- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Changes in Fermentative Characteristics of Red Ginseng Wine using Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Red Ginseng Marc
홍삼박 효소분해물을 이용하여 제조한 홍삼주의 발효특성 변화
- Kim, Dong Chung (Department of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Chungwoon University) ;
- In, Man-Jin (Department of Human Nutrition and Food Science, Chungwoon University)
- Received : 2013.08.30
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study examined the fermentative characteristics of red ginseng wine prepared with enzymatically hydrolyzed red ginseng marc (ERGM), which was produced by the polysaccharide hydrolyase and protease treatments of red ginseng marc (RGM). After adjusting the initial soluble solid contents of ERGM broth to
Enzymatically hydrolyzed red ginseng marc;Fermentation;Red ginseng wine
- A. S. Attele, J. A .Wu, C. S. Yuan, "Ginseng pharmacology: multiple constituents and multiple actions". Biochem. Pharmacol. Vol. 58, pp. 1685-1693, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0006-2952(99)00212-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-2952(99)00212-9
- Y. S. Kwak, J. D. Park, J. W. Yang, "Present and its prospect of red ginseng efficacy research". Food Ind. Nutr. Vol. 8, pp. 30-37, 2003.
- H. S. Sung, S. K. Yoon, W. J. Kim, C. B. Yang, "Relationship between chemical components and their yields of red ginseng extract by various extracting conditions". Korean J. Ginseng Res. Vol. 9, pp. 170-178, 1985.
- S. D. Lee, G. Yoo, H. J. Chae, M. J. In, N. S. Oh, Y. K. Hwang, W. I. Hwang, D. C. Kim DC, "Lipid-soluble extracts as the main source of anticancer activity in ginseng and ginseng marc". J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. Vol. 86, pp. 1065-1071, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11746-009-1460-x https://doi.org/10.1007/s11746-009-1460-x
- J. W. Lee, J. H. Do, "Extraction condition of acidic polysaccharide from Korean red ginseng marc". J. Ginseng Res. Vol. 26, pp. 202-205, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2002.26.4.202 https://doi.org/10.5142/JGR.2002.26.4.202
- I. J. Han, R. Y. Kim, Y. M. Kim, C. B. Ahn, D. W. Kim, K. T. Park, S. S. Chun, "Quality characteristics of white bread with red ginseng marc powder". J. East Asian Soc. Dietary Life Vol. 17, pp. 242-249, 2007.
- Y. R. Park, I. J. Han, M. Y. Kim, S. H. Choi, D. W. Shin, S. S. Chun, "Quality characteristics of sponge cake prepared with red ginseng marc powder". Korean J. Food Cookery Sci. Vol. 24, pp. 236-242, 2008.
- S. D. Kim, J. H. Do, K. S. Lee, H. S. Sung, "Effect of ginseng residue extract on yeast growth". Korean J. Ginseng Res. Vol. 10, pp. 1-10, 1986.
- S. D. Kim, J. H. Do, K. S. Lee, "Effect of ginseng residue on the growth of Ganoderma lucidum". Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Bioeng. Vol. 14, pp. 279-283, 1986.
- D. C, Kim, M. J. In, "Production of hydrolyzed red ginseng residue and its application to lactic acid bacteria cultivation". J. Ginseng Res. Vol. 34, pp. 321-326, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5142/jgr.2010.34.4.321 https://doi.org/10.5142/jgr.2010.34.4.321
- C. J. Lee, H. S. Han, C. S. Jhune, J. C. Cheong, J. A. Oh, W. S. Kong, G. C, Park, C. G. Park, Y. S. Shin, "Development of new substrate using red ginseng marc for bottle culture of oyster mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus)". J. Mushroom Sci. Prod. Vol. 9, pp. 139-144, 2011.
- J. K. Hong, M. H. Bong, J. C. Park, H. K. Moon, S. C. Lee, J. H. Lee, S. G. Hwang, "Effect of feeding red ginseng marc on vital reaction in laying hens under stress task". Korean J. Poult. Sci. Vol. 39, pp. 63-70, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2012.39.1.063 https://doi.org/10.5536/KJPS.2012.39.1.063
- I. S. Lee, E. J. Yang, Y. J. Jeong, J. H. Seo, "Fermentation process and physicochemical characteristics of Yakju(Korean cleared rice wine) with addition of ginseng powder". Korean J. Postharvest Sci. Technol. Vol. 4, pp. 463-468, 1999.
- G. L. Miller, "Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar". Anal. Chem. 31, pp. 426-428, 1959. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030 https://doi.org/10.1021/ac60147a030
- M. J. In, D. C. Kim, "Fermentation characteristics of wild grape (Vitis amurensis) wine prepared with reed (Phragmites communis) root". J. Korea Acad.-Ind. Cooper. Soc. Vol. 11, pp. 1528-1533, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.4.1528
- T. Ando, "Preparation of antilipolytic substance from Panax ginseng". Planta Medica Vol. 38, pp. 18-23, 1980. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-2008-1074832 https://doi.org/10.1055/s-2008-1074832
- H. W. Jung, J. E. Kim, J. H. Seo, S. P. Lee, "Physicochemical and antioxidant properties of red ginseng marc fermented by Bacillus subtilis HA with mugwort powder addition". J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. Vol. 39, pp. 1391-1398, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.9.1391 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2010.39.9.1391
- D. C. Kim, M. J. In, "Potential of red ginseng marc for ethanol production as a fermentation medium". J. Appl. Biol. Chem. Vol. 56, in press, 2013.
- J. S. Kim, S. H. Kim, J. S. Han, B. T. Yoon, C. Yook, "Effects of sugar and yeast addition on red wine fermentation using Campbell early". Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. Vol. 31, pp. 516-521, 1999.
- H. S. Choi, M. K. Kim, H. S. Park, D. H. Shin, "Changes in physicochemical characteristics of Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miq.) wine fermentation". Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. Vol. 37, pp. 574-578, 2005.
- E. J. Jeong, Y. S. Kim, D. Y. Jeong, D. H. Shin, "Yeast selection and comparison of sterilization method for making strawberry wine and changes of physicochemical characteristics during its fermentation". Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. Vol. 38, pp. 642-647, 2006.
- S. D. Bae, S. M. Bae, J. S. Kim, "Fermentation characteristics of rice-grape wine fermented with rice and grape". Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. Vol. 36, pp. 616-623, 2004.
- J. E. Lee, Y. D. Won, S. S. Kim, K. H. Koh, "The chemical characteristics of Korean red wine with different grape varieties". Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. Vol. 34, pp. 151-156, 2002.
- S. J. Lee, B. Ahn, "Changes in physicochemical characteristics of black raspberry wines from different regions during fermentation". Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. Vol. 41, pp. 662-667, 2009.
- NTSTS Institute, "Textbook of alcoholic beverage-making". pp. 135-136, National Tax Service Technical Service Institute, Seoul, Korea, 1997.
- C. K. Park, B. S. Jeon, J. W. Yang, "The chemical components of Korean ginseng". Food Ind. Nutr. Vol. 8, pp. 10-23, 2003.