- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Antioxidant Activity and Effects on Brain Tissues After Administering Kudzu Leaf Extract on Rats with Induced Stress Due to Laryngeal Injury
후두 손상으로 스트레스 유발시킨 랫드에 칡잎추출물을 투여 후 항산화작용과 뇌 조직에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Tae-Jong (Department of Pathology, Daegu Fatima Hospital) ;
- Yea, Chun-Jung (Department of Public Health, Keimyung college)
- Received : 2013.08.21
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
To examine the effects of voice disorders after a laryngeal injuryon the changes in stress, this study examined the effects of the changes observed in laboratory animals and on stress reduction effects, by inducing a laryngeal injury in SD type rats after administering a kudzu leaf extract, which has a sedation effect. For testing, a total of 24 rats comprising the normal group, control group and experimental groups (1 and 2 6 rats in each group) were used, and antioxidant experiments and molecular and chemical tests were conducted by administering a specified amount of kudzu teaorally once a day at a set time, 6 times per week for 5 weeks. The control group appeared to be significantly higher than the normal group (p <0.05), whereas the experimental group showed significant decreases compared to the control group (p <0.05), showing a better result than the normal group. The test results showed that the kudzu leaf extract resulted in significant changes compared to the control group. Overall, the administration of kudzu leaf extract has stress reduction effects.
- Rosen, C. A., Gartner-Schmidt, J., Casiano, R., and Anderson T. D., "Vocal fold augmentation with calcium hydroxylapatite: twelve-month report," Laryngoscope, 119, 1033-1041, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/lary.20126 https://doi.org/10.1002/lary.20126
- Isshiki, N., Morita, H., Okamura, H., and Hiramoto, H., "Thyroplasty as a new phonosurgical techniqu e," Acta Otolaryngology, 78(5-6), 451-457, 1974. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3109/00016487409126379 https://doi.org/10.3109/00016487409126379
- Ramadan, H. H., and Wax, M. K., "Outcome and changing cause of unilateral vocal cord paralys is," head Neck Surgery, 118, 192-202, 1998.
- Yoo, Y. S., Choi, C., and Kim, H. J., "New tyroplasty technique using balloon catheter," Korean Journal of Logopedics and Phoniatrics, 18(2), 118-121, 2007.
- Sulica, L., and Blitzer, A., "Vocal fold paresis: evidence and controversies," Curr Opin Otolaryngology -Head Neck urgery, 15, 159-162, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1097/MOO.0b013e32814b0875
- Krause, E., and Schirra, J., "Botulinum toxin Atreatment of cricopharyngeal dysphagia after subarachnoid hemorrhage," Dysphagia, 23, 406-410, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00455-007-9132-1 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00455-007-9132-1
- Cashman, S., Simpson, C. B., and McGuff, H. S., "Soft tissue response of the rabbit larynx to Gore- Tex implants," Ann Otolaryngology Rhinol Laryngology, 111(11), 977-982, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/000348940211101105
- Bae, S. H., and Lee, S. J., "Comparison of vocal outcome after autologous fat injection and medialization thyroplasty for unilateral vocal cord paralysis," Korean Journal of Otolaryn gol-Head Neck Surgery, 53, 24-29, 2010. https://doi.org/10.3342/kjorl-hns.2010.53.1.24
- Stripe, F., and Della, C. E., "The regulation of rat liver xanthine oxidase. Conversion in vitro of the enzyme activity from dehydrogenase(type D) oxidase(type O)," Journal of Biological Chemistry, 244, 14, 3855-3863, 1969.
- Martin, J. P., Dailey, M., and E., "Sugarman. N egative and positive assays of superoxide dismut as ebased on hematoxylin autoxidation," Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 255, 329-336, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0003-9861(87)90400-0 https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-9861(87)90400-0
- Aebi, H., "Catalase in vitro," Methods in Enzym ology, 105, 121-126, 1984. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(84)05016-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(84)05016-3
- Ohkawa, H., Ohishi, N., and Yagi. K., "Assay for lipid peroxides in animal tissues by thiobarbituric acid reaction," Analytical Biochemistry, 95, 351-358, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1016/0003-2697(79)90738-3
- Mehta, D., and Hillman, R., "Voice assessment: updates on perceptual acoustit aero dynamic, and endoscopic imaging methods," Curr Opin Otolaryngol-Head Neck surg,16, 211-215, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/MOO.0b013e3282fe96ce https://doi.org/10.1097/MOO.0b013e3282fe96ce
- Kennedy, B. P., Blum, J. D., Keith, H., and Nisl ow, L F., "Comparing naturally occurring stable is otopes of nitrogen, cabon and strontium as mar krs for the rearing location of atlantis salmon," Canada Journal Fish Aquat sciences, 62, 48-57, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1139/f04-184 https://doi.org/10.1139/f04-184
- Heman-Ackah, Y. D., and Batory, M., "Determi nig the etiology of mild vocal fold hypomobility," Journal Voice, 17, 579-588, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1067/S0892-1997(03)00085-7 https://doi.org/10.1067/S0892-1997(03)00085-7
- Simpson, C. B., Cheung, E. L., and Jackson, C. J., "Vocal fold paresis clinical and electrophysiologic features in a tertiary laryngoiogy practice," Journal Voice, 23, 96-398, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2007.10.011 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2007.10.011
- Koufman, J. A., Postam G. N., Cummins M. M.,. and Blalock P. D., "Vocal fold paresis." Otolaryngol-Head Neck surg, 122, 537-541, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0194-5998(00)70097-0 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0194-5998(00)70097-0
- Winholtz, W. S., and Raming, L., "Vocal tremor analysis with the vocal demodulator," Journal of speech and hearing research, 35(3), 562-573, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3503.562
- Enzinger, F. M., "Malignant fibrous histocytoma 20 years after stout," American Journal of Surg Pathology, 1, 43-53, 1986.
- Yarcheski, A. C., "Kanpp-Spooner. Stressors Associated with Coronary Bypass Surgery," Clinical Nursing reseach, 3(1), 57-68, 1994.
- Enzan, F., Johnson, J. E., Waldo, M., and Johnson, R. G., "Stress and perceived health status in the rural elderly," Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 19(9), 24-29, 1993. https://doi.org/10.3928/0098-9134-19931001-07
- Thase, M. E., "Depression, sleep, and antidepressants," Jo urnal of Clinical Psychiatry, 59(4), 55-65, 1998.