- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Measurement Method of Final Residual Radioactivity of Radioactive Metallic Waste for Clearance
규제해제 대상 방사성 금속 폐기물 최종잔류방사능 측정법
- Seo, Bumkyoung (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Ji, Youngyong (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Hong, Sangbum (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Keunwoo (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Moon, Jeikwon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.11.18
- Accepted : 2013.12.04
- Published : 2013.12.30
It has been continuously generated the requirement for the replacement of the main components such as a steam generator due to the deterioration of the nuclear power plant all around the world. Also, a large amount of radioactive metal was generated during the decommissioning in a short period. It is required to make an accurate measurement of the residual radioactivity for recycling the metal waste for releasing from regulatory control. In planning the measurement procedures, the influence of geometry, self-absorption, density and other relevant factors on the representativeness of the measurements should be considered for the decommissioning metal waste. In this study, the method for measurement procedures, the source term evaluation, the ways to secure representative samples, the measurement device for wide area and the self-absorption correction factors for different density were evaluated. The metal samples for measurement were prepared for securing the simple geometry and representative by melting process. The developed correction method for measuring the radioactivity a variety density of metal waste could improve the reliability of the evaluation results for clearance.
- OECD/NEA. Nuclear decommissioning: Recycling and reuse of scrap metals. Paris France. 1996.
- 김계홍, 박찬희, 정종헌, 이근우, 서범경. 배관 내부 방사능 오염도 측정용 ZnS(Ag)/BC-408 phoswich 검출기 개발. 방사선방어학회지. 2006;31(3): 123-128.
- Meyer KE. Rapid/low-cost radiological characterization of residual uranium and technetium in contaminated scrap metal piles. 2004 WM'04 Conference, February 29 - March 4. Tucson USA.
- Lorenzen J, Lindberg M. Decontamination-melting of uranium-contaminated metal. 2000 WM'00 Conference, February 27 - March 2, Tucson USA.
- Hwang DS. Melting decontamination of the dismantled metal waste from the uranium conversion plant. 2009 ISRSM, November 4 - 6, Daejeon Korea.
- Anmdersson L. Recycling of contaminated metals for free release. 1999 WM'99 Conference, February 28 - March 4, Tucson USA.
- 김완태. 방사선/폐기물 분야 규제지침(안) 개발. KINS/RR-733. 2009.
- Hong DS, Ji YY, Kang IS, Kim TK, Ryu WS. Cost-benefit analysis for the regulatory clearance of soil and concrete waste at KAERI. 2010 WM2010 Conference, March 7 - 11, Phonenix USA.
- ICRP. Radiation protection principles for the disposal of solid rdioactive waste. ICRP Publication 46. 1985.
- IAEA. Application of the concepts of exclusion, exemption and clearance. Safety Standards Series No. RS-G-1.7, Vienna. 2004.
- 홍상범, 이봉재, 정운수. 연구로 1, 2호기 해체 철재 폐기물의 규제해제농도기준(안) 도출을 위한 연구. 방사성폐기물학회지. 2004;2(1):61-67.
- VF. FRM-02 series free release monitor. data sheet VF B-06-B0002a. http://www.vf.eu/data/files/b-06-b0002a-130527-frm-02-series-28-en.pdf.
- Yamanaka T, Yamaguchi N, Ishikura T, Oguri D. The technical development on residual radioactivity measurement during decommissioning. 2003 11th International Conference on Nuclear Engineering (ICONE11), April 20-23, Tokyo Japan.
- 황기하, 이상철, 강상희, 이건재, 정찬우, 안상면, 김태욱, 김경덕, 허영희, 송명재. 국내 원전 대상의 척도인자를 활용한 핵종재고량 규명 방법의 개발. 방사성폐기물학회지. 2004;2(1):77-85.
- IAEA. Determination and use of scaling factors for waste characterization in nuclear power plants. IAEA Nuclear Energy Series No. NW-T-1.18. Vienna. 2009.