- Volume 22 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Development of Protein Materials using Dead Flatfish from Fish Farms(2) -Industrial Process-
양식장 넙치 폐사어를 이용한 단백질 소재의 개발에 관한 연구(2) -산업화공정 연구-
- Kang, Keon-Hee (Yeongsan Skate Co.,Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Min-Gyu (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kam, Sang-Kyu (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pukyong National University) ;
- Jeong, Kap-Seop (Department of Food Science & Nutrition, Tongmyong University)
- Received : 2013.04.25
- Accepted : 2013.06.10
- Published : 2013.12.31
In manufacturing of flatfish skin collagen peptide (FSCP) and flatfish protein hydrolysate (FPH) by reuse of dead flatfish from fish farm in Jeju island, the industrial process was optimized with the laboratory scale research and the on-field process. Segmented unit processes from raw material incoming to shipment were established to produce commercial product of FSCP and FPH. Total plate counts of FSCP were twenty five times of FPH, but food poisoning bacteria were not detected in two samples. FSCP and FPH were safe from heavy metal such as Pb(II), Cd(II) and Hg(II). The residual contents of antibiotics and disinfection matter in FSCP and FPH were not detected. The optimized process for mass production made the one-third of the running time and two times of the yield. From economic analysis, the production cost was estimated to 22,000 and 12,000 won/kg for FSCP and FPH, respectively. Therefore the product from the reuse of dead flatfish was expected to have a considerable competitive price and high added-value functional food material compared with other commercially available fish products.
- Eh, Y. Y., 2011, An environmental effect on productivity of flounder culture farms, J. Fisheries Business Admin., 42(3), 79-93.
- Kang, K. H., Jeong, K. S., 2012, Extraction characteristics, antioxidative effect and preparation of collagen gel of skate skin extracts, J. Korea Academia-Industrial Cooper. Soc, 13(7), 5637-5645. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5637
- Kang, K. H., Lee, M. G., Kam, S. K., Jeong, K. S., 2013, A study on development of protein materials using dead flatfish from fish farms(1)-Antioxidant functional properties-, J. Environ. Sci., submitted.
- KFIA(Korea Food Industry Association), Korean Food Standards Codex, 2004, Munyoungsa. 469-507.
- Kim, J. O., Kang, S. K., 2011, Economic impact effect analysis of flounder aquaculture industry in Jeju, J. Fisheries Business Admin., 42(1), 85-96.
- KOSAT(Statistics Korea), 2011, Pulse-taking for fishery production in 2011, http://meta.kosis.kr/bzmt/main. jsp?surv_id=1000006&curYear=2011.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, 2006, Development of fermented fish meal as source replacement using dead fish and citrus by-product, 9-11.
- Processing and Quality Properties of Olive Flounder Paralichthys olivaceus Balls Product vol.48, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5657/KFAS.2015.0411