- Volume 22 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Shape Recovery for Ni-Ti SMA Wire after Drawing
Ni-Ti 형상기억합금 선재의 인발 공정 후 형상회복 예측에 관한 연구
- Received : 2013.07.30
- Accepted : 2013.11.04
- Published : 2013.12.01
The aim of the current study was to predict shape recovery behavior of Ni-Ti shape memory alloy (SMA) wire after loading-unloading and after wire drawing. The superelasticity of SMA was analyzed by a hyper-elastic model for the Mullins effect using ABAQUS. Firstly, tensile tests and loading-unloading tests of the Ni-Ti SMA wire with a diameter 1.0 mm were performed using an MTS servo-hydraulic tester. The parameters for the Mullins effect were computed by ABAQUS based on curve-fitting of the loading-unloading test data. The proposed FE-model predicted the shape recovery of Ni-Ti SMA after wire drawing. Finally, the effectiveness of the model was verified by drawing experiments. The wire drawing experiments using the Ni-Ti SMA were conducted on a drawing machine(1ton, 50mm/s). In order to evaluate the shape recovery of Ni-Ti SMA, the drawn wires are annealed for 30min at
Shape Memory Alloy;Ni-Ti Alloy;Hyper-Elasticity;Mullins Effect;Wire Drawing
- K. S. Ho, 2010, A Phenomenological Constitutive Model for Pseudoelastic Shape Memory Alloy, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 19, No.8 pp. 468-473. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2010.19.8.468
- K. Yoshida, H. Furuya, 2004, Mandrel Drawing and Plug Drawing of Shape-memory-alloy Fine Tubes used in Catheters and Stents, J. Material. Process. Tech., Vol. 19, pp. 145-150.
- K. Yoshida, M. Watanabe, H. Ishikawa, 2001, Drawing of Ni-Ti Shape-memory-alloy Fine Tubes used in Medical Tests, J. Material. Process. Tech., Vol. 118, No. 1, pp. 251-255. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(01)00930-X
- S. H. Kim, M. H. Cho, 2007, Experimental Test and Numerical Simulation on the SMA Characteristics and Behaviors for Repeated Actuations, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 373-379. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.3.373
- A. R. Pelton, N. Rebelo, T. W. Duerig, A. Wick, 1994, The First International Conference on Shape Memory and Superelastic Technologies(editor: A. Pelton et al), Pacific Grove: MIAS, California, USA, pp. 353-358
- Y. J. Kim, J. H. Chung, J. J. Lee, 2008, Analysis on the Behavior of the Shape Memory Alloy using Abaqus UMAT, Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 32, No.12, pp. 1153-1160. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2008.32.12.1153
- S. K. Wu, H. C. Lin, W. C. Yen, 1996, A Study on the Wire Drawing of TiNi Shape Memory Alloys, Mater. Sci. Eng. A, Vol. 215, No. 1-2, pp.113-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/0921-5093(96)10369-5
- K. S. Ho, 2011, An Improved Constitutive Model of Shape Memory Alloy, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 350-356. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2011.20.5.350
- X. Wang, B. Xu, Z. Yue, 2007, Phase Transformation Behavior of Pseudoelastic NiTi Shape Memory Alloys under Large Strain, J. Alloy. Compd., Vol. 463, No. 1-2, pp. 417-422.
- R. E. Paige, W. V. Mars, 2004, ABAQUS Users' Conference, Cooper Tire & Rubber Company, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, pp. 1-15.
- J. Diani, B. Fayolle, P. Gilormini, 2009, A Review on the Mullins Effect, Eur. Polym. J., Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 601-612. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2008.11.017
Supported by : 부산대학교