- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Field Tracer Experiments under Severe Wether Conditions for the Validation of the Dispersion of Radioactive Materials
방사능 확산 검증을 위한 악기상 조건에서의 추적자 야외확산 실증실험
- Han, Moon Hee (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Eun Han (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, Hyo Joon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, Hae Sun (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Park, Mi Sun (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Hwang, Won Tae (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Received : 2013.10.28
- Accepted : 2013.11.07
- Published : 2013.12.30
The suitability of the site criteria is a basic requirement for securing safety of nuclear power plants. The suitability should be confirmed through the estimation of environmental radiation effects at the exclusion area boundary under the severe weather conditions. In this study, field tracer experiments over short range of 1 km radius under severe weather conditions were conducted at flat area in Daejeon. Severe weather conditions are represented with stable atmospheric condition and low wind speed. In general, the condition is appeared at clean night time with weak wind. The analysis of the measured distribution of the released tracer gas shows two big differences between the results of the past experiments conducted under the favorable weather conditions. One is the difficulty of finding the typical distribution of the released tracer gas with peak concentration in the downwind direction. The other one is the appearance of the contour of the concentration of tracer gas at several hundred meters even though the gas released at 10 m height over the ground.
- Han MH, Kim EH, Suh KS, Hwang WT, Jeong HJ. Development of radiological dose assessment systems to support a radiological emergency preparedness in Korea. Ann. Nucl. Energy. 2012;43:187-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.anucene.2011.12.014
- Han MH, Kim EH, Suh KS, Hwang WT, Choi YG. Field tracer experiments over nuclear sites for the validation of a Korean real-time atmospheric dispersion and dose assessment system (FADAS). Int. J. Environ. Pollut. 2001;16(1-6):227-236. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJEP.2001.000619
- Han MH, Kim EH, Suh KS, Hwang WT, Jeong HJ. Simulation of the dispersion of radioactive effluents over the Kori site using field tracer experiment. J. Nucl. Sci. Technol. 2004;Supplement 4:423-426.
- Lenschow DH. Probing the atmospheric boundary layer. American Meteorological Society. 1986.