- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Study of Sexual Behavior of the Middle School Students
중학생의 성행동 관련 요인
- Jung, Sun Young (College of Nursing, The Research Institute of Nursing Science, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Park, Hyun Sook (College of Nursing, The Research Institute of Nursing Science, Catholic University of Daegu) ;
- Jo, Geum Yi (Taegu Science University, Department of Nursing)
- Received : 2013.11.05
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
The aims of this study were to identify the significant predictors of the sexual behavior of middle school students. The subjects consisted of 603 middle school students (male 344, female 259). The data was collected through self-report questionnaires, which were constructed to include the attitudes to sexual behavior, sexual permissiveness, perceived behavioral control, sexual behavioral intention, father's child-rearing attitudes, mother's child-rearing attitudes, friends' attitudes to sex, exposure to pornography, and sexual behavior. The data was analyzed using the SPSS 19.0 program. The significant predictors of sexual behavior of middle school students that explained 51.0% of the variance in sexual behavior were the friends' attitudes to sex, alcohol drinking experience, experience of sexual abuse, sexual permissiveness, exposure to pornography, sexual behavioral intention, perceived behavioral control, father's child-rearing attitudes, and mother's child-rearing attitudes. These findings suggest that the approach to a sexual education promotion program for middle school students should consider multisystemic predictors.
Middle school students;Sexual behavior;predictors
- J. Y. Jo, & Y. H. Kim, A path model of self, family, & extrafamilial system factors associated with adolescents' sexual risk behaviors. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, Vol.44, No.3, pp.181-195, 2006.
- M. S. Yoon, & J. K. Lee, The relationships between parent attachment and adolescent's sexual behaviors. Mental Health & Social Work, Vol.30, pp.272-300, 2008.
- E. Gruber, & J. W. Gruber, Adolescent sexuality and the media: A review of current knowledge and implication. Western Journal of Medicine, Vol.172, pp.210-214, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/ewjm.172.3.210 https://doi.org/10.1136/ewjm.172.3.210
- C. S. Choi, A study on actual condition of sexuality and sexual behavior prediction model in male junior high school student in Kangwon province. Unpublished doctoral thesis, Korea University, Seoul, 2010.
- J. Y. Kang, The effect of perceived parenting behavior, self-control, and delinquency on sexual risk behavior in male high school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, 2007.
- B. A. Kotchick, A. Shaffer, R. Forehand, & K. S. Miller, Adolescent's sexual risk behavior: A multi-system perspective. Clinical Psychology Review, Vol.21, No.4, pp.493-519, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0272-7358(99)00070-7 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-7358(99)00070-7
- A. C. Chen, E. A. Thompson, & D. Morrison-Beedy, Multi-system influences on adolescent risky sexual behavior. Research in Nursing & Health, Vol.33, No.6, pp.512-5, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/nur.20409 https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.20409
- H. S. Park, & S. Y. Jung, Validation of a path model to prevent sexual risk behavior in adolescents. Journal of Academic Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, Vol.20, No.1, pp.49-60, 2011. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.1.49
- S. H. Han, M. S. Lee, & S. H. Lee, A study on the sexual behavior and its related factors of high school students in Seoul Area. Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, Vol.17, No.1, pp.19-39, 2000.
- K. E. Bae, & Y. H. Kang, Sexual attitudes, sexual behaviors, and self-esteem of male high school students in Busan. Journal of the Academic Society of Parent-Child Health, Vol.10, No.1, pp.36-47, 2007.
- H. J. Kwon, K. H. Kim, M. H. Choi, & H. Y. Kim, A study on the variables forecasting female adolescents' sexual intercourse. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Metal Health Nursing, Vol.15, No.2, pp.170-178, 2006
- C. S. Lee, & Y. J. Kim, Focused on perceptive differences of boys and girls: A study on love and sexual attitudes of adolescents. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol.10, No.1, pp.277-296, 2003.
- S. H. Min, A study on the decisive factors of high school students sexual behavior. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungnam University, Masan. 2005.
- S. W. Lee, & M. Y. Chon, Undergraduate students' sexual behavior and influencing factors: An analysis based on the theory of planned behavior. The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol.18, No.4, pp.553-563, 2006.
- J. S. Kim, & K. H. Kim, A study about the factors affecting the sexual permissiveness for male students of middle schools. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol.12, No.4, pp.169-194, 2005.
- H. Y. Koo, & S. S. Kim, Relationships among cybersex addiction, gender egalitarianism, sexual attitude and the allowance of sexual violence in adolescents. Journal of Korean Academic Nursing, Vol.37, No.7, pp.1202-1211, 2007 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.7.1202
- K. H. Kim, The psychological and behavioral characteristics of sexually revictimized undergraduate women. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul, 2004.
- J. S. Park, & J. W. Moon, The causal relationship between knowledge, attitude, and actual practice of sex among middle school girls in Seoul. Journal of Korean Health and Medical Sociology, Vol.14, No.3, pp.343-370, 2003.
- I. Ajzen, The theory of planned behavior. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Process, Vol.50, No.2, pp.179-211, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- Y. M. Lee, The sexual knowledge, attitude, and behavior experience of the middle school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Kosin University, Busan, 2000.
- I. L. Reiss, The scale of premarital sexual permissiveness. Journal of Marriage and the Family, Vol.26, pp.188-198, 1964. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/349726 https://doi.org/10.2307/349726
- M. J. Jeong, H. S. Park, J. S. Lee, & C. A. Park, Premarital sexual attitudes and behavior among the youth. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, Vol.33, No.6, pp.11-23, 1995.
- G. Parker, Parental characteristics in relation to depressive disorders. British Journal of Psychiatry, Vol.134, pp.138-147, 1979. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1192/bjp.134.2.138 https://doi.org/10.1192/bjp.134.2.138
- K. J. Moon, & K. J. Oh, The relationship between perceived parental behaviors and early adolescents' depression and anxiety. The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol.21, No.1, pp.29-43, 2002.
- Korean Women's Development Institute A study about unmarried mothers. Seoul: Author, 1984.
- H. J. Lee, Relationship among environmental factors, personal factors, exposure to obscenity, and sexual delinquency of adolescents. Unpublished master's thesis, Busan National University, Busan, 1997.
- H. S. Seo, SPSS (PASW) Regression analysis. Seoul: Hannarae Publishing Co, 2009
- J. H. Kim, & K. S. Kim, The effects of college student's sexual knowledge and sexual attitude on their sexual behavior. Korean Journal of Family Welfare, Vol.13, No.1, pp.123-138, 2008.
- P. Tiaden, & N. Thoennes, Full report of the prevalence, incidence, and consequences of violence against women (Research Report No. NCJ 183781). Washington, DC: U. S. Department of Justice, 2000.