- Volume 23 Issue 6
Antioxidative Activities and Gelatinization Characteristics of Sponge Cake added with Purple Sweet Potato
자색고구마를 첨가한 스펀지케이크의 항산화성 및 호화 특성
- Kim, Jong-Hee (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Seoil University) ;
- Lee, Kun Jong (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Soongui College)
- Received : 2013.10.17
- Accepted : 2013.12.20
- Published : 2013.12.31
In the study, purple sweet potato sponge cake was prepared with different ratios of purple sweet potato powder in order to examine the antioxidative activities and gelatinization characteristics. For DPPH radical scavenging effect, content of
Supported by : 서일대학교
- Ahn GJ (2010) Quality characteristics of sulgidduk prepared with amount of purple sweet-potato powder. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research 16: 127-136.
- AOAC (1995) Official Methods of Analysis. Association of official analytical chemists, Washington DC. pp 127-130.
- Baik SJ (1999) Physicochemical and gelatinization properties of pigmented rice flour and starch. Ph D Dissertation Chungbuk National University, Cheongju. pp 1-100.
- Brouillard R. (1981) Origin of the exceptional color stability of the Zebrina anthocyanin. Phytochemistry 20: 143-145. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-9422(81)85234-X
- Cho MS (2003) A study of intakes of vegetables in Korea. Korean J Food Culture 18: 601-612.
- Choi CC, Na HS, Oh DS, Kim SK, Kim K (2005) Gelatinization properties of waxy black rice starch. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 34: 87-92. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2005.34.1.087
- Choi JH, Kim JS, Jo BS, Kim JH, Park HJ (2011) Biological activity in functional cosmetic of purple sweet potato extracts. Korean J Food Preserv 18: 414-422. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2011.18.3.414
- Chun SH, Lee SU, Shin YS, Lee KS, Ru IH (2000) Preparation of yogurt from milk added with purple sweet potato. Korean J Food & Nutr 13: 71-77.
- Gaiashi K, Varriano-Marston E, Itoseney RC (1982) Gelatinization of wheat starch, IV, Amylograph viscosity. Cereal Chem 59: 263-267.
- Han IJ, Song BS, Kim JH Park JH, Lee JH, Chun SS (2011) Effects of antioxidant irradiation treatment under freezing temperature conditions on physicochemical and sensory properties of tarakjuk (milk porridge). J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 1750-1756. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.12.1750
- Haung DJ, Lin CD, Chen HJ Lin YJ (2004) Antioxidant and antiproliferative activities of sweet potato (Ipomoea banatas[L.] lam 'Tainong 57') constituents. Bot Bull Acad Sin 25: 179-186.
- Imbert MP, Seaforth CE, Williams DB (1966) Anthocyanin pigments of the sweet potato, Ipomoea batatas. J Amer Hort Sci 88: 481-485.
- Islam S (2006) Sweet potato (Ipomoea banatas L.) leaf: Its potential effect on human health and nutrition. J Food Sci 71: R13-R21. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.2006.tb08912.x
- Ishida H, Suzuno H, Sugi yama N, Innami S, Tadokoro T, Maekawa A (2000) Nutrietive evaluation on chemical component of leaves, stalks and stems of sweet potatoes (Ipomoea batatas poir) Food Chem 68: 359-367. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0308-8146(99)00206-X
- Johnson M, Pace RD (2010) Sweet potato leaves: properties and synergistics interactions that promote health and prevent disease. Nutr Rev 68: 604-615. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1753-4887.2010.00320.x
- Kwak CS, Lee KS, Chang JH, Park JH, Cho JH, Park JH, Kim KM, Lee MS (2013) In vitro antioxidant, anti-allergic and anti-inflammatory effects of ethanol extracts from Korean sweet potato leaves and stalks. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42: 369-377. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.3.369
- Kim YH (1998) Rheological properties of dough added with wheat bran. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 27: 1125-1131.
- Kim SJ, Rhim JW, Lee LS, Lee JS (1996) Extraction and characteristics of purple sweet potato pigment. Korean J Food Sci Technol 28: 345-351.
- Kim SY, Ryu CH (1997) Effect of certain additives on breadmaking quality of wheat-purple sweet potato flours. Korean J Soc Food Sci 13: 492-499.
- Kum JS, Silva JL, Han O (1994) Effects of microwave heating on processing of whole sweet potatoes. Korean J Soc Food Sci 10: 138-141.
- Kim SY, Rhu JH (1995) Studies on the nutritional components of purple sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas). Korean J Food Sci Technol 27: 819-825.
- Ko SH, Yoo EO (2012) Quality characteristics of muffins containing purple colored sweet potato powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20: 272-278.
- Koo BS, Song DS (2010) Extraction of natural red color pigment concentrate and manufacturing characteristics of pigment power from purple-fleshed sweet potato. Korean J Food & Nutr 23: 23-29.
- Lee LS, Chang EJ, Rhim JW, Ko BS, Choi SW (1997) Isolation and identification of anthocyanins from purple sweet potatoes. Korean J Food Sci Nutr 2: 83-88.
- Lee JS, Yoo SS (2012) Quality characteristics of wet noodles added with purple potato powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 22: 489-496.
- Lee SK, Shin MS (1994) Gelatinization and retrogradation properties of modified starch by steeping sweet potato. Korean J Food Sci Technol 26: 638-643.
- Lee SM, Choi YJ (2009) Quality characteristics of yanggeng by adding of purple sweet potato. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 19: 769-775.
- Lee SM, Park GS (2011) Quality characteristics of bread with various concentrations of purple sweet potato. Korean J Soc Food Sci 27: 1-15.
- Lochmann RT, Islam S, Phillips H, Adam Z, Everette J (2013) Effects of dietary sweet potato leaf meal on the growth. non-specific immune responses, total phenols and antioxidant capacity in channel catfish (Ictalurus puctatus). J Sci Food Agric 93: 1365-1369. https://doi.org/10.1002/jsfa.5898
- Oh HE, Hong JS (2008) Quality characteristics of sulgidduk added with fresh sweet potato. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 24: 501-510.
- Oh YK, Kim CS (2002) Effects of green tea powder on dough rheology and gelatinization characteristics. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 31: 749-753. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2002.31.5.749
- Park JS, Bae JO, Choi GH, Chung BW, Choi DS (2011) Antimutagenicity of Korean sweet potato (Ipomoea batasis L.) cultivars. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 40: 37-46. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.1.037
- Park ON (2011) Quality characteristics of pound and sponge cakes with addition of purple sweet potato powder. MS Thesis Daegu Catholic University, Gyeongsan. pp 1-68.
- Park SJ, Kim JM, Kim JE, Song SH (2011) Characteristics of sweet potato powders from eight Korean varieties. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 27: 19-29. https://doi.org/10.9724/kfcs.2011.27.2.019
- Park YM, Kim MH, Yoon HH (2012) Quality of characteristics of sulgidduk added with purple sweet potato. The Korean Journal of Culinary Research: 18: 54-64.
- Seo SJ, Choi YM, Lee SM, Kim KJ, Son JR, Lee JS (2007) Determination of selected antioxidant compounds in specialty rice. J Korean Sci Food Sci Nutr 36: 499-502. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2007.36.4.499
- Singleton VL, Orthofer R, Lamuela-Raventós RM (1999) Analysis of total phenols and other oxidation substrates and antioxidant by means of Folin-Cicocalteau reagent. Method Enzymol 299: 152-178. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0076-6879(99)99017-1
- Song J, Chung MN, Kim JT, Chi HY, Son JR (2005) Quality characteristics and antioxidative activities in various cultivars of sweet potato. Korean J Crop Sci 50: 141-146.
Teow CC, Truong VD, Mcfeeters RF, Thampson RL, Pecota KV, Yencho GC (2007) Antioxidant activities, phenolic and
$\beta$-carotene contents of sweet potato genotypes with varying flesh colours. Food Chem 103: 829-838. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2006.09.033
- Truong VD, McFeeters RF, Thomson RT, Dean LL, Shofran B (2007) Phenolic acid content and composition in leaves and roots of common commercial sweet potato (Ipomean batata L.) cultivars in the United States. J Food Sci 72: C343-C349. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1750-3841.2007.00415.x
- Yoo SS, Jeong HC (2012) Quality characteristics of pound cake with added mulberry fruit powder. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 22: 239-245.