- Volume 20 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Knowledge of Radiation Protection and the Recognition and Performance of Radiation Protection Behavior among Perioperative Nurses
수술실 간호사의 방사선 방어에 대한 지식과 방사선 방어행위에 대한 인식도 및 수행도
- Kang, Sung Gum (Graduate School, Department of Nursing, Dong-A University) ;
- Lee, Eun Nam (Department of Nursing, Dong-A University)
- Received : 2013.10.22
- Accepted : 2013.12.04
- Published : 2013.12.31
Purpose: The purpose of this descriptive study was to investigate the knowledge of radiation protection and the recognition and performance of radiation protection behaviors among perioperative nurses. This study was intended to yield basic data for the development of nursing interventions aimed at improving the nurses' radiation protection behaviors. Methods: One hundred and thirty-seven nurses working in the operating room participated in a survey from September 1 to 30, 2011. The data was analyzed using t-test, ANOVA, and Pearson's correlation with the SPSS/WIN 19.0 program. Results: The average score of radiation protection knowledge was
- Bor, D., Sancak, T., Olgar, T., Elcim, Y., Adanali, A., Sanlidilek, U., et al. (2004). Comparison of effective doses obtained from dose-area product and air kerma measurements in interventional radiology. British Journal of Radiology, 77, 315-322. https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/29942833
- Bott, O. J., Wagner, M., Duwenkamp, C., Hellrung, N., & Dresing, K. (2009). Improving education on C-arm operation and radiation protection with a computer-based training and simulation system. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery, 4 (4), 399-407. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11548-009-0322-1
- Cho, H. C. (2004). Study on perception and behavior about radiation safety management and Measurement of radiation dose for workers who work in the angiography room. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Chon, M. E. (2007). A study on radiation exposure dose during interventional radiology procedure. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanseo University, Seosan.
- Han, E. O. (2002). Survey and study on the safety management of radiation: Centering on the radiation workers in medical institutions. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Han, E. O. (2007). Relationship between knowledge, attitude, behavior, and self-efficacy on the radiation safety management of radiation workers in medical institutions. Journal of Radiation Protection, 32 (2), 89-96.
- Han, E. O. (2009). A protective behavior model against the harmful effects of radiation for radiological technologists in medical centers. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Han, E. O., Kwon, D. M., Dong, K. R., & Han, S. M. (2010). A model for protective behavior against the harmful effects of radiation based on medical institution classifications. Journal of Radiation Protection, 35 (4), 157-162.
- Kang, J. S. (2009). Knowledge, attitude, and behavior of the users as to the harm of the radioactive in the university. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Kim, H. S. (2001). Study on the knowledge, perception, and behavior about the protection of workers who have risk of radiation- exposure in hospital. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Association of peri-Operative Registered Nurses. (2007). Recommended practices for reducing radiological exposure in the perioperative practice setting. Association of peri-Operative Registered Nurses Journal, 85 (5), 989-990, 992-1002.
- Bartal, G., Vano, E., Paulo, G., & Miller, D. L. (2013). Management of patient and staff radiation dose in interventional radiology: Current concepts. Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, 16. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00270-013-0685-0 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00270-013-0685-0
- Kim, J. H. (2001). A study on recognition of nurses about radiation exposure. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, Busan.
- Kim, N. S. (2000). The survey of radiologic technologists sense engaged in department of diagnostic radiology about radiation protection. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungsan National University, Kyoungbuk.
- Kim, S. J. (2003). An inquiry into dental personnel's knowledge, attitude and behavior about the defense against dental radiation. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul.
- Kim, S. Z. (1992). Awareness and behavior of radiological technologist in hospital on radiation safety management. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Lee, H. H. (1992). Management on radiation expose of radiological technologist working in medical facilities. Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Lee, S. K. (2007). Study on the diagnostic radiation safety management and actual job environment. Unpublished master's thesis, Konyang University, Nonsan.
- Mesbahi, A., & Rouhani, A. (2008). A study on the radiation dose of the orthopaedic surgeon and staff from a mini C-arm fluoroscopy unit. Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 132 (1), 98-101. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncn227 https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncn227
- Michael, F., Herbert, M., Alois, S., & Klaus, M. S. (1999). Protection against radiation exposure in the operating room. Operative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, 7 (4), 306-311.
- Persliden, J. (2005). Patient and staff doses in interventional X-ray procedures in Sweden. Radiation Protection Dosimetry, 114 (3), 150-157. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nch539 https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nch539
- Wagner, M., Duwenkamp, C., Ludwig, W., Dresing, K., & Bott, O. J. (2010). An approach to simulate and visualize intraoperative scattered radiation exposure to improve radiation protection training. Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, 160, 625-628.
- Yi, C. J., Ha, S. W., & Jung, H. W. (1997). Chromosome aberration in peripheral lymphocyte of radiation workers in hospital. Journal of Radiation Protection, 22 (4), 227-235.
- Knowledge, Awareness and Health Risk Concerns on Occupational Exposure to Radiation among Firefighters in Korea vol.25, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.15269/JKSOEH.2015.25.4.516
- Knowledge, Attitude, and Education Needs of Radiation Protection Among Nursing Students and Nurses vol.16, pp.10, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.10.563
- Relating factors to wearing personal radiation protectors among healthcare professionals vol.28, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1186/s40557-016-0144-x
- Factors Affecting Radiation Protection Behaviors among Operating Room Nurses vol.28, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.6.680
- Radiation safety education and compliance with safety procedures-The Korea Nurses’ Health Study vol.27, pp.13-14, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1111/jocn.14338