- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Heart rate variability of students in hospital clinical practice by MBTI character types
MBTI성격유형에 따른 병원 임상실습 중인 응급구조학과 학생의 심박변이도 변화에 관한 연구
- Jung, Jun-Ho (Department of Emergency Medical Technology, Namseoul University)
- 정준호 (남서울대학교 응급구조학과)
- Received : 2013.11.13
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study examined the relationship between the MBTI character types and heart rate variability. The subjects were 25 students in the department of emergency medical technology in C city, Chungnam, Korea. The heart rate variability was measured under two conditions: a stable state, and in the second week and fourth week in clinical practice. The period of the heart rate variability measurements was from Jun. 21, 2013 to Jul. 26, 2013.The changes in the HRV at the stable state and during clinical practice depending on the MBTI character types, and the HRV at the stable state and during clinical practice according to the distribution chart of four character types showed a significant difference in the nHF and standard deviation of all R-R intervals (SDNN). In the changes in the HRV at the stable state and during clinical practice depending on the preference distribution chart of each indicator, the T-F group and J-P group in the nLF, T-F group and J-P group in the nHF, S-N group in the standard deviation of all R-R intervals (SDNN) and the J-P group in the mHR showed a significant difference.
MBTI;heart rate variability (HRV);character type
Supported by : 남서울대학교
- Kang, B.W, Emergency medical service act p.87, Chung-gu, 2013.
- Choi, E.S, A model for post-Traumatic stress and burnout in Firefighters. The Journal Korean of Emergency Medical Services, 15, pp.147-164, 2001.
- Choi, E.S, Kim H.J, Cho, W.M, Kang, D.H, Current status of 119EMT to violence experiences, The Journal Korean of Emergency Medical Services, 13(3), pp.91-105, 2009.
- Lee, G.O, Jung, J.Y, A Study on the Relationship between the stress and health of the Emergency Medical Technician. The Journal Korean of Emergency Medical Services. 5, pp.23-35, 2001.
- Jung, J.H, The evaluation of factors related to mobilization stress of 119 ambulance workers in Daegu frie defense headquarters, Unpublished doctor's thesis, The Daegu catholic university, Kyoungsangbuk-do, Korea, 2012.
- McGrath, J.E, Stress and behavior in organization in M.D, Punneteced, Handbook of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Chicago, Rand Mcaniiy, 1978.
- Holahun, C.J, Moons, R.H, Personality, coping and family resources in stress resistance : A longitudinal analysis, Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51, 389-395,1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2069 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.119
- Myers, Isabel Briggs, Manual, a guide to the development and use of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, p.434, KPTI, 1995.
- Lee, Y.R, Kim, S.H, Chu, M.S, Stress, stress coping, and school adaptation according to Myers-Briggs type indicator(MBTI) personality type in freshmen nursing students, The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 19(2), pp.172-182, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.172 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.172
- Kim, M.G, Kim, S.B, The stress coping strategy of the juvenile delinquents' according to MBTI personality types, Research Center for Korean Youth Culture, 29, 8-32, 2012
- Kim, S.W, Han, S.J, The relationship between visual stress and MBTI personality types, The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation society, 13(9), pp.4036-4044, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4036 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.9.4036
- Kim, W, Woo, J.M, Chae, J,H, Heart rate variability in psychiatry, Journal of The Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 44(2), pp.176-184, 2005.
- Jung, Y.W, Song, C.H, Min, J.W, Park, G.H, Min, K.S, Correlation and measurement between stress of mother and fetus using heart rate variability, Korean Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology, pp.823-830, 49(4), 2006.
- Son, M,J, Kim, Y.K, Ye, S.B, Kim, J.H, Jang, D.M, Ham, J.S, Lee, Y.H, Chronic and acute effects of work-related factors on heart rate variability. The Korean Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 20(4), pp.314-325, 2008.
- Kim, D.S, Kim, H.J, Na, H.S, Effects of work stress on 24 hours ambulatory blood pressure, heart rate, and heart rate variability in professional drivers, The Korean Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, pp. 127, 2002.
- Kim, J.T, Sim, H.S, A Study of Korean standardization of Myers-briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Korean Psychological Association, 3(1), pp. 44-72, 1990.
- Lim, S,B, Kim, K.E, Clinical nurses's job stress and copping stategies according to personality type, The Journal Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs, 14(4), pp.390-399, 2005.
- Hwang, J.H, Job stress in teaching and the way of stress coping according to MBTI personality type of the kindergarten teacher, Unpublished master's thesis, Myong-ji university, Seoul, Korea, 2008.
- Lee, H.H, Jeong, I.G, Oh, M.J, Yoon, S.Y, Lee, B.Y, Effect of 12-weeks exercise program on heart rate variability in middle-aged obese women. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 43(2), pp.833-842, 2011.
- Yoon, E.S, Park, S.H, Jung, S.J, Jae, S.Y, Effects of exercise program on autonomic nervous system activity in obese adolescents, official journal of The Korea Exercise Science Academy, 21(2), pp.173-182, 2012.
- Song, M.J, Kim, M.Y, Sim, L.S, Kim, W.S, Evaluation of Horticultural therapy on the emotional improvement of depressed patients by using heart rate variability, Korean Journal of Horticultural Science & Tecnnology, 28(6), pp.1066-1071, 2010.
- Kim, J.M, Kim, J.H, Lee, J.M, Jeong, J.S, Lee, I.S, Evaluation of diabetic complication through analysis of heart rate variability, The Konkuk Journal of Medical Sciences, 14, pp.161-168, 2004.
- Jung, I.T, Lee, S.H, Kim, S.Y, Cha, N.H, Kim K.S, Lee, D.I, Lee, J.D, Lim, S.B.N, Lee, Y.H, Choi, D.Y, The effect of acupuncture treatment on the heart rate variability of chronic headache patients, Journal of Korean Acupuncture & Moxibustion Medicine Society, 22(3), pp. 105-112 , 2005.