- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Influencing Factors in Korea Adults Stroke
한국인의 뇌졸중에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Shin, Seung-Ok (Department of Health Science, Graduate School of Chosun University) ;
- Roh, Eun-Kyung (Department of Faculties of Health Policy and Administration, Dongkang College)
- Received : 2013.07.04
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study examined the health behavior and comorbidity based on a community health survey of stroke patients in 2010. The subjects were 4,449 adults over the age of 19 years, who were diagnosed by doctors and completed a community health questionnaire. The subjects demographic characteristics, health behavior and comorbidity were analyzed. Significant differences in age, education, smoking and alcohol consumption were observed. The influencing factors for comorbidity according to gender included myocardial infarction, diabetes and depression. According to the characteristics of comorbidity of the life cycle, hypertension, myocardial infarction and depression. The influencing factors related to the 19-44 year age group included Ex-smokers, 45-64 year old ex-smokers, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, atopic dermatitis, and the 75 year and over group with diabetes, hyperlipidemia, tuberculosis, and atopic dermatitis. This study suggests that health education and a health policy approach based on the relevance between stroke and comorbidity, and the health behavior according to the life cycle and gender are needed.
Comorbidity;Health behaviors;Life cycle;Stroke
- Statistics Korea. 2012 Cause of Death Statistics Statistics.
- M. J. Reeves, C. D. Bushnell, G. Howard, J. W. Gargano, P. W. Duncan, G. Lynch, A. Khatiwoda, L. Lisabeth, Sex differences in stroke : epidemiology clinical presentation, medical care,and outcomes", The Lancet Neurology, 7(10), pp. 915-926, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(08)70193-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(08)70193-5
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs (2011). 2011 Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. Seoul, Korean.
- J. H. Im, K. S. Lee, K. Y. Kim, N. S. Hong, S. W. Lee, H. J. Bae, "Follow-up study on mortality in Korean stroke patients", Journal of Korean Medical Assoc, 54(11), pp.1199-1208, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.11.1199 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.11.1199
- Y. Ko, J. H. Park, W. J. Kim, M. H. Yang, O. K. Kwon, C. W. Oh, C. O. Jung, N. J. Paik, M. K. Han, H. J .Bae, "The Long-term incidence of Recurrent Stroke: Single Hospital based Cohort Study", Journal of Korean Neurology Assoc, 27(2), pp.110-115, 2009.
- B. Jung, O. Y. Yoon, K. H. Park, K. Y. Lee, Y. J. Lee, H. T. Kim, S. Hy. Kim, J. H. Kim, M. H. Kim, " Analysis of Risk Factors for Recurrent Ischemic Stroke: Based on Data of Outpatient Clinic in an University Hospital", Journal of Korean Neurology Assoc, 22(6), pp.598-603, 2004.
- T. H. Park, M. K. Kim, K. B. Lee, J. M. Park, S. J. Lee, K. H. Jung, Y. J. Cho, J. S. Lee, J. Y. Lee, H. J. Bae, "Prevalence of Risk Factors for Ischemic Stroke in Korean: A Systematic Review", Journal of Korean Neurology Assoc, 27(1), pp.19-27, 2009.
- Jimenez.C. P, Lopez. E. F, Portilla. C. J, Ramirez. M. J, Pedrera, Z. J, Casado, N. I, "Charlson Comorbidity Index in Ischemic Stroke and Intracerebral Hemorrhage as Predictor of Mortality and Functional Outcome after 6 Months", the official journal of National Stroke Association, 22(1), pp.1-5, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2011.05.021
- H. S. Nam, M. H. Son, S. S. Kweon, S. Y. Kim, H. C. Park, C. W. Lee, S. J. Sohn, J. A. Rhee, J. S. Cho, "Chronic Disease and Health Related Quality of Life in an Urban Elderlies", Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 4(3), pp.172-190, 2000.
- Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. (2010). Korea Health Statistics 2010: Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey(KNHANES V-1).
- C. L. Chang, M. G. Marmot, T. M. Farley, N. R. Poulter, "The influence of economic development on the association between education and the risk of acute myocardial infarction and stroke", J ournal of Clinical Epidemiology, 55(8), pp. 741-74, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0895-4356(02)00413-4
- Y. J. Kim, C. Y. Kwak, "Prevalence and Associated Risk Factors for Cardiovascular Disease: Findings from the 2005, 2007 Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey", Journal of Korean Health Promot, 11(3), pp.169-176, 2011.
- Y. J. Cho, "Alcohol and Ri나 of Ischemic Stroke in the Elderly people: A Nested Case-Control Study", Seoul National University. Seoul. 2004.
- Daniel. S, Bereczki. D, "Alcohol as a risk factor for hemorrhagic stroke", Ideggyogy Sz, 20;57(7-8), pp.247-256. 2004.
- M. S. Song, Y. S. Byeon, K. S. Lim, J. W. Oak, "A Study on Health Behavior in People at Risk for a Cerebrovascular Accident", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37(7), pp.1091-1097. 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.7.1091
- Towfighi. A, Saver. J, L. Engelhardt, R. Ovbiagele. B, "A midlife stroke surge among women in the United States", Neurology, 69(20) pp.1898-1904, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1212/01.wnl.0000268491.89956.c2
- C. I. Lee, Y. j. Son, K. S. Kim, M. S. Kim, J. H. Bae, J, S. Song, "Clinical Study on the Patients with Cerebrovascular Accident and Myocardial infarction", Korean Circulation Journal, 15(2), pp.247-253, 1985. https://doi.org/10.4070/kcj.1918.104.22.168
- Stratton, I. M., Adler, A. I., Neil, H. A. W., Matthews, D. R., Manley, S. E., Cull, C. A., Holman, R. R. "Association of glycaemia with macrovascular and microvascular complications of type 2 diabetes(UKPDS 35): prospective observational study. Bmj, 321(7258), pp.405-412. 2000 https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.321.7258.405
- E. M. Whyte, B. H. Mulsant, "Post stroke depression : Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and biological treatment" Biological Psychiatry, 52(3), pp. 253-264, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0006-3223(02)01424-5
- I. J. Kim, N. J. Sue, K. S. Kim, N. O. Joe, H. J. Choi, "Predicting Factors of Post-Stroke Depression", The Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, 12(1), pp.147-162, 2000.
- E. J. Kang, "Clustering of Lifestyle Behaviors of Korean Adults Using Smoking, Drinking, and Physical Activity, Health and Social Welfare Review, 27(2), pp. 44-66, 2007 https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2007.27.2.44
- Kissela BM, Khoury JC, Alwell K, Moomaw CJ, Woo D, Adeoye O, Flaherty ML, Khatri P, Ferioli S, De Los Rios La Rosa F, Broderick JP, Kleindorfer DO, "Age at stroke: temporal trends in stroke incidence in a large, biracial population." Neurology, 23;79(17), pp.1781-1787. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1212/WNL.0b013e318270401d
- I. H. Cha, "Primary prevention of stroke and coronary artery disease in patients with hyperlipi demia", Korean Society of Lipidology and Atherosclerosis. 11(3), pp.362-365, 2001.
- S. Ju, S. H. Cho, N. S. Cho. "Clincal Study of Stroke Patients who had visited the Emergency Medical Center", Chosun University Medical Institute, 27(2). 2002.
- J. S. Choi, Y. M. Song, J. H. Sung, "Serum total cholesterol and mortality in middle-aged Korean women". Atherosclerosis. 192(2), pp.445-447. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.atherosclerosis.2007.03.006
- Y. E. Kim, "A Cohort study on the risk for acute myocardial infarction and stroke in Korea". Seoul National University, Seoul, 2006.
- Sheu. J. J, Chiou. H. Y, Kang. J. H, Chen, Y. H, Lin. H. C, "Tuberculosis and the Risk of Ischemic Stroke A 3-Year Follow-Up Study. Stroke", 41(2), pp.244-249, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1161/STROKEAHA.109.567735
- Effects of Group Task-Oriented Circuit Training on Motor Function, ADLs and Quality of Life in Individuals with Chronic Stroke: A Case Study vol.16, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.3.1894