- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Liquid-Composting Conditions of By-product Obtained from Degradation of Animal Carcass for Agriculture Recycling
폐가축사체의 농업적 재활용을 위한 가축사체 액상부산물의 액비화 조건 구명
- Seo, Young-Jin (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Seo, Dong-Cheol (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Kang, Se-Won (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Gyu (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Park, Ju-Wang (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Choi, Ik-Won (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Sung, Hwan-Hoo (National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kang, Seog-Jin (National Institute of Animal Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Cho, Ju-Sik (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University)
- 서영진 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 서동철 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 강세원 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 이상규 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 박주왕 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 최익원 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 성환후 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 강석진 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 조주식 (순천대학교 생물환경학과)
- Received : 2013.10.01
- Accepted : 2013.12.16
- Published : 2013.12.31
BACKGROUND: Globally, concern about emerging infectious diseases of livestock is growing. For the disposal of the animal carcass, it is necessary to recycle the carcass into an agriculturally usable product. The objective of this study was to investigate the composting conditions of liquid by-product obtained from degradation of animal carcass. METHODS AND RESULTS: Optimum conditions of liquid fertilizer were investigated using different microorganisms, pHs, and volumes of microorganisms (Lactobacillus rhamnosus+Pichia deserticola). Based on the results from the optimum conditions, compost maturity and quality of liquid fertilizer were evaluated for 112 days. The compost maturity of liquid fertilizer were higher in the order of LP(Lactobacillus rhamnosus + Pichia deserticola) > BC(Bacillus cereus) > BS(Bacillus subtilis). The optimum condition under different volumes of LP was injection of 0.5 mL/100 mL. The compost maturity under different pHs were higher in the order of pH 7 >
Animal carcass;By-product;Compost maturity;Liquid fertilizer
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- An, N.H., Kim, Y.K., Lee, Y., Jee, H.J., Park, J.H., Hong, S.J., Han, E.J., 2011. Changes in chemical properties and microbial population of farm-made organic liquid fertilizer during fermenting process, Korean J. Organic Agri. 19, 417-425.
- An, N.H., Jo, Y.S., Jo, J.R., Kim, Y.K., Lee, Y., Jee, H.J., Lee, S.M., Park, K.L., Lee, B.M., 2012. The survey of actual using conditions of farm-made liquid fertilizers for cultivating environment-friendly agricultural products, Korean J. Organic Agri. 20, 345-356.
- Animal Plant & Fisheries Quarantine & Inspection Agency, 2011. Animal disease on central prediction conference, first quarter of the year. 11-1380644-000068-08.
- Choi, S.K., Song, H.H., Park, K.S., 2012. Analysis of foot-and-mouth disease diffusion velocity using network tool. The Korean Society for GeoSpatial Information System, 20, 101-107. https://doi.org/10.7319/kogsis.2012.20.2.101
- Elad, Y., Shtienberg, D., 1994. Effect of compost water extracts on grey mould(Botrytis cinerea), Crop protection 13, 109-114. https://doi.org/10.1016/0261-2194(94)90160-0
- Hill, D.T., 1977. A dynamic model for simulation of animal waste digestion, J. Water Pollut. Control Fed. 49, 2129-2130.
- Kang, M.A., 2011. Fate characteristic by non-biodegradation organics of FMD leachate, Proceedings of KSEG 2011 Fall Conference / November 10-11, 2011.
- Kim, K.H., Kim, K.R., Kim, H.S., Lee, G.T., Lee, K.H., 2010. Assessment soil and groundwater contamination at two animal carcass disposal sites, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43, 368-370.
- Kim, S.K., Kim, J.E., Park, D.M., 2011. The cultural analysis of 2010-2011 foot and mouth disease massacre in Korea, J Environ Health Sci. 37, 165-169. https://doi.org/10.5668/JEHS.2011.37.2.165
- Lee, H.J., Cho, J.S., Heo, J.S., 1998. Study on optimum conditions for the composting of industrial wastewater sludge, J. of the Korean Environmental Sciences Society 7, 96-103.
- Lee, G.J., Jeon, J.O., Park, J.H., Nam, S.Y., Kim, T.J., 2011. The manufacturing characteristics of organic liquid fertilizer with poultry manure, soybean meal, and rice bran, Korean J. Organic Agri. 19, 577-587.
- Park, M.E., Kang, A.S., Kim, S.C., 2006. The effect of storage container types on odor emission and quality of piggery liquid slurry fertilizer in the farms, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 39, 136-143.
- Seo, D.C., Kang, S.W., Choi, I.W., Sung, H.H., Hur, T.Y., Yoo, J.Y., Lee, Y.J., Heo, J.S., Kang, S.J., Cho, J.S., 2011. Evaluation of fertilizer value of animal waste for agricultural recycling, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44, 788-793. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.788
- Seo, Y.J., Seo, D.C., Choi, I.W., Kang, S.W., Lee, S.G., Sung, H.H., Kim, T.S., Kim, H.G., Park, S.H., Kang, S.J., Cho, J.S., 2012. Selection of optimal degradation agents for hydrolysis of animal cadavers, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45, 241-247. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.241
- Seo, Y.J., Seo, D.C., Choi, I.W., Kang, S.W., Lee, S.G., Sung, H.H., Kim, T.S., Kim, H.G., Park, S.H., Kang, S.J., Cho, J.S., 2012. Degradation Rate and Velocity under Different Acidic and Alkaline Degradation Agents for Liquid Fertilizer of Rendering By-product, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45, 810-816. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.810
- Rural Development Administration, 2006. Method of physiochemical examination by fertilizer, pp. 144-234, Korea.
- Rural Development Administration, 2010. Manual of composting using liquid pig manure, 11-1390000-002801-01. Korea.
- Rural Development Administration, 2012. Official standard of commercial fertilizer, Korea.