- Volume 38 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Preliminary Analysis of Dose Rate Variation on the Containment Building Wall of Dry Interim Storage Facilities for PWR Spent Nuclear Fuel
경수로 사용후핵연료 건식 중간저장시설의 격납건물 크기에 따른 건물 벽면에서의 방사선량률 추이 예비 분석
- Seo, M.H. (Korea Radioactive Waste Agency) ;
- Yoon, J.H. (Korea Radioactive Waste Agency) ;
- Cha, G.Y. (Radiation Core Technologies, Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2013.07.18
- Accepted : 2013.11.08
- Published : 2013.12.30
Annual dose on the containment building wall of the interim storage facility at normal condition was calculated to estimate the dose rate transition of the facility of PWR spent nuclear fuel. In this study, source term was generated by ORIGEN-ARP with 4.5 wt% initial enrichment, 45,000 MWd/MTU burnup and 10 years cooling time. Modeling of the storage facility and the containment building and radiation shielding evaluations were conducted by MCNP code depending on the distance between the wall and the facility in the building. In the case of the centralized storage system, the distance required for the annual dose rate limit from 10CFR72 was estimated to be 50 m.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- 사용후핵연료 수송.저장 시스템 상용화 기술개발 1단계보고서. 한국원자력환경공단. 2011.
$(R)$horizontal modular storage system for irradiated nuclear fuel final safety analysis report volume 4 of 4. Rev.8, TRANSNUCLEAR. 2004.
- Holtec International final safety analysis report for the HI-STORM 100 cask system. Holtec; Holtec International Holtec Center. 2010.
- 10CFR72.104. Criteria for radioactive materials in effluents and direct radiation from an ISFSI or MRS. 2006.
- ORIGEN-ARP: Automatic rapid processing for spent fuel depletion, decay, and source term analysis. Ver.6. Oak Ridge National Laboratory. 2005.
- 김태만, 백창열, 차길용, 김순영, 이우교. 경수로 사용후핵연료 건식 중간저장시설에 대한 예비 방사선 영향 평가. 방사선방어학회지. 2012;37(4):197-201.
- Standard review plan for spent fuel dry storage systems at a general license facility. NUREG-1536. U.S Nuclear Regulatory Commission. 2010.
- MCNP - A general Monte Carlo N-particle transport code version 5 (Vols. I-III). Los Alamos National Laboratory. 2003.
- Annals of the ICRP - Conversion coefficients for use in radiological protection against external radiation. ICRP Publication 74. ICRP. 1996.