- Volume 50 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Development of a Simplified Vulnerability Analysis Program for Naval Vessel
함정 간이 취약성 해석 프로그램 개발에 대한 연구
- Shin, Yun-Ho (Research Department of System Dynamics, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Kwon, Jeong-Il (Research Department of System Dynamics, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Chung, Jung-Hoon (Research Department of System Dynamics, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials)
- Received : 2013.02.08
- Accepted : 2013.10.07
- Published : 2013.12.20
Analysis and review of survivability is one of the most important aspects when naval vessels are designed. Because aiming points of threat towards the naval vessels in the battle field could not be estimated exactly, probabilistic and statistic approach is frequently introduced to evaluate and enhance the vessel survivability. Some commercial survivability analysis programs are used to perform the analysis for enhancement of susceptibility, vulnerability and recoverability but, they are usually classified and impossible to be exported to other countries because of their national security. In this paper, a simplified vulnerability analysis program is developed to evaluate the vulnerability of the warship in aspects of structure, redundancy and its mission capability at the conceptual design stage. To verify the developed program, the analysis results were compared with those of the commercial program MOTISS(Measure of Total Integrated System Survivability).
Grant : 극한 환경 시스템 하중해석 및 평가 기술 개발
Supported by : 산업기술연구회
- Chung, J.H. & Lee, S.G., 2001. Current Status on Shock Response Analysis Techniques of Naval Vessel via Underwater Explosion. Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 14(2), pp. 11-17.
- Chung, J.H. Lee, H.Y. Ryu J.M. Cho D.S. Park S.I. Im, G.H. & Park, J.G., 2006. Necessity of Survivability Design Technique on Korean Naval Vessel and its Developing Guidance. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 43(4), pp.41-49.
- Chung, J.H., 2007. Study on the Development of Survivability Design Requirements Considering Class and Design Stage of Naval Vessel. Naval Ship Technology Seminar, Society of Naval Architects of Korea Naval Ship Technology Committee, pp.213-226.
- Gates, P.J., 1987, Surface Warships, Brassey's Denfence Publishers.
- Kim, J.H., 2006. A Study on structural vulnerability countermeasure design and analysis techniques for survivability ehancement of naval ships. PhD. Pusan: Korea Maritime and Ocean University.
- Kim, K.S., 2011. A study on the procedure to assess the vulnerability of warship. Master degree thesis. Inchon: Inha university.
- Kong, Y.K. Lee, H.Y. Chung, J.H. & Choi, W.S., 2011. Study on the vulnerability analysis method of naval vessel at concept design stage. Proceedings of Annual Autumn Meeting Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Mokpo, 4 November 2011, pp.777-782.
- Kwon, J.I. Chung, J.H. & Kim, B.H., 2009. Study on the simplified vulnerability analysis and its application at concept design stage. Joint Conference of the Korean Association of Ocean Science and Technology Societies, May 2009.
- Sajdak, J.A.W., 2008. MOTISS Analysis Short Summary of the Auxiliary Oiler, Alion S&T: Washington D.C.
- Sajdak, J.A.W. & P.F. Morrisseau, 2007. MOTISS Beta 2.0 User Theory Manual, Alion S&T: Washington D.C.
- Sajdak, J.A.W. & P.F. Morrisseau, 2007. MOTISS Beta 2.0 Ship Analysis Tutorial, Alion S&T: Washington D.C.
- Shin, Y.H. & Chung, J.H., 2010. A study on the threat scenario selection method for ship survivability analysis. Proceedings of Annual Autumn Meeting Society of Naval Architects of Korea, Changwon, 22 October 2010, pp.1442-1447.
- Development of a Naval Vessel Compartment Arrangement Application using Differential Evolution Algorithm vol.19, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.410