- Volume 21 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Case Report on Nausea, Retching, Vomiting and Postprandial Fullness Treated with Soshiho-tang
소시호탕(小柴胡湯)을 투여한 오심, 구역, 구토 및 식후포만감 1례
- Received : 2013.07.22
- Accepted : 2013.08.30
- Published : 2013.12.30
Objectives : "The purpose of this study is to report the effectiveness of Soshiho-tang(小柴胡湯)" on the patient suffered from nausea, retching, vomiting and postprandial fullness. Methods : We diagnosed the symptoms and the signs of the patient as Soshiho-tang syndrome(小柴胡湯證) according to "Treatise on Cold Damage Disease(傷寒論)". We prescribed Soshiho-tang with acupuncture and moxibustion for about 2 weeks. Results : The subjective assessments of the nausea and postprandial fullness had improved. And the frequencies of the retching and vomiting had decreased. Conclusions : We suggest that Soshiho-tang has effectiveness on nausea, retching, vomiting and postprandial fullness in patient diagnosed as Soshiho-tang symptom.
- Departments of Digestive System in Korean Colleges of Oriental Medicine. Textbook of Digestive System. Seoul:Koonja. 2008:87, 114.
- Chung JB. Gastroenterology. Seoul:Koonja. 2009: 7-8, 23.
- Drossman DA. The functional gastrointestinal disorders and the Rome III precess. Gastroenterology 2006; 130(5):1377-90. https://doi.org/10.1053/j.gastro.2006.03.008
- Koo BM, Yang JC, Kim SK, Lee KY, Kim JY. A Clinical Study about the Effects of Soshiho-tang on a Case of Parkinson's Disease with Pontine Infarction. J Korean Oriental Med. 2007;28(2):34-43.
- Fauci, Braunwald, Kasper, Hauser, Longo, Jameson, Loscalzo. Harrison's Textbook of Medicine (17th). Seoul:MIP. 2010:288-92.
- Kim TY, Cho Y, Lee DH, Kim MA, Lew JH. A Case Report of the Patient with Chronic Erythematous Gastritis Accompanied by Severe Nausea and Intermittent Vomiting, Treated by Jugyupsukgo-tang (Zhuyeshigao-tang). J of Oriental Chr Dis. 2002; 8(1):79-83
- Jeong JS, Park JW, Yoon SW. A Case of Metastatic Brain Tumor Patient with Nausea and Vomiting Treated with Gamibokryungbanha-tang. Korean J Orient Med. 2007;28(4):956-62.
- Park JK, Jeong JC, Choi MS, Kim DI. Review of the Studies on Acustimulation for Gynecological Surgery induced Nausea and Vomiting. The Journal of Oriental Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2009;22(3):185-96.
- Choi EY, Chang GT, Kim JH. Acupuncture Clinical Trial Study for Prevention of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting in Children. J Korean Oriental Pediatrics. 2005;19(1):173-83.
- Kim YS, Kim CH, Kim KS. Effect of Auricular acupuncture on Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting. J Korean Oriental Med. 1996;17(2):331-6.
- Han SH, Kim YH, Seo HS, Hwang GD, Jung HC, Son JH, Lee SH. The Study on 5 cases of Patient with Vomiting and Nausea. Korean J Orient Int Med. 2003;24(4):1023-9.
- Kim DW, Cho BH, Hur JI, Park K, Kim DJ, Byun JS. Evaluation for Therapeutic Effectiveness of Bowhatang in Functional Dyspepsia. The Korean Journal of Oriental Medical Prescription. 2006;14 (2):97-108.
- Oh JH, Kim BS, Lim HY, Kim DW, Choi BH, Hur JI, Kim DJ, Cho CK, Byun JS. Three Cases Report of Functional Dyspepsia Patients Who were Administered by LJTG(Ljintang-Gamibang). Korean J Orient Int Med. 2005;26(3):641-51.
- Otsuka K. The Practice of Kampo Clinic According to Symptoms. Gangwon:Uibang publications. 1979: 375, 404.
- Yakazu D. The Guide to Kampo Prescriptions for Clinical Application. Seoul:Bokuen Newspaper. 1985: 287-95.
- Nakajima O, Sone M. The Effects of Shosaiko-to on Chronic Gastritis. Kampo Med. 1996;46(4): 539-45. https://doi.org/10.3937/kampomed.46.539
- Yoshimasu T. The Complete Works of Master Todo. Busan:Cormedi Publications. 2006:289.
- Inaba B. Ingenious Manual of Abdominal Signs (7th). Seoul:Gyechook Moonhwasa. 1999:20-6.
- Wakuda S. Supplement to the Ingenious Manual of Abdominal Signs. Gangwon:Uibang publications. 2002:178-85.
- Yumoto K. Kokan Medicine. vol.2 (2nd). Seoul: Gyechook Moonhwasa. 2008:52.
- Otsuka K. Medical Manual of Kampo Clinic (3rd). Seoul:Komoonsa. 1972:418.
- Yamada K, Kanba S, Ohnishi K, Den R, Fukuzawa M, Murata T, Terashi B, Asai M. Change of Discomfort of the Hypochondrium(Kyo-kyo-kuman) by Administration of Kampo Formula with Bupleuri Radix(Saiko-zai), and Biochemical and Psychiatric Relevance. Jpn J Orient Med. 2002;53(1-2):47-54.
- Two cases of Atopic Dermatitis with Gastrointestinal Disorders treated with Soshiho-tang vol.29, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6114/jkood.2016.29.3.208