- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Structural Relationships among Site Quality of Online Wine Store, Perceived Value, and Online Purchase Intention
온라인 와인매장 사이트 품질, 지각된 가치, 온라인 구매의도 간의 구조적 관계
- Han, Su-Jin (Department of Business Administration, Hoseo University) ;
- Kim, Yoo-Jung (Division of Entreprenuership, Hoseo University) ;
- Kang, Sora (Division of Entreprenuership, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2013.08.16
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
With the increasing number of online wine stores, customers are increasingly seeking to purchase wine online. On the other hand, purchasing wine online is prohibited by law or regulation in Korea. Therefore, customers mainly search for wine information, inquire about wine products, and make a pre-purchase at an online wine store. Online wine stores play important roles in customer's purchase decision-making, and are likely to be a useful wine distribution channel in the near future. Therefore, the aim of this study was to identify the determinants of the online wine purchase intention, and examine the structural relationships between the determinants and online wine purchase intention. The site quality of online wine stores (information quality, system quality, service quality), and perceived value (quality value, price value, emotional value, social value) were selected as the determinants of online wine purchase intention based on literature review. The data was collected from those who had experience using an online wine store to purchase wine, and the data was used to test the proposed research model. The findings showed that the information quality was not related to the perceived value (quality value, price value, emotional value, social value). The system quality was proven to be positively and significantly related to the quality value, price value, and emotional value, whereas it had no impact on the social value. In addition, the service quality was found to affect the perceived value (quality value, price value, emotional and social value). Finally, the results showed that the quality value, emotional value, and social value have a positive impact on the online wine purchase intention, whereas the price quality is not related to the online wine purchase intention. These results are expected to make a contribution to a better understanding of how the quality of online wine stores and the customer's perceived value affect the online wine purchasing intention.
information quality;perceived value;purchase intention;service quality;system quality
- Oliver, R. L. and DeSarbo, W. S. "Response determinants in satisfaction judgment," Journal of Consumer Research, 14, 4, pp.495-507, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/209131 https://doi.org/10.1086/209131
- Komulainen, H., Mainela, T., Tahtinen, J. and P. Ulkuniemi, "Retailers' different value perceptions of mobile advertising service," International Journal of Service Industry Management, 18, 4, pp.368-93, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09564230710778146 https://doi.org/10.1108/09564230710778146
- Chen, C F. and M. H. Tsai, "Perceived value, satisfaction, and loyalty of TV travel product shopping: Involvement as a moderator," Tourism Management, 29, 6, pp.1166-1171. 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2008.02.019 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2008.02.019
- Cheng, J. M. S., E. S. T., Wang, J. Y. C. Lin, and S. D. Vivek, "Why do customers utilize the internet as a retailing platform?: A view from consumer perceived value" Asia Pacific journal of marketing and logistics, 21, 1, pp. 144-160. 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/13555850910926290 https://doi.org/10.1108/13555850910926290
- Tai, Y. M. "Perceived value for customers in information sharing services," Industrial Management & Data Systems, 111, 4, pp.551-569. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1108/02635571111133542
- Broekhuizen, T. L. Understanding channel purchase intentions: measuring online and offline shopping value perceptions. Ridderkerk: Labyrinth Publications. 2006.
- Toth, A. H., and G. Totth, Wine purchase behavior and personal value based consumer segmentation. In International Colloquium in Wine Marketing. 2003.
- Wilson, S. G., and I. Abel "So you want to get involved in e-commerce," Industrial Marketing Management, 31, 2, pp.85-94. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(01)00188-2 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0019-8501(01)00188-2
- Cazier, J. A., B. Shao, and R. D. Louis, "E-business differentiation through value-based trust," Information & Management, 43, 6, pp. 718-727. 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.03.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.03.006
- Hwang, Y .C., S .C. Cheon, K. H. Kim, and K. H. Kim. "The Effect to Trust, Satisfaction, Repurchase intention by Logistic Service Quality in Online Shopping," The Journal of Productivity, 27, 1, pp.479-507. 2013. https://doi.org/10.15843/kpapr.27.1.201303.479
- Kim, M. J., "A Study on the Importance and Satisfaction for the Attributes of Choosing Wine Retail Shop," Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea, 11, 4, pp.199-222. 2008.
- Reizenstein, R., and D. Barnaby, "Assessing consumer and retailer perception of table wine and wine store attributes" Advances in Consumer Research, 7, pp.95-100. 1980.
- Bruwer, J. and G. Wood, "The Australian online wine-buying consumer: motivational and behavioural perspectives" Journal of Wine Research, 16, 3, pp.193-211. 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09571260600556666 https://doi.org/10.1080/09571260600556666
- Ajzen, I., and M. Fishbein, "Understanding attitudes and predicting social behaviour." Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall. 1980.
- Lee, K. T., D. M. Koo, and M. J. Noh. "The Effect of Customer Perceived Value on Social Commerce Usage Intention", Korean Journal of Marketing, 18. 8. pp.135-161. 2011.
- Bagozzi, R .P., H. Baumgartner, and Y. Yi, "State versus action orientation and the theory of reasoned action: an application to coupon usage," Journal of Consumer Research, 18, 4, pp.505-518. 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1086/209277 https://doi.org/10.1086/209277
- Chang, H. H., and Wang, H. W,. "The moderating effect of customer perceived value on online shopping behaviour," Online Information Review, 35, 3, pp.333-359, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/14684521111151414 https://doi.org/10.1108/14684521111151414
- Delone, W .H., and E. R. McLean, "Information systems success: the quest for the dependent variable," Information Systems Research, 3, 1, pp. 60-65. 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.1.60 https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.1.60
- DeLone, W. H., and E. R. McLean, "Information systems success revisited. In System Sciences," 2002. HICSS. Proceedings of the 35th Annual Hawaii International Conference on (pp. 2966-2976). IEEE. 2002, January.
- Park, S. C., Y. J. Lee, and J. W. Kim, "Effects of Website Quality on Transaction Intentions in Internet Shopping: An Empirical Analysis of Mediating effects of Trust and Satisfaction," Management Science & Financial Engineering, 21 .2. pp.123-143. 2004.
- Lee, P. M., "Behavioral model of online purchasers in e-commerce environment. Electronic Commerce Research," 2, 1-2, pp.75-85, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013340118965
- Parasuraman, A, Zeithaml, and A. Malhotra, "E-S-QUAL: A multiple-item scale for assessing electronic service quality," Journal of Service Research, 7, 3, pp.213-230, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/1094670504271156 https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670504271156
- Levine, G. "10 steps to building a successful web site, Bobbin," 40, 8, pp.61-63, 1999.
- Liu, C., and K. P. Arnett, "Exploring the factors associated with Web site success in the context of electronic commerce," Information & management, 38, 1, pp.23-33, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(00)00049-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(00)00049-5
- Delone, W. H., and E. R. Mclean. "The Delone and Mclean model of information systems success: a ten-year update," Journal of Management Information Systems, 19, 4, pp.9-30. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2003.11045748
- Chen, P. T., and H, H, Hu, "The effect of relational benefits on perceived value in relation to customer loyalty: An empirical study in the Australian coffee outlets industry," International journal of hospitality management, 29 ,3, pp.405-412. 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2009.09.006 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2009.09.006
- Anderson, E. W., and V. Mittal "Strengthening the satisfaction-profit chain," Journal of Service Research, 3, 2, pp.107-120. 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/109467050032001 https://doi.org/10.1177/109467050032001
- Kotler, P,, and K L. Keller, Marketing Management, 12th ed, Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2006.
- Zeithaml, V. A. "Service quality, profitability, and the economic worth of customers: what we know and what we need to learn," Academy of Marketing Science Journal, 28, 1, pp.67-85, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0092070300281007 https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070300281007
- Chen, Z., and A. J. Dubinsky, A. J. "A conceptual model of perceived customer value in e‐commerce: A preliminary investigation," Psychology & Marketing, 20, 4, pp.323-347. 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/mar.10076 https://doi.org/10.1002/mar.10076
- Cheng, J .M. S., E. S. T. Wang, J. Y. C. Lin, and S. D. Vivek, "Why do customers utilize the Internet as a retailing platform? A view from customer perceived value," Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 21, 1, pp.144-60. 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/13555850910926290 https://doi.org/10.1108/13555850910926290
- Chi, H. K., H. R. Yeh, and B. F. Jang, "The effects of service quality, customer perceived value, customer satisfaction on behavioral intentions: a study of mobile value-added services in Taiwan," The Business Review, 10, 1, pp.129-135. 2008.
- Lee, E. J. and J. W. Overby, "Creating Value for Online Shoppers: Implications for Satisfaction and Loyalty" Journal of Consumer Satisfaction, Dissatisfaction and Complaining Behavior, 17, pp. 54-7. 2004.
- Soltani, I., and J. E. Gharbi, "Determinants and consequences of the website perceived value," Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, 13, 1, pp.1-13. 2008.
- Lindgreen, A. and F. Wynstra "Value in business markets: what do we know? Where are we going?," Industrial Marketing Management, 34, 7, pp.732-48, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2005.01.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.indmarman.2005.01.001
- Sweeney, J. C. and G.N. Soutar, "Consumer perceived value: the development of a multiple item scale," Journal of retailing, 77, 2, pp.203-220. 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(01)00041-0 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(01)00041-0
- Sheth, J. N., B .I. Newman, and B. L. Gross, "Why we buy what we buy: a theory of consumption values," Journal of business research, 22, 2, pp.159-170. 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(91)90050-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/0148-2963(91)90050-8
- Bearden, W. O., and R, G, Netemeyer, Handbook of marketing scales: Multi-item measures for marketing and consumer behavior research. Sage. 1999.
- Harris, L. C., and M. M. Goode, "The four levels of loyalty and the pivotal role of trust: a study of online service dynamics," Journal of retailing, 80, 2, pp.139-158. 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2004.04.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2004.04.002
- Sirdeshmukh, D., J. Singh, and B. Sabol, " Consumer trust, value, and loyalty in relational exchanges,". The Journal of Marketing, 66, 1, pp.15-37. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.184.108.40.20649 https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.220.127.116.1149
- Karjaluoto, H., C. Jayawardhena, M. Leppaniemi, and M. Pihlstrom, "How value and trust influence loyalty in wireless telecommunications industry," Telecommunications Policy, 36, pp.636-649. 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2012.04.012 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.telpol.2012.04.012
- Al-Sabbahy, H. Z., Y. Ekinci, and M.. Riley, "An investigation of perceived value dimensions: implications for hospitality research," Journal of Travel Research, 42, 3, pp.226-234. 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/0047287503258841 https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287503258841
- Lee, K .C., B U. Kang, S. Bomil, and J. U. Kim, "Exploring the Influence of the Internet Shopping Mall's Quality Factors on User Trust and Acceptance," Management Science & Financial Engineering, 22. 1. pp.27-46. 2005.
- Jang, S .H., Y .J. Ma, and C. W. Lee, "A Study on Influencing m-Loyalty of Website Quality in the Mobile Commerce," The e-Business Studies, 10. 4. pp. 131-153. 2009.
- Ranganathan, C., and S. Ganapathy, "Key dimensions of business-to-consumer web sites," Information & Management, 39, 6, pp.457-465, 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(01)00112-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(01)00112-4
- Schacklett, M., Nine ways to create a retail environment on your web site, Credit Union Magazine, pp.12-13. 2000.
- Smith, B. A., and E. J. "Merchant Designing an attractive web site: variables of importance," In Proceedings of the 32nd Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute, San Francisco, CA. Basil Blackwell. 2001.
- Weinberg, B.D. "Don't keep your Internet customers waiting too long at the (virtual) front door," Journal of Interactive Marketing, 14, 1, pp. 30-39. 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6653(200024)14:1<30::AID-DIR3>3.0.CO;2-M https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1520-6653(200024)14:1<30::AID-DIR3>3.0.CO;2-M
- Cao, M., Q. Zhang and J. Seydel "B2C e-commerce web site quality: an empirical examination," Industrial Management & Data Systems, 105, 5, pp.645-661, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02635570510600000 https://doi.org/10.1108/02635570510600000
- McKnight, D. H., V. Choudhury and C. Kacmar, "Developing and validating trust measures for e-commerce: an integrative typology," Information systems research, 13, 3, pp.334-359. 2002. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1287/isre.13.3.334.81 https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.13.3.334.81
- Cronin J. J. Jr., M. K. Brady, and G. T. Hult, "Assessing the effect of quality, value, and customer satisfaction on consumer behavioral intentions in service environments," Journal of Retailing, 76, pp193-198. 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00028-2 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00028-2
- Zeithaml, V. A., L .L. Berry, and A. Parasuraman, "Communication and control processes in the delivery of service quality," The Journal of Marketing, 55, 2, pp.35-48. 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1251263 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251263
- Mittal, B., and J. N. Sheth, Value Space: Winning the Battle for Market Leadership, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, 2001.
- Turel, O., A. Serenko, and N. Bontis, "User acceptance of wireless short messaging services: Deconstructing perceived value," Information & Management, 44, 1, pp.63-73. 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.10.005 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.10.005
- Lichtenstein, D. R., R. G., Netemeyer, and S. Burton, "Distinguishing coupon proneness from value consciousness: an acquisition-transaction utility theory perspective," The Journal of Marketing, pp.54-67. 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/1251816 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251816
- Thaler, R., "Mental accounting and consumer choice," Marketing science, 4, 3, pp.199-214. 1985. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1287/mksc.4.3.199 https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.4.3.199
- Lee, Y. K., P. S. Lee, N. H. Chung, and J. H. Park, "The Comparative Analysis on Channel Preferences between Internet and Mobile Banking: Transaction Costs Theory Perspective," The e-Business Studies, 9. 2. pp.25-46. 2008. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.9.2.200806.25
- Lee, J. W., and S. Lee, "A Structural Relationship among Wine Purchasing Motivation, Post Purchasing Satisfaction, and Loyalty," Journal of Foodservice Management Society of Korea, 14 .1. pp.243-258. 2011.
- Kim, H. W., Gupta, S., and J. Koh, "Investigating the intention to purchase digital items in social networking communities: A customer value perspective," Information & Management, 48, 6, pp.228-234, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2011.05.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2011.05.004
- Lin, H-F., "The impact of website quality dimensions on customer satisfaction in the B2C E-commerce context," Total Quality Management, 18, 4, pp.363-378, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14783360701231302 https://doi.org/10.1080/14783360701231302
- Poddar, A., N. Donthu, and Y. Wei, "Web site customer orientations, Web site quality, and purchase intentions: The role of Web site personality," Journal of Business Research, 62, pp.441-450, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.01.036 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2008.01.036
- Kim, J. U., W. J. Kim, and S. C. Park. "Consumer perceptions on web advertisements and motivation factors to purchase in the online shopping," Computers in Human Behavior, 26, pp.1208-.1222, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.03.032
- Steiger, J. H. and J .Lind, "Statistically-based tests for the number of common factors. Paper presented at the Annual Spring Meeting of the Psychometric Society," Iowa City, 1980.
- Fornell, C. and D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error," Journal of Marketing Research, 18, 1, pp.39-50, 1981. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/3151312 https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Nunnally, J. C., Psychometric Theory. New York: McGraw-Hill, 1978.