- Volume 26 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study for the Impact Characteristics of Expanded EPP/EPS Foams
발포 EPP/EPS의 충격특성에 관한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2013.06.27
- Accepted : 2013.12.22
- Published : 2013.12.31
In the present study, quasi-static tests and impact tests were performed for investigating the mechanical behaviour of EPP (Expanded polypropylene) and EPS (Expanded polystyrene). Four different density cylindrical type specimens were prepared for EPP and EPS and 0.001
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Cha, K.C., Song, J.S., Lee, S.M., and Mun, M.S., "Effects of Chain Extender and Inorganic Filler on the Properties of Semirigid Polyurethane Foams," Journal of the Korean Polymer, Vol. 34, No. 1, 2010, pp. 8-13.
- Szycher, M., Szycher's Handbook of Polyurethanes Boca Raton: CRC Press, 1999.
- Kim. M.H., Cho, S.S., and Ha, S.K., "Design and Structural Analysis of Aluminum Bumper for Automobiles," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 7, No. 3, 1999, pp. 217-227.
- Lee, S.J., Park, J.S., Koo, D.H., and Jung, B.H., "The Development of Material Technology Applied to Bumper Beam," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2002, pp. 206-215.
- Choi, C.H., "Expanded Polypropylene and Packaging Materials," Journal of the Monthly Packaging World, No. 214, 1996, pp. 58-67.
- Kang, W.J., Cheon, S.S., Lee, I.H., Choi, S.U., Min, J.H., Lee, S.H., and Bea, B.K., "Investigation of the Strain Rate Effects of EPS Foam," The Journal of the Korean Society for Composite Materials, Vol. 23, No. 1, 2010, pp. 64-68. https://doi.org/10.7234/kscm.2010.23.3.064
- Choi, K.S., Kang, W.J., Kim, K.H., and Kim, S.K., "High Strain Rate Compression Behavior of EPP Bumper Foams," Transactions of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 17, No. 4, 2009, pp. 118-125.
- Kim, J.S., Huh, H., Lee, K.W., Ha, D.Y., Yeo, T.J., and Park, S.J., "Evaluation of Dynamic Tensile Characteristics of Polypropylene with Temperature Variation," International Journal of Automotive Technology, Vol. 7, No. 5, 2006, pp. 571-577.
- Bouuix, R., Voit, P., and Lataillade, J., "Polypropylene Foam Behaviour Under Dynamic Loading : Strain Rate, Density and Microstructure Effects," International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 36, Issue. 2, 2009, pp. 329-342. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2007.11.007
- Ouellet, S., Cornin D., and Worswick, M., "Compressive Response of Polymeric Foams Under Quasi-static Medium and High Strain Rate Conditions," Polymer Testing, Vol. 25, No. 6, 2006, pp. 731-743. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymertesting.2006.05.005
- Huh, H., Kang, W.J., and Han, S.S., "A Tension Split Hopkinsom Bar for Investigating the Dynamic Behavior of Sheet Metals," Experimental Mechanics, Vol. 42, No. 1, 2002, pp. 8-17. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02411046
- Huh, H., Kim, S.B., Song, J.H., and Lim, J.H., "Dynamic Tensile Characteristics of TRIP-type and DP-type Steel Sheets for and Auto-body," International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, Vol. 50, 2008, pp. 918-931. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2007.09.004
- Jeong, K.Y., Cheon, S.S., and Munshi, M.B., "A Constitutive Model for Polyurethane Foam with Strain Rate Sensitivity," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 26, No. 7, 2012, pp. 2033-2038. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0509-1
- Jeong, K.Y., Kim, B.J., and Cheon, S.S., "A Constitutive Equation for Expanded Polypropylene Foam under Dynamic Loading," Proceeding of The Korean Society for Composite Materials, Changwon, Korea, Nov. 2013, pp. 149-150.
- Paul, A., and Pamamurty, U., "Strain Rate Sensitivity of a Closed-cell Aluminium Foam," Materials Science and Engineering A, 2000, Vol. 281, pp. 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-5093(99)00750-9
- Lopatnikov, S.L., Gama, B.A., and Gillespie Jr J.W., "Modeling the Progressive Collapse Behaviour of Material Foam," International Journal of Impact Engineering, Vol. 134, 2007, pp.587-595.
- Jeon, H.S., Choi, Y.C., and Park, J.W., "Measuring Structural Vibration Using Curve Fitting from Vedio Signal," Journal of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 11, 2007, pp. 99-107.
- A Constitutive Equation Including Strain Rate Effect for the Expanded Polypropylene vol.27, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2014.27.4.130
- Application of the EPU Constitutive Equation to expanded Polypropylene under Dynamic Loading vol.27, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7234/composres.2014.27.4.135