- Volume 32 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Effects of Green Manure Crops on Growth and Yield of Carrot for Reduction of Continuous Cropping Injury of Carrot through Crop Rotation
당근 연작장해 경감을 위한 녹비작물 재배가 당근 생육 및 수량에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Seong-Heon ;
- Seo, Dong-Cheol ;
- Park, Jong-Hwan ;
- Lee, Seong-Tae ;
- Lee, Sang-Won ;
- Kim, Hong-Chul ;
- Cho, Ju-Sik ;
- Heo, Jong-Soo
- Received : 2013.10.23
- Accepted : 2013.12.17
- Published : 2013.12.31
BACKGROUND: Soil incorporation of green manure crop(GMC) is one of the methods for reducing continuous cropping injury and increasing yield of carrot. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of green manure crops on growth and yield of carrot for reduction of continuous cropping injury of carrot through crop rotation. METHODS AND RESULTS: To reduce the injury by continuous cropping system(CCS) of carrot cultivation, GMCs such as crotalaria and sudangrass were applied, which GMC was sowed in latter-June and returned to soil in latter-October. Nutrient contributions of N,
Carrot;Continuous cropping;Green manure crop;Rotational cropping system
- Bernstein, L., 1975. Effects of salinity and sodicity on plant growth, Ann. Rev. of phytopathology 13, 295-312. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.py.13.090175.001455
- Chang, C.W., Drenge. H.E., 1955. The effect of exchangeable sodium on soil properties on growth and cation content of alfalfa and cotton, Soil Sci. Soc. Am. Proc. 19, 29-35. https://doi.org/10.2136/sssaj1955.03615995001900010007x
- Cho, H.S., Park, W.Y., Seong, K.Y., Kim, C.G., Park, T.S., Kim, J.D., 2011. Effect of green manure barley and hairy vetch on soil characteristics and rice yield in paddy, CNU J. Agricul. Sci. 38(4), 703-709.
- Cho, H.S., Seong, K.Y., Park, T.S., Seo, M.C., Jeon, W.T., Yang, W.H., Kang, H.W., Lee, H.J., 2012. Change in carbon amount of soil and rice plant as influenced by the cultivation of different green manure crop, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(6), 1058-1064. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.6.1058
- Cho, K.R., Kang, C.S., Won, T.J., Park, K.Y., 2006. Effects of compressed expansion rice hull application and drip irrigation on the alleviation of salt accumulation in the plastic film house soil, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 39(6), 327-379.
- Jeon W.T., Seong, K.Y., Kim, M.T., Oh, G.J., Oh, I.S., Kang, U.G., 2010. Change of soil physical properties by glomalin concentration and rice yield using difference green manure crop in paddy, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 43(2), 119-123.
- Jeon, W.T., Seong, K.Y., Kim, M.T., Oh, I.S., Choi, B.S., Kang, U.G., 2011. Effect of biomass and N production by cultivation methods of Leguminous and Gramineae green mamure on rice growth in central regions of Korea, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(5), 853-858. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2011.44.5.853
- Jun, H.S., Park, W.C., 2001. Soil chemical characteristics and comparison with infested status of nematode (Meloidogyne, spp.) in plastic house continuously cultivated oriental melon in Sonju, Korean J. Environ. Agric. 20, 127-132.
- Jeon, W.T., Seong, K.Y., Oh, G.J., Kim, M.T., Lee, Y.H., Kang, U.G., Lee, H.B., Kang, H.W., 2012. Changes of biomass of green manure and rice growth and yield using leguminous crops and barley mixtures by cutting height at paddy, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(2), 192-197. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.2.192
- Nam, S.Y., Kim, I.J., Kim, M.J., Kang, H.J., Yun, T., Rho, C.W., Min, K.B., Lee, C.H., 2007. Effects of green manure crops and rotational cropping system on growth and yield of sesame(sesamum indicum L.), Korean J. Plant Res. 20(5), 404-408.
- Jun, H.S., Park, W.C., Jung, J.S., 2002. Effects of soil addition and subsoil plowing on the changes of soil chemical properties and the reduction of root-knot nematode in continuous cropping field of oriental melon (Cucumis melo L.), Korean J. Environ. Agric. 21, 1-6. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2002.21.1.001
- Khoshgoftarmanesh, A.H., Shariamadari, H., Valki, R., 2003. Reclamation of saline soils by leaching and barley production, Commun. Soil Sci. Plant Anal. 34, 2875-2883. https://doi.org/10.1081/CSS-120025198
- Kim, B.S., 2011. Selection of desirable cultivar for organic cultivation of carrot, Res. Plant Dir. 17(1), 95-98. https://doi.org/10.5423/RPD.2011.17.1.095
- Kim, C.G., Seo, J.H., Cho, H.S., Choi, S.H., Kim, S.J., 2002. Effect of hairy vetch as green manure on rice cultivation, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 35(3), 169-174.
- Lee, B.H., Ahn, J.W., Hwang, D.Y., Oh, S.H., Kim, J.H., Kim, S.Y., Ku, Y.C., Choi, Z.R., 2006. Growth characteristics of six rice cultivars under rice-chinese milk vetch (Astragulus sinicus L.) cropping system, Korean J. Crop Sci. 51, 84-91.
- Lee, I.B., Kang, S.B., Park, J.M., 2008. Effect of soil incorporation of granminaceous and leguminous manures on tomato (Lycoperiscon esculentum Mill) growth and soil nutirient balances, Korean J. Environ. Agric. 27(4), 343-348. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2008.27.4.343
- NIAST., 2000. Methods of soil and plant analysis, National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Shon, B.K., Cho, J.S., Kang, J.G., Cho, J.Y., Kim, K.Y., Kim, H.W., Kim, H.L., 1999. Physico-chemical properties of soils at red pepper, galic and onion cultivation areas in Korea, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 32(2), 123-131.
- Sung, J.K., Lee, S.M., Jung, J.A., Kim, J.M., Lee, Y.H., Choi, D.H., Kim, T.W., Song, B.H., 2008. Effects of green manure crops. hairy vetch and rye, on N supply, red pepper growth and yields, J. Soil Sci. Fert. 41(4), 247-253.
- Wright, S.F., Upadhyaya, A., 1996. Extraction of an abundant and unusual protein from soil and comparison with hyphal protein of arbuscular mycorrhizal fungal, Soil Sci. 161, 575-586. https://doi.org/10.1097/00010694-199609000-00003
Yang, C.H., Lee, J.H. Baek, N.H., Jeong, J.H., Cho, K,M., Lee, S.B., Lee, G.B., 2012. Incorporation effect of green manure crop on improvement of soil environment on saemangeum reclaimed land during sorghum
$\times$sudangrass hydrid cultivation, Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 45(5), 744-748. https://doi.org/10.7745/KJSSF.2012.45.5.744
- Yang, S.K., Seo, Y.W., Kim, Y.S., Kim, S.K., Lim, K.H., Choi, K.J., Lee, J.H. Jung, W.J., 2011. Changes of pepper yield and chemical properties of soil in the application of different green manure crops and no-tillage organic cultivation, Korean J. Organic Agric. 19(2), 255-272.
- Effects of Green Manure Crops on Tomato Growth and Soil Improvement for Reduction of Continuous Cropping Injury through Crop Rotation in Greenhouse vol.28, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2015.28.2.263
- Desalinization Effect of Off-season Crop Cultivation in Long-term Oriental Melon Cultivated Plastic Film House Soils vol.34, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2015.34.4.39
- Effects of Green Manures and Complemental Fertilization on Growth and Nitrogen Use Efficiency of Chinese Cabbages Cultivated in Organic Systems vol.26, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11625/KJOA.2018.26.4.731
Grant : Cooperative Research Program for Agriculture Science & Technology Development
Supported by : Rural Development Administration