- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Characteristics and Nursing Activities of Severe Trauma Patients Regarding the Main Damaged Body Parts
중증외상환자의 주 손상 부위별 특성과 간호활동
- Kim, Myung Hee (Pusan National University Hospital) ;
- Kim, Myung Hee (College of Nursing, Pusan National University) ;
- Park, Jung Ha (College of Nursing, Pusan National University)
- Received : 2013.09.05
- Accepted : 2013.11.17
- Published : 2013.11.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify the characteristics and nursing activities of severe trauma patients regarding damaged body parts in Busan Regional Emergency Medical Center. Methods: A survey using a 'trauma patient information questionnaire and a list of nurse activities' was conducted with 133 patients over 15 points ISS on EMR from June 1, 2011 to May 31, 2012. The collected data were analyzed by the SPSS/WIN 12.0 program. Results: Almost all of the subjects were men, and the mean age was 48.8. The amount of road traffic accidents was 60.4%, and the mean RTS and ISS were 6.08, and 23.14 points. Nursing activities in common were airway management, assessment of LOC & GCS, and EKG monitoring. Most of head and neck trauma patients were cared for manasing using intracranial pressure: each patience had the following assessed: pupil size and light reflex, they were checked the leak of CSF, kept
- Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine. (1990). The abbreviated injury scale. Des Plaines, IL: AAAM.
- Central Emergency Medical Center. (2009). Statistical yearbook of emergency. Retrieved May 21, 2012, from http://www.nemc.or.kr/
- Chun, S. J. (2008). An analysis of stay hours and the related factors in the patients at a regional emergency medical center. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Cowley, R. A. (1976). The resuscitation and stabilization of major multiple trauma patients in a trauma center environment, The Journal of laboratory and clinical medicine, 83, 16-22.
- Esposito, T. J., Sanddal, T. L., Reynolds, S. A., & Sanddal, N. D. (2003). Effect of a voluntary trauma system on preventable death and inappropriate care in a rural state. The Journal of Trauma, Injury, Infection, and Critical Care, 54(4), 663-670. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.TA.0000058124.78958.6B
- Gautam, V., & Heyworth, J. (1994). The value of the abbreviated ATLS course for accident and emergency nurses. Accident and Emergency Nursing, 2(2), 100-102. https://doi.org/10.1016/0965-2302(94)90069-8
- Han, K. N., Choi, S. H., Kim, Y. C., Lee, K. H., Lee, S. E., Jeong, K. Y., et al. (2011). Evaluation of lung injury score as a prognostic factor of critical care management in multiple trauma patients with chest injury. Journal of the Korean Association of Tranumatology, 24(2), 105-110.
- Joo, S. Y. (2010). Professional meetings for preventable trauma mortality in trauma response system, A press release. Retrieved June 10, 2012, from http://blog.naver.com/joo350?Redirect=Log&logNo=128865110
- Jung, K. W., Jang, J. M., Kim, J. Y., Baek, S. J., Somg, S. Y., Gang, C. S., et al. (2011). Delayed transfer of major trauma patients under the current emergency medical system in Korea. Journal of the Korean Association of Tranumatology, 24(1), 25-30.
- Kim, H. D., & Kim, G. K. (1995). Special edition: Emergency care in patients with head injury. Kyung Hee Medicine, 11(1), 7-13.
- Kim, H. J. (2005). Analysis of nursing performance of emergency nurses in a general hospital. Unpublished master's thesis, Chung-Ang university, Seoul.
- Kim, J. J., Suh, G. J., Jeong, K. Y., Kwon, W. Y., Kim, K. S., Lee, H. J., et al. (2011). Management of severe trauma patients in the emergency intensive care unit. Journal of the Korean Association of Tranumatology, 24(2), 98-104.
- Kim, K. S., Kim, Y. S., Choi, K. O., Hyeon, K. S., Yun, Y. S., Kim, S. Y., et al. (2012). Medical surgical nursing, Seoul: Soomoonsa.
- Kim, T. Y., Jung, K. W., Kwon, J. S., Kim, J. Y., Bak, S. J., Song, S. Y., et al. (2011). Experience with the treatment of patients with major trauma at the department of trauma surgery in one regional emergency medical center for one year. Journal of the Korean Association of Tranumatology, 24(1), 37-44.
- Kim, W. J. (2011). Severe trauma medical system overall improvement. Gigital BOSA, Medical news, Retrieved January 19, 2012, from http://www.bosa.co.kr/umap/sub.asp?news_pk=169618
- Kim, Y. S., Cho, M. S., Bae, G. S., Kang, S. J., Lee, K. H., Whang, K., et al. (2007). Clinical analysis of death in trauma patients. Journal of the Korean Association of Tranumatology, 20(2), 96-100.
- Korean Nurses Association. (2012). Advanced course for severe trauma patients. Retrieved June 11, 2012, from http://edu.koreanurse.or.kr/offline_new/01_off_ view.asp?prgmNo=19215&prgmExecuteNo=14171
- Korean Nurses Association. (2013). Trauma nursing core course (provider course). Retrieved May 5, 2012, from http://edu.koreanurse.or.kr/
- Kunihiro, M. (2005). Trauma system in Japan: History, present status and future perspectives. Journal of Nippon Medical School, 72, 194-202. http://dx.doi.org/10.1272/jnms.72.194 https://doi.org/10.1272/jnms.72.194
- Lee, E. N., Kim, B. J., Kang, K. H., Kim, S. S., & Kim, Y. S. (2008). Development of an in-service education program for emergency room nurses according to their career ladders, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 14(1), 99-111.
- Lee, W. C. (2011). Current state and problem of the transfer of severely injured patients in one regional emergency medical center. Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou University, Seoul.
- Mackenzie, E. J. (1999). Review of evidence regarding trauma system effectiveness resulting from panel studies. The Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery, 47(3), 34-41. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005373-199909001-00008
- McCloskey, J. C., & Bulechek, G. M. (2000). Nursing interventions classification (NIC) Iowa Intervention Project. Mosby.
- Nerida, B., & Zsolt, J. B. (2009). The definition of polytrauma: the need for international consensus, Injury, 40S4, S12-S22. http://dx.doi.org.eproxy.pusan.ac.kr/10.1016/j.injury.2009.10.032
- Nguyen, H. B., Rivers, E. P., & Havastad, S. (2000). Critical care in the emergency department: A physiologic assessment and outcome evaluation. Academic Emergency Medicine, 7(12), 54-1361. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1553-2712. 2000. tb00492.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1553-2712.2000.tb01892.x
- Stewart, T. C., Lane, P. L., & Stefanits, T. (1995). An evaluation of patient outcomes before and after trauma center designation using trauma and injury severity score analysis. The Journal of The Trauma: Injury, Infection, and Critical Care, 39(6), 1036-1040.
- Tang, Q., Liu, X., & Le, S. (2008). Application of chain-mode flow sheet management in first-aid of patients with severe trauma. Chinese Nursing Research, 22(8), 2036-2037.
- The Korean Society of Emergency Medicine. (2011). Emergency medicine. Seoul: Koonja.
- Woodrow, P. (2000). Head injuries: Acute care. Nursing Standard, 14(35), 37-44.
- Yoo, J. J. (1979). Statistical review ans nursing care of patients with traumatic abdominal injury. Jeonbug National University, Collected papers, 301-324.
- Perception of the Patient Safety Risk Factors and Safety Management by Nurses in Emergency Service, Hospitals* vol.21, pp.4, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2014.21.4.380
- Emergency Treatment and Nursing Activities of Severe Trauma Patients according to Elapsed Time and Vital Signs vol.16, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2014.16.3.182