- Volume 14 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on manufacturing of Injection Mold and Delivery System Characteristics of Cosmic case
화장품 용기의 유동 특성 및 사출금형 제작에 관한 연구
- Choi, Jae-Hoon (Department of Tool & Mold Engineering, Yuhan University)
- 최재훈 (유한대학교 금형설계과)
- Received : 2013.08.26
- Accepted : 2013.12.05
- Published : 2013.12.31
A cosmetic manufacturing process requires a mold that is inevitable for mass production. Cosmetic containers are one of major factors affecting the customer's purchase decision. In addition, the manufacturing cost in cosmetic container comprises a large portion of the entire product cost. Therefore, a mold satisfying the economical feasibility, aesthetics and functionality is necessary. Among the cosmetic containers, square shape containers have a tendency of having a short shot defect product. The square shaped cosmetic containers are mostly produced as a side gate shape on the two-plate molds. On the other hand, there are two disadvantages, such as gate trace and post processing requirement. The overlap-gateproposed in this study has the characteristics of intaglio gate cutting and no need for post processing. The delivery system of the overlap gate was simulated and compared with the side gate via Moldflow. The improvement in flow, frozen rate, density, and Air trap was confirmed. Based on the simulation results, the mold and performed injection molding was fabricated. In this study, the possibility of the mass production of high aesthetic and functionality cosmetic containers was verified.
Air trap;Injection Mold;Frozen;Overlap gate;Short shot
- Keun Park, Dong-hwi Sohn and Young-soo Seo, "Investigation of Weldline Strength with Various Heating Conditions", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 105-112, 2010.
- Seung-Hyun Lim, Kang-il Jeon, Young-gon Son and Dong-hak Kim, "Estimation of Viscosity of by Comparing the Simulated Pressure Profile from CAE Analysis with the Long Fiber Thermoplastic(LFT) Measuring Cavity Pressure", Journal of Korea Academia-industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 4 pp. 1982-1987, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.4.1982 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.4.1982
- Nguyen, K. T. and Kamal, M. R., "Analysis of the Packing Stage of a Viscoelastic Melt", Polymer Engineering and Science, Vol. 33, pp. 665-974, 1993. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/pen.760331103 https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760331103
- Dong-Hak Kim, Hong Jin Yoo and Tae Wan Kim, "Effects of the Mold Surface Heating Methods for the DVD Stamper with Nano Pattern on the Transcription of the Injection Molded Parts using COC and PMMA Plastics", Journal of Korea Academia-industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 218-222, 2004.
- Young-gook Kim, Hoon Lee and Jae-chun Jung "A Study on the Recycling Improvement Method of a Cosmetic Container in Korea", Korea Organic Resource Recycling Association, Vol. 10, No 1, pp. 128-138, 2002.
- Jae-ha Lee and Je-jun Kim "A Study on the Influence of Package Design of Female Cosmetics on Purchasing Preference" Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 52-58, 2004.
- Sei-hwan Kim, "How to Become a Metal Mold Consultant Engineer" Dae-kwang Book, pp. 545, 2013.
- Research on Gas Injection Mold using CAE Analysis of Steering wheel Parts vol.16, pp.11, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.11.7729
- A Study on Decision of gate location for Injection molding of Automobile air cleaner Upper cover vol.16, pp.7, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4411