- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Study on Eco-friendly Control Effect of Natural Plant Extract Mixtures on Mulberry Popcorn Disease and Mulberry Sucker
천연 식물추출물 복합제를 이용한 오디균핵병 및 뽕나무이에 대한 친환경 방제기술 개발
- Ahn, In (Korea Eco-Friendly Agromaterials Association) ;
- Maeng, Woon-Young (Korea Eco-Friendly Agromaterials Association) ;
- Lee, In-Eae (Korea Eco-Friendly Agromaterials Association) ;
- Kim, Sam-Hyun (Korea Eco-Friendly Agromaterials Association) ;
- You, Ji-Won (Institute of Applied Biology Research Lab.) ;
- Chang, Ki-Woon (Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Bae-Yong (Phylus. Co.)
- 안인 ((사)한국친환경농자재협회) ;
- 맹운영 ((사)한국친환경농자재협회) ;
- 이인애 ((사)한국친환경농자재협회) ;
- 김삼현 ((사)한국친환경농자재협회) ;
- 유지원 (한국응용생물연구소) ;
- 장기운 (충남대학교) ;
- 김배용 ((주)피러스)
- Received : 2013.09.26
- Accepted : 2013.12.16
- Published : 2013.12.31
BACKGROUND: Two Field tests were conducted at Buan and Yangpyung in 2012 and 2013 to confirm controlling effect of mulberry popcorn disease and mulberry Sucker pests which are becoming serious in mass cultivation area of eco-friendly farming mulberry. METHODS AND RESULTS: As the treatments, 4 Natural products and 3 microbials were applied and 4 mulching materials were used. On the prevent effect of mulberry popcorn disease(Sclerotinia shiraiana) by using mulching materials, nonwoven fabric mulching showed worse effect than non-mulched treatment plot. Moreover, rice straw mulching showed significantly worse effect compare to nonwoven fabric and herb mulching treatments. Natural plant extracts and microbials showed 40~65% control value in 2013, which is little bit worse than 2012 results. On the control effect of mulberry Sucker(Amomoneura mori), organic products which combined with neem, sophora and derris showed excellent result as similar control level of Thiophanate-methyl. It means the chemical products can be replaced with organic product. CONCLUSION(S): According to the 2 years studied results, integrate eco-friendly farming measures are recommended for control of mulberry popcorn disease, because any single method is seemed not sufficient enough. However, natural plant extracts mixture is recommended as a product to control of mulberry Sucker.
Eco-friendly farming;Microbials;Mulberry;Mulching materials;Natural plant extracts;Popcorn disease;Sucker
Grant : Cooperative Research Program for Agriculture Science & Technology Development
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Choi, M.J., Lee, J.Y., 1983. Physiological and Ecological Studies on Mycelia of Armillariella mellea, K. J. Mycel. 11, 79-84.
- Hong, S.K., Kim, W.G., Sung, G.B., Nam, S.H., 2007. Identification and distribution of two fungal species causing sclerotial Disease on Mulberry fruits in Korea, Mycobiology 35, 87-90. https://doi.org/10.4489/MYCO.2007.35.2.087
- Hong, S.K., Kim, W.G., Sung, G.B., 2007. Aspects of Popcorn Disease Occurrence on Mulberry Fruits in Korea, pp. 133-136, Research in Plant Disease, Korea.
- Jeon, K.S., Kim, H.C., Bae, H.J., Bae, K.S., Kim, T.C., 2009. Frost Damage of Mulberry Tree according to Topographic Characteristics in Buan Province, K. J. Bio-Environment Control 20, 11-20.
- Ahn, I., Maeng, W.Y., Lee, I.E.. Kim, S.H., Kim, W.S., 2012. Eco-friendly control and environmental Factors of Mulberry Popcorn Disease(Ciboria shirainana) By Natural Plant Extracts and Microbials, Korean J. Environ. Agric. 31, 223-224.
- Bae, H.J., Kim, H.C., Kim, T.C., 2010. Damage Mitigation Effect of Popcorn Disease(Sclerotinia shiraiana Hennings) in Mulberry(Morus nigra L.) accoding to Soil Management Method., K. J. Horti science 28, 88-93.
- Kohn, L..M., Nagasawa, E., 1984. The genus Scleromitrula (Sclerotiniaceae), Episclerotium gen.nov.(Leotiaceae) andallied stipitate-capitate species with reduced ectal excipula.Trans, Mycol. Soc. Japan 25, 127-148.
- Kim, H,C., Kwon, T.O., Bae, J,H, Kim, T,C., 2012. Shoot Growth Characteristics and Climatic Factors in Greenhouse Cultivation of Mulberry, Journal of Bio-Environment Control 21(1), 74-78.
- Seasonal Occurrence And Environment-Friendly Control Of Mulberry Sucker, Anomoneura Mori, On The Mulberry Grown For Fruit Production 2016, https://doi.org/10.5656/KSAE.2016.10.0.042
- Bacillus thuringiensisC25 suppresses popcorn disease caused byCiboria shiraianain mulberry (Morus australisL.) vol.26, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1080/09583157.2015.1084999