- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of Analysis Model for High-Performance Heat Pump
고성능 히트펌프 해석모델 개발 연구
- Yim, Sang-Sik (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Ki-Bum (Division of Mechanical Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Park, Sung-Young (Division of Automotive & Mechanical Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2013.08.30
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
Heat pumps have attracted considerable attention as a green energy system because they use renewable energy, such as geothermal, solar energy and waste heat, and can have a low electricity consumption rate compared to other conventional electric heating system. Many studies of high efficient heat pump system design was performed previously,but it is not easy to find any an analytical model that consists of components (e.g. compressor, heat exchangers, and expansion valve), not only having an interrelation and interconnection each other but also being flexible to any change in geometry and operating parameters. In this study, a computational model was developed for a heat pump with warm air as a heat source using the one-dimensional modeling software, AMESim. In combination with an independently-developed analytical model for a scroll compressor, the heat pump model can simulate the physical characteristics and actual behavior of the heat pump precisely. In addition, the reliability of the model was improved by verifying the simulation results using experimental data. The simulation data fell into the 10% error range compared with the experimental data. The heat pump model can be used for system optimization studies of product development and applied to other applications in a range of industrial field.
AMESim Software;Heat Pump;Scroll Compressor
Supported by : 산업기술연구회
- Y. D. Choi, S. H Han, S. H Choi, D. S kim, C. H. Um, "Study on the simulation of Heat Pump Heating and Cooling Systems to Resident Building", Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 65-74, SAREK, 2008.
- J. S. Kim, K. J. Lee, D. S Back, S. J Lee, H. T. Han, I. B. Lee, G. S. Han, "Performance Analysis of Heat pump using EES Program", pp. 642-647, Proc. of SAREK winter Conference, 2010.
- Y. J. Baik, M. S. Kim, K. C. Chang, Y. S. Lee, H. J. Kim, "Potential Performance Enhancement of Dual Heat Pump Systems through Series Operation", Vol. 36, No. 8, pp. 797-802, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2012.36.8.797 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2012.36.8.797
- J. Y. Kim, S. R. Park, Y. J Baik, K. C. Chang, H. S. Ra, M. S. Kim, Y. C. Kim, "Experimental Study on Compression/ Absorption High-Temperature Hybrid Heat Pump with Natural Refrigerant Mixture", Vol. 35, No. 12, pp.1367-1373, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2011.35.12.1367 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2011.35.12.1367
- S. Y. Jeong, H. G. Yun, K. W. Park, S. R. Park, M. S. Kim, "Numerical Simulation of a Two-Stage Hybrid Heat Pump", Vol. 34, No. 2, pp. 191-196, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2010.34.2.191 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2010.34.2.191
- H. G. Kim, M. S. Shin, D. U. Shin, M. S. Yeo, K. W. Kim, "The Study of Selecting Heat Pump System with Using the Outdoor Temperature and the Heating Load Analysis", Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 801-804, Proc. of AIK, 2009.
- S. S. Yim, Y. S. Lee, S. Y. Park, K. B. Kim, "Development and Validation of Simulation Model for A Scroll Compressor", Vol. 13, No. 5, KAIS, pp. 1976-1982, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.5.1976 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.5.1976
- Yunus A. Cengel, Michael A. Boles, "Thermodynamics an engineering appoach", McGraw-Hill, pp. 607-655, 2011.