- Volume 22 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluating future deforestation to assess REDD implementation suitability study on Kon Tum province in Vietnam
베트남 Kon Tum 지역에서의 산림훼손지역 예측을 통한 REDD 적지 분석
- Tanaka, Riwako (Graduate School, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Dongkun (Department of Landscape Architecture and Rural System Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Jung, Taeyong (KDI School of Public Policy and Management) ;
- Ryu, Jieun (Graduate School, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2013.09.05
- Accepted : 2013.11.21
- Published : 2013.12.31
UNFCCC(United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) agreed with Reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation(REDD). It is necessary to develop the method of REDD suitability assessment in national scale. Existing researches suggested projection methods of deforestation area by many deforestation factors, but the causes of deforestation were different by regions. Therefore, in this study, REDD suitability in Kon Tum province in Vietnam was analyzed by several significant deforestation factors. REDD suitability value was computed using the Fuzzy set. As a result, all deforestation factors related to deforestation area and the REDD suitability value was the highest in Sa Thay district, Dak Glei district, Kon Plong district and Dak Ha district. These provinces have high biodiversity, on the other hand deforestation problem has been occurred.
Supported by : 환경부
- 배재수, 배기강, 2009, 개도국의 산림전용으로 인한 온실가스 배출량 감축 및 산림탄소축적증진 활동의 탄소 배출권 잠재력 평가, 한국임학학회지, 98(3), 263-271.
- 이동근, 김재욱, 박찬, 2010, 토지피복 변화를 반영한 미래의 산림식생 분포 예측에 관한 연구, 환경영향평가학회지, 19(2), 117-125.
- 이창효, 2000, 세종출판사, 집단의사결정론, 312.
- 한국농촌경제연구원, 2010, 기후변화협약 REDD+ 메커니즘의 이해와 향후 협상전망, 43-50.
- 이병두, 정주상, 권대순, 2006, 퍼지집합과 GIS를 이용한 고로쇠나무 임분의 수액채취 적지 분석, 한국임학회지, 95(1), 38-44.
- Adriaenssens, V., Baets, B. D., Goethals, P. L.M., Pauw, N. D., 2004, Fuzzy rulebased models for decision support in ecosystem management, The Science of the Total Environment, 319, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(03)00433-9
- Yanai, A. M., Fearnside, P. M., Lima, P. M., Nogueira, E. M., 2012, Avoided deforestation in Brazilian Amazonia: Simulating the effect of the Juma Sustainable Development Reserve, Forest Ecology and Management 282, 78-91. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2012.06.029
- Cerbua, G. A., Swallow, B. M., Thompson, D. Y., 2011, Locating REDD: a global survey and analysis of REDD readiness and demonstration activities, Environmental Science and Policy, 14 (2), 168-180. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envsci.2010.09.007
- CIA, https://www.cia.gov/index.html.
- CIFOR, 2010, Technical guidelines for research on REDD+ project sites, 17-29.
- CIFOR, 2012a, Analysing REDD+: Challenges and choices, 209-230.
- CIFOR, 2012b, REDD+ in Vietnam: Integrating National and Subnational Approaches, 29-30.
- D'haeze, D., Deckers, J., Raes, D., Phong, T.A., Loi, H.V., 2005, Environmental and socio-economic impacts of institutional reforms on the agricultural sector of Vietnam Land suitability assessment for Robusta coffee in the Dak Gan region, Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment, 105 (1-2), 59-76. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.agee.2004.05.009
- Dang, T. K. P., Turnhout, E., Arts, B., 2012, Changing forestry discourses in Vietnam in the past 20 years, Forest Policy and Economics, 25, 31-41. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.forpol.2012.07.011
- Digital Chart of the World, http://www.diva-gis.org.
- Dixon R. K, Solomon A. M, Brown S, Houghton R. A, Trexier M. C, Wisniewski. J, 1994, Carbon Pools and Flux of Global Forest Ecosystems, Science 263, 185-190. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.263.5144.185
- FAO GeoNetwork, http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/main.search.
- Forest Carbon Partnership Facility, 2011, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, 8.
- Fuller, D.O., Meijaard, E.M., Christy, L., Jessup, T.C., 2010, Spatial assessment of threats to biodiversity within East Kalimantan, Indonesia.Applied Geography 30, 416-425. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apgeog.2009.11.004
- General Statistic office of Vietnam, http://www.gso.gov.vn/default_en.aspx?tabid=491.
- Globcover, http://due.esrin.esa.int/globcover.
- Hieu, P. S., 2004, The changing administration and role of forestry in the economy of Vietnam. Small-scale Forest Economics, Management and Policy, 3(1), 85-98.
- IFM, http://www.imf.org/external/data.htm.
- JICA, http://www.jica.go.jp/index.html.
- KOICA, 2011, 국가협혁전략 2011-2015: 베트남. 31-39.
- Mas, J.F., Puig, H., Palacio, J.L., Sosa-Lopez, A., 2004, Modelling deforestation using GIS and artificial neural networks. Environmental Modelling & Software 19, 461-471. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1364-8152(03)00161-0
- McElwee, P., 2004, You say illegal, I say legal : the relationship between 'illegal' logging and land tenure, poverty, and forest use rights in Vietnam. Journal of Sustainable Forestry, 19 (1-3), 97-135. https://doi.org/10.1300/J091v19n01_06
- Meyfroidt, P., Lambin, E. F., 2008, The causes of the reforestation in Vietnam, Land Use Policy, 25, 182-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landusepol.2007.06.001
- Meyfroidt, P., Vu, T. P., Viet Anh Hoang, Trajectories of deforestation, coffee expansion and displacement of shifting cultivation in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. Global Environmental Change, 23(5), 1187-1198. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2013.04.005
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, 2011, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, 9.
- Mon, M. Su., Mizoue, N., Htun, N. Z., Kajisa, T., Yoshida, S., 2012, Factors affecting deforestation and forest degradation in selectively logged production forest: A case study in Myanmar. Forest Ecology and Management 267, 190-198. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foreco.2011.11.036
- Pan, Y., Birdsey, R. A., Fang, J., Houghton, R., Kauppi, P. E., Kurz, W. A., Phillips, O. L., Shvidenko, A., Lewis, S. L., Canadell, J. G., Ciais, P., Jackson, R. B., Pacala, S. W., McGuire, A. D., Piao, S., Rautiainen, A., Sitch, S., Hayes, D., 2011, A Large and Persistent Carbon Sink in the World's Forests, Science 333, 988-993. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1201609
- Prime Minister of Vietnam, 1998. Decision No. 661/QDTTg on Objectives, Tasks, Policies and Organization for the Establishment of Five Million Hectares of New Forest.
- Sean Sloan, Johanne Pelletier, 2012, How accurately may we project tropical forestcover change? A validation of a forwardlooking baseline for REDD. Global Environmental Change 22, 440-453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gloenvcha.2012.02.001
- SRTM, http://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/srtm.
- The World Bank, 2007, IMPLEMENTATION COMPLETION AND RESULTS REPORT.
- UNFCCF, 2007, CONFERENCE OF THE PARTIES : Decision 2/CP.13, 8-10.
- VCS Association, 2008, Voluntary Carbon Standard,: Tool for AFOLU Methodological Issues.
- Adriaenssensa, V., Baets, B. D., Goethals, P. L.M., Pauw, N. D., 2004, Fuzzy rule-based models for decision support in ecosystem management, The Science of the Total Environment 319, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0048-9697(03)00433-9