- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Usefulness analysis of radial non-cartesian trajectory in the high-resolution MRA
고해상도 MRA 시 방사형 비직각좌표계 k-space 주사방식의 유용성 분석
Lee, Ho-Beom;Choi, Kwan-Woo;Son, Soon-Yong
- Received : 2013.08.29
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
With the application of k-space trajectory in a different manner and analyzing the influence of noise and its direction, this study was conducted to obtain high-quality images with minimal influence of noise during an MRI examination for cerebrovascular disease, which has a low signal for imaging. To evaluate influence of the noise of different k-space trajectories, a linear Cartesian coordination trajectory and non-Cartesian coordination trajectory were applied to 38 people who had received a high-resolution MRI examination for the early detection of cerebrovascular disease. As a result, the non-Cartesian coordination trajectory showed a 43.32% lower signal of lumens in the internal carotid artery than a linear Cartesian coordination trajectory, and the noise level was also 50.19% lower in a non-Cartesian coordination trajectory. This result shows that noise occurs less in a non-Cartesian coordination trajectory than a linear Cartesian coordination trajectory, and a non-Cartesian coordination trajectory is more effective in low-signal and low-resolution MRI examination. Therefore, when performing high-resolution MRI examination with a low-signal cerebrovascular system, the use of non-Cartesian coordination k-space trajectory will minimize the influence of noise and provide good images.
k-space trajectory;Noise map;Flow artifact;Internal carotid artery;High-resolution MRI
- Statistics Korea, Available From: http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/6/2/index.board? bmode=read&bSeq=&aSeq=260046&pageNo=1&rowNu m=10&navCount=10&currPg=&sTarget=title&sTxt=, (accessed Jul., 12, 2013)
- D. K. Lee, Y. J. Kwon, S. M. Lee, J. Y. Yang, C. S. Choi, M. B. Ju, "MR Angiographic Findings in Ischemic Stroke patients with Extracranial Caretid Artery Stenosis", J Korean Neurosurg Soc, 33, pp.353-357, 2003.
- Y. S. Ji, B. J. Lee, "Usefulness of 3-Dimensional Gadolinium-enjancde MR Angiography for the Evaluation of Pedal Artery: Comparison with digital subtraction angiography", J Korean Radiol Soc, 47, pp. 21-26, 2002. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2002.47.1.21
- Y. H. Kim, "Usefulness of Magnetic Resonance Angiography in Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation", J Korean Radiol Soc, 30, pp. 7-14, 1994. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.1918.104.22.168
- B. J. Park, M. G. Kim, S. I. Suh, S. J. Hong, K. R. Cho, B. K. Seo, K. Y. Lee, N. J. Lee, J. H. Kim, "The Usefulness of Test Bolus Examination in Three Dimensional Contrast Enhanced MR Angiography of the Carotid Artery", J Korean Soc Magn Reson Med, 44, pp. 317-323, 2001. https://doi.org/10.3348/jkrs.2001.44.3.317
- Tobias S, Jose G, Clemens C, Katja B, Georgios M, Olaf D, Dirk A, Ute F, Chun Y, Thomas S, Abd W, Maximilian F, Konstantin N, "High resolution carotid black-blood 3T MR with parallel imaging and dedicated 4-channel surface coils", J Cardiovasc Magn Reson, pp.1-12, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1532-429X-11-41 https://doi.org/10.1186/1532-429X-11-41
- Tan H, Mever CH, "Estimation of k-space trajectories in spiral MRI", Magn Reson Med, 61, pp.396-404, 2009 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mrm.21813 https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.21813
- S. K. Park, C. B. Ahn, D. G. Sim, H. C. Park, "Study of Motion Effects in Cartesian and Spiral Parallel MRI Using Computer Simulation", J Korean Soc Magn Reson Med, v.12, no.2, pp.123-130, 2008.
- K. W. Choi, S. L. Son, H. J. Lee, T. H. Kim, M. S. Han, J. H. Min, "Usefulness of contrast agent involving high gadolium content for myocardial viability assessment", Journal of academia-industrial technology DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1294
- Morita A, Kirino T, Hashi K, Aoki N, Fukuhara S, Hashimoto N, Nakayama T, Sakai M, Teramoto A, Tominari S, Yoshimoto T, " The natural course of unruptured cerebral aneurysms in a Japanese cohort", N Engl J Med. pp.2474-82, 2012
- Rasche V, Holz D, "radial turbo spin echo imaging", Magn Reson Med, v.32, no.5, pp.629, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mrm.1910320512 https://doi.org/10.1002/mrm.1910320512
- Heid O, "Robust EPI Phase Correction", Magn Reson Med, p.2014, 1997.
- Okuchi S, Okada T, Ihara M, "Visualization of Lenticulostriate Arteries by Flow-Sensitive Black-Blood MR Angiography on a 1.5T MRI System: A Comparative Study between Subjects with and without Stroke", AJNR Am J Neuroradiol, v.34, no.4, pp.780-784, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A3310 https://doi.org/10.3174/ajnr.A3310
- S. K. Park, C. B. Ahn, D. G. Sim, H. C. Park, "Study of motion effects in cartesian and spiral paralle mri using computer simulation", J Korean Soc Magn Reson Med, v.12, no.2, pp.123-130, 2
- Altbach MI, Outwater EK, Trouard TP, Krupinski EA, Theilmann RJ, Stopeck AT, Kono M, Gmitro AF, "Radial fast spin-echo method for T2-weighted imaging and T2 mapping of the liver", J Magn Reson Imaging, v.16, no.2, pp.179-189, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jmri.10142 https://doi.org/10.1002/jmri.10142
- B. Paul, P. Andrew, M. Kai, "MRI of the coronary vessel wall at 3T: comparison of radial and cartesian k-space sampling", AJR Am J Roentgenol, v.188, no.1, pp.70-74, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2214/AJR.06.0266 https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.06.0266