- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Study of the Weld Defects Identification Method by Ultrasonic Pulse Echo Patterns
초음파 펄스 에코 패턴으로 용접 결함 식별 방법 연구
- Kim, Won-Jung (Dept. of Computer aided mechanical design, ChangWon Campus, KOPO VII)
- 김원중 (한국폴리텍VII대학 창원캠퍼스 컴퓨터응용기계설계학과)
- Received : 2013.11.13
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
This study examined the ultrasonic pulse reflection method(UPRM) for testing each ultrasonic pulse waveform model(UPWM) based on weld defects. The sharp crack of a clear signal was generated. The echo height of the defective probes changed according to the location. In a long crack in a circle around the defective probes, the Swivel scanning echo height when using the particle was reduced drastically. The peaks in the echo were thin because the needle was pointed. The porosity defects arising from a single echo was sharp and crisp, but a number of pores of the collective reflection overlapped and ajagged echo was observed. Slag, slag inclusions, cracks, and defects at the Swivel scan of each particle using the echo shape showed difference in the degree. Cracks were revealed as sudden changes in the echo height of the slag inclusions: increase
ultrasonic pulse reflection method(UPRM);ultrasonic pulse waveform model(UPWM)
- S. J. Song"New Approaches to Ultrasonic Classification and Sizing of Flaws in Weldments", Journal of KWS, Vol.13, No.4, Dec, 1995.
- Jeon, Jin-Hong. Song, Sung-Jin. Kim, Hak-Joon. Kim,In-Chul. Yoo, Ji-Chang. Jung, Jung-Yong. "Burning Rate Measurement of Solid Propellant Using Ultrasonic Pulse-Echo Technique and Initial Experimental Setup", KSNT, P. 114-121, Autumn Seminar, 2005.
- Ki-Bok Km, Bonngyoung Ahn, Yong-Gil Kim, Jeong-Soo Ha "Study on Ultrasonic Transducer for Non-Destructive Evaluation of Highly Attenuative Material using PMN-PT Single Crystal" Journal of KSNT. Vol.27, No.4, 2007.