- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Small-Scale Pond Effects on Reducing Pollutants Load from a Paddy Field
논의 양분유출 저감을 위한 저류지 효과
- Kim, Min-Kyeong (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Kwon, Soon-Ik (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Jung, Goo-Bok (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Hong, Seong-Chang (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Chae, Mi-Jin (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- Yun, Sun-Gang (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA) ;
- So, Kyu-Ho (Climate Change and Agroecology Division, National Academy of Agricultural Science, RDA)
- 김민경 (국립농업과학원 농업환경부 기후변화생태과) ;
- 권순익 (국립농업과학원 농업환경부 기후변화생태과) ;
- 정구복 (국립농업과학원 농업환경부 기후변화생태과) ;
- 홍성창 (국립농업과학원 농업환경부 기후변화생태과) ;
- 채미진 (국립농업과학원 농업환경부 기후변화생태과) ;
- 윤순강 (국립농업과학원 농업환경부 기후변화생태과) ;
- 소규호 (국립농업과학원 농업환경부 기후변화생태과)
- Received : 2013.09.23
- Accepted : 2013.10.31
- Published : 2013.12.31
BACKGROUND: Water-born pollution loads by agricultural non-point source (NPS) pollution are expected to become intensified due to ongoing precipitation change. Therefore, it is essential to develop a best management practice (BMP) that is suitable to agricultural environments in Korea. This study aimed to develop an environmental-friendly BMP to reduce NPS pollution load by agricultural activities. An eco-friendly way, small drainage pond, was suggested in this study to avoid direct drainage of agricultural runoffs and eventually reduce the amount of pollutants discharged into the surrounding aqua-environment. METHODS AND RESULTS: A small pond (
Grant : Research Program for Agricultural Science & Technology Development
Supported by : National Academy of Agricultural Science
- An, I.S., Kim, Y.C., Lee, D.R., 2007. Discharge of the pollutants from rice paddies during the period of cultivation, J. of KSWQ. 23, 266-273.
- American Public Health Association, 1998. Standard Methods for Examinations of Water and Wastewater, 20th edition, Washington D.C., USA.
- Cooke, J.G., 1994. Nutrient transformations in a natural wetland receiving sewage effluent and the implications for waste treatment, Wat. Sci. Tech. 29, 209-217.
- Ham, J.H., Yoon, C.G., Kim, H.C., Koo, W.S., Shin, H.B., 2005. The effect of plant coverage on the constructed wetlands performance and development and management of macrophyte communities, Korean J. Limnol. 38, 393-402.
- Jang, J.R., Shin, Y.R., Jung, J.Y., Choi, K.W., 2011. Constructed wetland design method to treat agricultural drainage from tidal reclaimed paddy areas, KCID J. 18, 4-17.
- Kadlee, R.H., Knight, R.L., 1996. Treatment wetlands, CRC press, FL, USA.
- Kim, H.C., Yoon, C.G., Um, H.Y., Kim, H.J., Haam, J.H., 2008. Analysis of treatment efficiency according to openwater in constructed wetland, J. of KSWQ. 24, 709-717.
- Kim, M.K., Roh, K.A., Lee, N.J., Seo, M.C., Koh, M.H., 2005. Nutrient load balance in large-scale paddy fields during rice cultivation, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 38, 113-171.
- Kim, M.K., Kwon, S.I., Kang, S.S., Jung, G.B., Hong, S.C., Chae, M.J., So, K.H., 2012. Minimizing nutrient loading form SCB treated paddy rice fields through water management, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45, 671-675. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.671
- Machlum, T., Warner, W.S., Staalnacke, P., Jenssen, P.D., 1998. Leachate treatment in extended aeration lagoons and constructed wetlands in Norway, CRC Press, Florida, USA.
- Ministry of Environment, 2008. Standard methods of water sampling and analysis, Ministry of Environment, Incheon, Korea.
- Mitsch, W.J., Gosselinl, J.G., 2000. Wetlands, 3nd ed. John Wiley & Sons, New York, USA.
- National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, 2000. Methods of soil and plant analysis, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Spieles, D.J., Mitsch, W.J., 2000. The effects of season and hydrologic and chemical loading on nitrate retention in constructed wetlands: a comparison of low and high nutrient riverine systems, Ecol. Eng. 14, 77-91.
- Takeda, I., Kunimatsu, T., Kobayashi, S., Maruyama, T., 1991. Pollutants balance of a paddy field area and its loadings in the water system-Studies on pollution loadings from a paddy field area(II)-, Trans. of the JSIDRE. 153, 63-72.
- Yoon, C.J., Hwang, H.S., Jeon, J.H., Ham, J.H., 2003. Analysis of nutrients balance during paddy cultivation, Korean J. Limnol. 36, 66-73.
- Management of Ponding Depth and Discharge Filtration from Paddy Fields for Controlling Non-point Source Pollution vol.57, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2015.57.6.125
- APEX(Agricultural Policy/Environmental eXtender) Model: An Emerging Tool for Agricultural Environmental Analyses vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2014.47.3.187
- Furrow Cover Effects of Black Non-woven Fabric on Reduction of Nitrogen and Phosphorus Discharge from Upland Soil Used for Red Pepper Cultivation vol.48, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2015.48.6.671
- Application Evaluation of Best Management Practices for Agricultural Non-Point Source Pollution using Delphi Survey Method vol.33, pp.2, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2014.33.2.144