- Volume 7 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Their Sense of Depression and Suicidal Thinking for Managerial Characteristics in Hypertense and Diabetic Patients
고혈압과 당뇨병 환자의 관리적 특성이 우울과 자살생각에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2013.11.10
- Accepted : 2013.12.06
- Published : 2013.12.30
This study aims to analyze the effect of hypertense, diabetic patients, managerial characteristics on their depression and suicidal thinking. Thus, this study selected 6,217 adults over the age of 19 from the 5th first-year data of Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey conducted by KCDC(Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) in 2010. As factors having effect on their suicidal thinking, unmarried patients(p=.000), middle school(p=.045), high school(p=.015), college and higher(p=.018), medicare(p=.045), hypertense(p=.042), exercise walking irregularly(p=.021), sense of depression(p=.035) showed a higher rate of suicidal thinking which were found to be statistically significant variables. Hypertense show a higher rate of suicidal thinking than normal people. Accordingly, it is necessary not only to pay attention to establishing plans to provide Hypertense and Diabetic patients with medical treatments, but to have more concern about their mental health so that they may be provided with a political support future.
Hypertense and Diabetic Patients;Sense of Depression;Suicidal Thinking
- Y.S. Jang, K.H. Ko, S.W. Lee, J.W. Lee, H.Y. Ko, J.H. Jin(2011), Korea's Health and Welfare Trends 2011, KIHASA, pp.160-171.
- National Health Insurance Service(2009), Annual 2008 Statistical report, p.432, pp.448-458.
- S.Y. Gwak(2009), A Study on the relationship between high blood pressure and depression among the senior citizens of Asan city, The Graduate School of Hanyang University, p.2.
- R. Klein, B.E. Klein, S.E. Moss, M.D. Davis, D.L. DeMets(1984), The wisconsin epidemiologic study of diabetic retinopathy. Iv.Diabetic macular edema, Ophthalmology, Vol.91;1464-1474. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0161-6420(84)34102-1
- R. Klein, B.E.K. Klein, S.E. Moss, M.D. Davis, D.L. DeMets(1984), The wisconsin epidemiologic study of diabetic retinopathy. Iii.Prevalence and risk of diabeticretinopathy when age atdiagnosis is 30 or more years. Arch Ophthalmol, Vol.102(4);527-532. https://doi.org/10.1001/archopht.1984.01040030405011
- M.J. Lee (2010), Self-Rated Health of the Chronic Disease Patients with Depression ,The Graduate school of Inje University, pp.1, 11, 41.
- J.H. Cho(2003), Relation among the Family Support, Depression, and the Life Satisfaction of the Elderly Patients with Chronic Illness, The Graduate school of Daejeon University, p.2.
- R. Choi, H.J Moon, B.D. Hwang(2010), The Influence of Chronic Disease on the Stress Cognition, Depression Experience and Suicide Thoughts of the Elderly, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.4(2);74-75.
- The National Statistical Office(2006), Statistics of The aged for 2006.
- Y.S. Kim(2003), A study on the Health Status and Health Promoting Behavior in The Aged in longevity area and urban area of Che-ju, The Graduate School of Seoul National University, p.34.
- S. Moussavi, S. Chatterji, E. Verdes, A.Tandon, V. Patel, B. Ustun(2007), "Depression, Chronic Diseases, and Decrements in Health: Results from the World Health Surveys." Lancet, Vol.370;851-858. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(07)61415-9
- E.J. Kang(2005), Factors Related to Suicide Ideation by Age Group, Health and Welfare policy forum, Vol.107;81-86
- S.S. Han(2012), Experiences of Depressive Symptom and Suicidal Thinking between the Elderly Living Alone and the Elderly couples, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.6(3);34-35
- H.S. Kim(2006), A special number: The Physical exercise of the aged; The Health and physical strength of the aged and quality of wellness, korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol.94;19-27.
- J.H. Shin(2011), Prevalence of Suicide-Related Behaviors and of Risk Factors between Suicide Ideation Only and Suicide Ideation/Plan in Community Resident, The Graduate School, Chungnam National University, pp.53-54.
- The Influence on Health-related Quality of Life in Diabetes Mellitus Patients over 50 Years Old by Stress Recognition, Depression, and Suicidal Thinking vol.9, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2015.9.2.057
- Development of Healthcare Data Quality Control Algorithm Using Interactive Decision Tree: Focusing on Hypertension in Diabetes Mellitus Patients vol.10, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2016.10.3.063
- The Correlation between Cognition, Depression and Leisure Activity of Elderly People vol.8, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2014.8.1.065
- Influencing Factors on Health-Related Quality of Life in Middle-Aged Adults With Hypertension vol.9, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4018/IJEHMC.2018100105