. 66-75, 1982. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-0188.8.131.52 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0184.108.40.206
- H. S. Park, Y. J. Bae, S. Y. Jung, "A study self-esteem, coping methods and the academic and job-seeking stress of nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, vol. 11(4), pp. 621-631, 2002.