- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Liquid Pig Manure on Yield of Several Forage Crops and Soil Chemical Properties
돈분액비 시용이 동·하계 사료작물의 수량 및 토양의 화학적 특성에 미치는 영향
- Cho, Kwang-Min ;
- Lee, Sang-Bok ;
- Back, Nam-Hyun ;
- Yang, Chang-Hyu ;
- Shin, Pyung ;
- Lee, Kyeong-Bo ;
- Park, Ki-Hoon ;
- Baek, Seung-Hwa
- Received : 2013.10.08
- Accepted : 2013.12.12
- Published : 2013.12.31
BACKGROUND: Liquid pig manure(LPM) is a useful resource if it is sufficiently fermented and utilized in the agriculture; it provides nutrients to soils, circulates organic materials and replaces chemical fertilizers(CF) with reasonable costs. Currently, there are not many trials in paddy field to continuously cultivate the crops in winter and summer season using LPM. METHODS AND RESULTS: When cultivating winter forage crops (Whole-crop-barley(WCB), Rye, Triticale, Italian ryegrass(IRG)) and summer feed corns in the rice field, CF was treated with
Feed value;Forage crop;Liquid pig manure
- AOAC., 1995. Official method of analysis, 15th ed. Association & Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC.
- Bernal, M.P., Kirchman, H., 1992. Carbon and nitrogen mineralization and ammonia volatilization from fresh, aerobically and anaerobically treated pig manure during incubation with soil, Biol. Fert. Soils 13, 135-141.
- Cho, K.M., Lee, S.B., Back, N.H., Yang, C.H., Jung, J.H., Lee, K.B., Kim, K.J., Chun, J.C., 2012. Effect of tillage after application of liquid-pig-manure on occurrence of water-foxtail and yield of winter forage crop, Korean J. Intl. Agri. 24, 429-434.
- Davis, R.R., 1969. Nutrition and fertilizers in turf grass science, pp. 130-132, ASA.
- Douglas, B.F., Magdoff, F.R., 1991. An evaluation of nitrogen mineralization induce for organic residues, J. Environ. Qual. 20, 368-372.
- Goering, H.K., Van Soest, P.J., 1970. Forage fiber analysis, p. 379, Agric. Handbook, U.S. Gov. Print. Office Washington, DC.
- Gilmour, J.T., Mauromoustakos, A., Gale, P.M., Norman, R.J., 1998. Kinetics of crop residue decomposition: variability among crops and years, Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 62, 750-755. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1998.03615995006200030030x
- Holland, C., Kezar, W., Kautz, W P., Lazowski, E.J., Mahanna, W.C., Reinhart, R., 1990. The pioneer forage manual; A nutritional guide, pp. 1-55, Pioneer Hi-Bred International, INC., Desmoines, IA.
- Kanazawa, S., Yoneyama, T., 1980. Microbial degradation of 15N-labeled rice residues in soil during two years, incubation under flooded and upland conditions. Transformation of residue nitrogen, Soil Sci. Plant Nutr. 26, 241-254. https://doi.org/10.1080/00380768.1980.10431207
- Lee, S.T., Seo, D.C., Kim, E.S., Song, W.D., Lee, W.G., Heo, J.S., Lee. W.H., 2010a. Effect of continual application of liquid pig manure on malting barley growth and soil environment in double cropping system of rice-malting barley, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43, 341-348.
- Lee, S.T., Seo, D.C., Cho, J.S., Randy, A.D., Lee, Y.H., 2010b. Effect of annual and basal dressing with liquid pig manure on growth and quality of rice in double cropping system of rice-malting barley, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43, 624-630.
- MAF(Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, 2003. Handbook of techniques for forage production and utilization, Korea.
- National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, 2000. Methods of soil chemical analysis, NIAST, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Park, B.K., Lee, J.S., Cho, N.J., Jung, K.Y., 2001. Effect of liquid pig manure on growth of rice and infiltration waste quality, Korean J. Soc. Soil Sci. Fert. 34, 153-157.
- Park, J.S., Lee, W.W., Ju. Y.C., Kim, Y.H., 2002. Field lodging degree of rice varieties according to nitrogen application rate, Korean J. Crop Sci. 47, 226-235.
- Reneacu, R.B., Jr. Jones, G.D., Friodricks, J.B., 1983. Effect of P and K on yield and chemical composition of forage sorghum, Agron. J. 75, 5-8. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1983.00021962007500010002x
- Seo, Y.J., Huh, M.S., Kim. C.B., Lee, D.H., Choi, J., Kim, C.Y., 2001. Characterization of rice lodging by factor analysis, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 34, 173-177.
- Songin, W., 1985. The effect of nitrogen application on the content of nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium and calcium in the dry matter of rye and winter rye grown as winter catch crop, Herb. Abst. 55, 297.
- Summerell, B.A., Burgess, L.W., 1989. Decomposition and chemical composition of cereal straw, Soil Biol. Biochem. 21, 551-559. https://doi.org/10.1016/0038-0717(89)90129-6
- Yang, J.D., Lee, S.B. Kim, T.K., Ryu, J.H., Yoo, C.H., Lee, J.J., Kim, J.D., Jung, K.Y., 2008. The effect of tillage methods after application of liquid pig manure on silage barley growth and soil environment in paddy soil, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 41, 285-291.
- Influence of the Composted Liquid Manure on the Turf Growth of Zoysiagrass (Zoysiagrass japonica) and Soil Properties vol.3, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5660/WTS.2014.3.4.347
Supported by : Rural Development Administration