- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Formulation of Liquid Choline Alphoscerate as a Solid Dosage Form
액상 콜린알포세레이트의 고형 제제화 연구
- Choi, Sung-Up (Department of Food Science and Biotechnology, Dongnam Health College) ;
- Cho, Seong-Wan (Department of Pharmaceutics & Biotechnology, Medical Engineering College, Konyang University)
- Received : 2012.11.04
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
The aim of this study was to prepare and evaluate tablets containing liquid choline alphoscerate, which is capable of being formulated as a solid dosage form by the adsorption of magnesium aluminum silicate. The tablets were prepared with various absorbent to choine alphoscerate ratios. The physical properties and the dissolution rate were investigated. Considering the tabletting and dissolution rate, the formula scontaining 50-75% absorbent were adequate in the tested formulations. The 62.5% absorbent formula showed superior results with the tests of hardness, friability, disintegration time, and the ratio of dissolution area under the curve. Overall, magnesium aluminum silicate can be an alternative additive to a liquid drug.
Choline alphoscerate;Dissolution test;Magnesium aluminum silicate;Solid dosage formulation
- S. K. Tayebati, F. Amenta, "Choline-containing phospholipids: relevance to brain functional pathways", Clin Chem Lab Med, Vol. 51(3), pp. 513-21, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2012-0559 https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2012-0559
- S. K. Tayebati, D. Tomassoni, A. Di Stefano, P. Sozio, L. S. Cerasa, F. Amenta, "Effect of choline-containing phospholipids on brain cholinergic transporters in the rat", Journal of the Neurological Sciences, Vol. 302, pp. 49-57, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2010.11.028 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2010.11.028
- P. M. Kidd, "Alzheimer's disease, amnestic mild cognitive impairment, and age-associated memory impairment: current understanding and progress toward integrative prevention", Altern Med Rev, Vol. 13(2), pp. 85-115, 2008.
- El. Hoff, R. J. van Oostenbrugge, W. M. Otte, van der Marel, H. W. Steinbusch, R. M. Dijkhuizen, "Pharmacological magnetic resonance imaging of muscarinic acetylcholine receptor activation in rat brain", Neuropharmacology, Vol. 58, pp. 1252-1257, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropharm.2010.03.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuropharm.2010.03.007
- C. Z. Gui, L. Y. Ran, J. P. Li, Z. Z. Guan, "Changes of learning and memory ability and brain nicotinic receptors of rat off spring with coal burning fluorosis", Neurotoxicol Teratol, Vol. 32, pp. 536-541, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ntt.2010.03.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ntt.2010.03.010
- L. Parnetti, F. Mignini, D. Tomassoni, E. Traini, F. Amenta, "Cholinergic precursors in the treatment of cognitive impairment of vascular origin: Ineffective approaches or need for re-evaluation?", Journal of the Neurological Sciences, Vol. 257, pp. 264-269, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2007.01.043 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jns.2007.01.043
- I. Phillips, J. Dauglas, "Treatment of neurological conditions by the co-administration of aniracetam and l-alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine", US Patent 20090176740, 2009.
- J. M. Park, "The Synthesis of Nootropic, Choline Alphoscerate", Master's thesis of HanYang Univ., 2008.
- H. A. Kang, S. M. Kim, S. R. Kang, M. S. Kang, S. N. Lee, I. H. Kwon, H. D. Yoo, Y. G. Kim, Y. B. Lee, "Bioequivalence of Cholicerin Soft Capsule to Gliatilin Soft Capsule (Choline Alphoscerate 400 mg)", J. Kor. Pharm. Sci., Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 109-115, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4333/KPS.2010.40.2.109
- S. J. Park, B. S. Lee, D. W. Kwon, H. R. Jeon, "Pharmaceutical preparation containing choline alfoscerate", KR 10-2009-0088564, 2009.
- S. J. Lee, K. Y. Jang, J. S. Ahn, J. M. Cho, K. E. Knag, D. S. Nam, H. J. Lee, "Sustained-release pharmaceutical composition comprising choline alfoscerate or pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof and method for manufacturing the same", Korean Patent, 10-2011-0069969, 2011.
- C. Sander, P. Holm, "Porous magnesium aluminometasilicate tablets as carrier of a cyclosporine self-emulsifying formulation", AAPS Pharm Sci Tech., Vol. 10, pp. 1388-1395, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1208/s12249-009-9340-0 https://doi.org/10.1208/s12249-009-9340-0
- C. M. Hentzschel, M. Alnaief, I. Smirnova, A. Sakmann, C. S. Leopold, "Tableting properties of silica aerogel and other silicates", Drug Dev Ind Pharm, Vol. 38(4), pp. 462-467, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/03639045.2011.611806 https://doi.org/10.3109/03639045.2011.611806
- B. Chen, Z. Wang, G. Quan, X. Peng, X. Pan, R. Wang, Y. Xu, G. Li, G. Wu, "In vitro and in vivo evaluation of ordered mesoporous silica as a novel adsorbent in liquisolid formulation", Int J Nanomedicine, Vol. 7, pp. 199-209, 2012. https://doi.org/10.2217/nnm.11.125
- C. M. Hentzschel, M. Alnaief, I. Smirnova, A. Sakmann, C. S. Leopold, "Enhancement of griseofulvin release from liquisolid compacts", Eur J Pharm Biopharm, Vol. 80(1), pp. 130-135, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2011.08.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejpb.2011.08.001
- C. M. Hentzschel, A. Sakmann, C. S. Leopold, "Suitability of various excipients as carrier and coating materials for liquisolid compacts", Drug Dev Ind Pharm, Vol. 37(10), pp. 1200-1207, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/03639045.2011.564184 https://doi.org/10.3109/03639045.2011.564184
- Korean Pharmacopoeia Codex "Official Monograph", Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Notice No. 2012-142 (2012.12.31)
- Korean Pharmacopoeia "General Tests", Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Notice No. 2012-129, (2012.12.27)
- S. U. Choi, J. Lee, Y. W. Choi, "Development of a directly compressible poly(ethylene oxide) matrix for the sustained-release of dihydrocodeine bitartrate". Drug Dev Ind Pharm, Vol. 29(10), pp. 1045-52, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1081/DDC-120025863 https://doi.org/10.1081/DDC-120025863