- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Practical Radiation Safety Control: (I) Application of Annual Limit on Intake and Derived Air Concentration
방사선안전관리 실무: (I) 연간섭취한도와 유도공기중농도의 적용
- Kim, Hyun Kee (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute, Department of Radiation Protection)
- 김현기 (한국원자력연구원 방사선방호팀)
- Received : 2013.11.19
- Accepted : 2013.12.12
- Published : 2013.12.30
Some of radioactive contamination is unavoidable in the facilities using the unsealed radioactive material. The primary purpose of radioactive contamination control in the workplace with contamination concern is the effects from the potential intake of radioactive material into the body. This paper provides procedures to estimate the level of internal exposure for the worker based on the conservative assumptions and simple calculations. They consist of two processes; to calculate air concentration of radioactive material and annual intake by inhalation with contaminated air and to compare each of them to Derived Air Concentration and Annual Limit on Intake mentioned in the related notification. The procedures are applicable to make a decision on practical requirements for monitoring air contamination and internal exposure of worker as follows; needs for measurement of air contamination and internal exposure and acquisition of information on the design of the ventilation system.
- ICRP. Annual limits on intake of radionuclides by workers based on the 1990 recommendations. International Commission on Radiological Protection Publication 61. Pergamon Press. 1991.
- 대한민국정부. 원자력안전법 시행령. 2013.
- 대한민국정부. 원자력안전위원회 고시 제2013-49호. 방사선방호 등에 관한 기준. 2013.
- 高田 茂 他. 방사능물질의 종류와 취급조건에 따른 비산율 계산법. Radioisotopes. 1983;32(5):260-269. https://doi.org/10.3769/radioisotopes.32.5_260
- Practical Radiation Safety Control: (II) Application of Numerical Guidance for the Discharges of Radioactive Gaseous and Liquid Effluents vol.39, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.14407/jrp.2014.39.1.061