- Volume 24 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Water Absorption Phenomena into the Photo-resist Dry Film for PCB Photo-lithography Process
PCB Photo-lithography 공정에 사용되는 Photo-resist인 Dry Film에 대한 물의 확산 침투 현상평가
- Lee, Choon Hee (ACI Inspection Group, Samsung Electro-Mechanics) ;
- Jeong, Giho (ACI Inspection Group, Samsung Electro-Mechanics) ;
- Shin, An Seob (ACI Inspection Group, Samsung Electro-Mechanics)
- Received : 2013.05.10
- Accepted : 2013.08.23
- Published : 2013.12.10
In this study, we have evaluated the water absorption phenomenon of photoresist dry film, which is commonly used to build circuits on PCB (Printed Circuit Board) by photolithography, by using ATR-FTIR (Attenuated Total Reflectance-Fourier Transform Infrared). We have firstly observed significant change in fracture mode of dry film with respect to temperature and humidity, which we assumed the material transition from ductile to brittle. Secondly, we have established the process of absorption test for determining the diffusion coefficients of water into the dry film both with gravimeter and ATR-FTIR. We have successfully calculated the diffusion coefficients for each environmental conditions from the results which we achieved by gravimeter and ATR-FTIR. Compared to the gravimeter which is a conventional method for absorption test, the ATR-FTIR method in this study has been found to be very easy to use and have the same accuracy as gravimeter. Moreover, we are expecting to use the ATR-FTIR as an appropriate method to study the absorption phenomena related to any kinds of solvent and polymer system.
- Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Information brief on the disposal of PCB and PCB contaminated materials, 5-10 (1976).
- J. H. Ahn and S. S. Lee, The basic of Photolithography, Physics and High Technology, January/February, 2-8 (2011).
- T. Nguyen, E. Byrd, and C. Lin, A spectroscopic technique for in situ measurement of water at the coating/metal interface, J. Adhes. Sci. Technol., 5, 697-709 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1163/156856191X00648
- A. B. Desai and G. L. Wilkes, Solvent-induced crystallization of polyethylene terephthalate, J. Polymer Sci. Sym., 46, 291-319 (1974).
- K. S. Kwan, The Role of Penetrant Structure in the Transport and Mechanical Properties of a Thermoset Adhesive, Ph.D. Dissertation at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and Stated university (1998).
- A. R. Berens, Gravimetric and volumetric study of the sorption of gases and vapors in poly(vinyl chloride) powders, Poly. Eng. Sci., 20, 95-101 (1980). https://doi.org/10.1002/pen.760200116
- P. J. Makarewicz, G. L. Wilkes, and Y. Budnitsky, Mechanical property studies of poly(ethylene terephthalate) crystallized by nonreactive liquids, J. Polymer Sci. : Polymer Physics Edition, 16, 1545-1557 (1978). https://doi.org/10.1002/pol.1978.180160903
- T. Nguyern, D. Bentz, and E. Byrd, A Study of Water at the Organic Coating/Substrate Interface, J. Coatings Technol., 66, 39-50 (1994).
- M. H. Shirangi, X. J. Fan, and B. Michel, Mechanism of moisture diffusion, hygroscopic swelling and adhesion degradation in epoxy molding compounds, Proceedings of the 41st International Symposium on Microelectronics (IMAPS), Providence, USA, 1082-1089 (2008).
- C. H. Shen and G. S. Springer, Moisture absorption and desorption of composite materials, J. Compos. Mater., 10, 2-20 (1976). https://doi.org/10.1177/002199837601000101
- Makoto Ide et al., Structure of Water Sorbed into Poly(MEA-co- HEMA) Films as Examined by ATR-IR Spectroscopy, Langmuir, 19, 429-435 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1021/la020617p
- K. S. Kwan, The Role of Penetrant Structure in the Transport and Mechanical Properties of a Thermoset Adhesive (1998).