- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effect of Incorporation Times of Green Barley and Hairy Vetch on Rice Yield in Paddy Soil with Liquid Pig Manure
돈분액비를 시용한 녹비보리 및 헤어리베치의 혼입시기가 벼 수량에 미치는 영향
- Kang, Se-Won (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Seo, Dong-Cheol (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Lee, Sang-Gyu (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Seo, Young-Jin (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Park, Ju-Wang (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University) ;
- Ryu, Jin-Hee (National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kim, Min-Tae (National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kang, Hang-Won (National Institute of Crop Science, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Heo, Jong-Soo (Division of Applied Life Science(BK21 program) & Institute of Agriculture and Life Science, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Cho, Ju-Sik (Department of Bio-Environmental Sciences, Sunchon National University)
- 강세원 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 서동철 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 이상규 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 서영진 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 박주왕 (순천대학교 생물환경학과) ;
- 유진희 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 김민태 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 강항원 (농촌진흥청 국립식량과학원) ;
- 허종수 (경상대학교 응용생명과학부(BK21 농업생명산업 글로벌 인재 육성 사업단) & 농업생명과학원) ;
- 조주식 (순천대학교 생물환경학과)
- Received : 2013.10.01
- Accepted : 2013.10.14
- Published : 2013.12.31
BACKGROUND: Soil incorporation of green manure crop(GMC) and liquid pig manure(LPM) is one of the methods for reduction of chemical fertilizer and the increase of crop yield. The objective of this study was to select optimal incorporation time of GMCs on growth and nutrient property in paddy soil treated LPM. METHODS AND RESULTS: The kinds of GMCs were Hordeum vulgare L.(green barley, GB) and Vicia villosa roth(hairy vetch, HV). The effects of GMCs on rice yield were investigated under different incorporation times of GMCs(LPM1: at 25 days before rice transplantation, LPM2: at 18 days before rice transplantation, LPM3: at 11 days before rice transplantation). In GB treatments, the biomass was greater in the order of
Biomass;Green manure crop;Incorporation time;Nutrient supply;Rice yield
Grant : Cooperative Research Program for Agriculture Science & Technology Development
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Anonymous, 1991. Organic production of agricultural products and indications referring thereto on agricultural products and food stuffs. Official Journal of the European Community No. L198, 1-15.
- Cho, H.S., Park, W.Y., Jeon, W.T., Seong, K.Y., Kim, C.G., Park, T.S., Kim., J.D., 2011. Effect of green manure barley and hairy vetch on soil characteristics and rice yield in paddy, CNU Journal of Agricultural Science 38, 703-709.
- Jeon, W.T., Seong, K.Y., Lee, J.K., Kim, M.T., Cho, H.S., 2009. Effects of seeding rate on hairy vetch (Vicia villosa) - rye (Secale cereale) mixtures for green manure production in upland soil, Korean J. Crop Sci. 54, 327-331.
- Kang, S.W., Seo, D.C., Han, J.H., Seo, Y.J., Lee, S.G., Choi, I.W., Jeon, W.T., Kang, U.G., Heo, J.S., Cho, J.S., 2011. Effect of mixed cultivation with green manure crops and liquid pig manure on rice growth, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44, 1095-1102. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.6.1095
- Kim, M.T., Ku, J.H., Jeon, W.T., Seong, K.Y., Park, C.Y., Ryu, J.H., Cho, H.S., Oh, I.S., Lee, Y.H., Lee, J.K., Park, M., Kang, U.G., 2011. Effects of barley green manure on rice growth and yield accoridng to tillage date in spring, Korean J. Crop Sci. 56, 119-123. https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2011.56.2.119
- Kim, J.G., Lee, K.B., Lee, D.B., Lee, S.B., Na, S.Y., 2004. Influence of liquid pig manure on rice growth and nutrient movement in paddy soil under different drainage conditions, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 37, 97-103.
- Ku, J.H., Kim, M.T., Son, B.Y., Lee, J.S., Kim, J.T., Hwang, J.J., Baek, S.B. Moon, J.K., Kwon, Y.U., 2012. Change of seed yield, germination rate and hard seed rate with harvest time in hairy vetch (Vicia villosa roth), J. Kor. Grassl. Forage Sci. 32, 157-164. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2012.32.2.157
- Lee, S.G., Seo, D.C., Kang, S.W., Seo, Y.J., Choi, I.K., Jeon, W.T., Kang, U.G., Kang, H.W., Heo, J.S., Cho., J.S., 2012. Effects of application of liquid pig manure on yield of green manure in single and companion cropping, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45, 805-809. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.805
- Lim, K.H., Choi, H.S., Kim, H.J., Kim, B.S., Kim, D.I., Kim, S.G., Kim, J.S., Kim, W.S., Lee, Y., 2011. Effects of seeding time on growth and nutrient contribution of ryegrass and hairy vetch, J. Bio-Environment Control 20, 134-138.
- NIAST., 2000. Methods of soil and plant analysis, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Power, J.F., Zachariassen, J.F., 1993. Relative nitrogen utilization by legume cover crop species at three soil temperatures, Agron. J. 85, 134-140. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1993.00021962008500010025x
- Rural Development Administration(RDA), 2003. Standard of analysis and survey for agricultural research. Rural Development Administration. Suwon, Korea.
- Ryoo, J.W., 2008. Growth characteristics and green manure productivities of hairy vetch and woolly pod vetch under different sowing seasons in the highland area, KOREAN JOURNAL OF ORGANIC AGRICULTURE 16, 409-420.
- Thorup-Kristensen, K., 1994. the effect of nitrogen catch crop species on the nitrogen nutrition of succeeding crops, Fertilizer Research 37, 227-234 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00748941
- Thorup-Kristensen, k., Bertelsen, M., 1996. Green manure crops in organic vegetable production. in: Kristensen, N.H., Høeg-Jensen, H. (Eds), New Research in Organic Agriculture, Proceedings from the 11th International Scientific IFOAM Conference, Copenhagen, pp. 75-79.
- Yang, C.H., Ryu, J.H., Kim, T.K., Lee, S.B., Kim, J.D., Baek, N.H., Kim, S, Choi, W.Y., Kim, S.J., 2009. Effect of green manure crops incorporation with rice cultivation on soil fertility improvement in paddy field, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 42, 371-378.
- Yasue Tasuke., 1991. The change of cultivation and utilization of chinese milk vetch(Astragalus sinicus L.) and the effect of fertilizer and soil fertility on paddy field as a green manure, Jpn. J. Crop Sci. 60, 583-592. https://doi.org/10.1626/jcs.60.583