- Volume 9 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Feasibility Study of Low-Cost Hybrid Fuel-Cell System for Ship Auxiliary Power
선박 보조전원을 위한 저가형 하이브리드 연료전지 시스템 적용 타당성 연구
- Yang, Geun Ryoung (Korea Special Battery CO., LTD./Advanced Technology Team) ;
- An, Sang Yong ;
- Choo, Jin Hoon
- Received : 2013.07.17
- Accepted : 2013.12.24
- Published : 2013.12.25
This paper proposes the hybrid fuel cell system that can solve disadvantages of existing fuel cell system and ensure high reliability and high stability. The system consists of PEM fuel cell, Ni-MH battery and power management system. In this system, when the power provided from the fuel cell is higher than the load power, the extra energy may be used to charge the Ni-MH battery. When the fuel cell can not provide enough energy to the load, the shortage of energy will be supplied by the Ni-MH battery. Experimental results show that the output voltage is regulated well during load variations. Also, high system efficiency is achieved.
- Jong-kwan Lim et al., 2010, "Today and Tomorrow of Green Shipping and Its Correspondence Strategies", Korea Maritime Institute, pp. 36-42.
- Kook-young An, 2011, "Clean power technology and Environment-Friendly fuel cell ship industry", Marine and Shipbuilding Magazine, vol. 3, Interview 2.
- Jong-won Kim et al., 2011, "The hydrogen energy technology development and infra trend for Launching into the Hydrogen Economy society", Korea Institute of Energy Research, pp. 40-42.
- Nasiri et al., 2004, "Active control of a hybrid fuel cell-battery system", Power Electronics and Motion Control Conference, pp. 491-496.
- Zhenyuan Zhang, Wei-jen Lee, Meng Liu, 2011, "PEM fuel cell and battery hybrid power supply system design based on fuel flow rate control", Electric Utility Deregulation and Restructuring and Power Technologies (DRPT), pp. 284-291.
- Karunarathne, Economou, Knowles, 2009, "Intelligent power management (IPM) for transient recognition and control of PEM fuel cell / battery hybrid system", Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, pp. 992-997.
- Yun She, Xu She, 2010, "Initial result on management problem of battery storage system in PEM fuel cell based hybrid power sources", IECON 2010 - 36th Annual Conference on IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, pp. 1838-1843.
- Yan, et al., 2008, "Fuel cell and battery hybrid supplied power system", Electrical Machines and Systems, ICEMS 2008, International Conference on Publication, pp. 2676-2680.
- Helriocetris, 2011, "Instruction manual", Version 2.0.
- KS C 8544:2009, 2009, "Sealed nickel-metal hydride secondary cells".
- KS C IEC 62282-6-200:2009, 2009, "Micro fuel cell power systems-Performance test methods".
- Min-soo Kim et al., 2008, "Development of Practical Use Technology for Low cost and high power PEMFC system", Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning, Chapter 3, pp. 74.