- Volume 15 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The Relationship among Sun-Screening Agent Use, Bone Health Promotion Behavior and Bone Mineral Density of Female College Students
여대생의 자외선 차단제 사용과 골 건강증진행위 및 골밀도와의 관계
Hyun, Hye Jin;Kim, Joo Hyun;Ko, Ga Yeon;Park, Bock Soon;Choi, Eun Young;Ahn, Mi Hyang
- Received : 2013.08.30
- Accepted : 2013.11.20
- Published : 2013.11.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study is to investigate relationships among sun-screening agents use, bone health promotion behavior, and bone mineral density. Methods: The participants of this study were 105 female college students. The data were collected using a questionnaire about sun-screening agent use and bone health promotion behavior. Bone mineral density was measured with Ultrasound Bone Densitometer/Osteo Pro Series. Data were analyzed with the SPSS/Win 18.0 program. Results: The mean Z-score in female college students was
Sun screening agent;Health behavior;Bone density;Female;students
- Kim, M. H., & Kim, J. S. (2003). The relationship between body composition and bone mineral density in college women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 33(3), 312-320. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.3.312
- Kim, M. S. (2006). The theory and practice of esthetics (3rd ed.). Seoul: Hyunmoonsa.
- Kim, S. C., & Kwon. D. M. (2005). The relation between a practical life and a bone mineral density for college student's, Journal of Radiological Science and Technology, 28(3), 235-239.
- Kim, S. W. (2010). New insight into the vitamin D. Journal of Meteorological Technology and Policy, 3(4), 88-92.
- Korea Food & Drug Administration. (2007). How do I use sunscreen cosmetics. Seoul: Korea Food & Drug Administration.
- Korean Society for Bone and Mineral Research. (2008). Physician's guide for diagnosis & treatment of osteoporosis, The Korean Society of Bone Metabolism, 1-25.
- Kwak, E. Y. (2011). A study on the understanding of ultraviolet-rays and the use of sunscreen by female adults. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Lee, E. N. (2009). The influencing factors of the bone health promoting behavioral change after the bone mineral density test in college women. Journal of Muscle Joint Health, 16(2), 105-115.
- Ministry of Health & Welfare, Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention. (2010). Korea health statistics 2009: Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (KNHANES IV-3). Retrieved April 05, 2012, from http://knhanes.cdc.go.kr/knhanes/index.do
- Min, H. J., & Oh, H. Y. (2011). A study on osteoporosis knowledge, health beliefs and health behaviors among female college students. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 22(2), 111-120. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2011.22.2.111
- National Osteoporosis Foundation. (2013). NOF's newly revised 2013 clinician's guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. Washington, DC. Retrieved, 2013, from http://nof.org/hcp/clinicians-guid
- Oh, E. G., Ko, I. S., Chu, S. H., Lee, J. E., & Yoo, J. Y. (2012). Female college student' knowledge, self-efficacy and health behaviors related to bone health. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 18(1), 38-42. http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012. 18.1.38 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.1.38
- Patel, R., Collins, D., Bullock, S., Swaminathan, R., Blake, G. M., & Fogelman, E. (2001). The effect of season and vitamin D supplementation on bone mineral density in healthy women: A double-masked crossover study. Osteoporosis International, 12(3), 319-325. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001980170122
- Shearer, M. J. (1997). The roles of vitamin D and K in bone health and osteoporosis prevention. Proceedings of the Nutrition Society, 7(56), 915-937.
- Tangpricha, V., Turner, A., Spina, C., Decastro, S., Chen, T. C., & Holick, M. F. (2004). Tanning is associated with optimal vitamin D status(serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D concentration) and higher bone mineral density. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 80, 1645-9. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/80.6.1645
- Byun, Y. S. (1999). The effect of physical activity on BMD in korean women. Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 1(1), 56-70.
- Cho, D. S., & Lee, J. Y. (2008). Bone mineral density and factors affecting in female college students. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 14(4), 297-305. http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2008.14.4.297 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2008.14.4.297
- Chon, M. Y., Jeon, H. W., & Kim, M. H. (2012). Bone mineral density and factors influencing bone mineral density in college women, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 18(3), 190-199. http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.3.190 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2012.18.3.190
- Chung, C. W., & Lee, S. J. (2013). Effects of body weight control behaviors on bone mineral density in korean young adult women, Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 19(1), 57-65. http://dx.doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.1.57 https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.1.57
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service. (2012). News release, Retrieved January 24, 2013, from hira.or.kr/dummy.do?pgmid=HIRAA020003010000&cmsurl=/cms/notice/06/1315456_14151.html
- International Society for Clinical Densitometry. (2013). 2013 ISCD Official positions Adult., Retrieved, 2013, from http://www.iscd.org/official-positions/
- Jung, H. A. (2006). Study on harmfulness recognition degree of ultraviolet ray and behavioral use in sunblock. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Kang, H. Y. (2009). Relationship among life style, body composition, and bone mineral density (BMD) in female college students. Journal of Korean Academy of Fun-damentals of Nursing, 16(3), 325-332.
- Kim, D. Y. (2004). Clinical application of bone mineral density measurement. Nuclear medicine and molecular lmaging, 38(4), 275-281.
- Kim, A. R., Lee, S. E., Lee, Y. M., Baek, S. H., Chung, H. I., An, J. H., et al. (2010). Development of regression equation and correlation between BMD and body composition in female university students, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 39, 667-672.
- Kim, J. H., Choi-Kwon, S., Bark, Y. H., Park, K. A., Suh, M. H., & Lee, S. O. (2010). The effect of the dietary approaches to stop hypertension (DASH) diet education program on bone mineral density in the middle-aged women: A pilot study. Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 12(3), 195-205.
- Yoon, E. J. (2001). The model explaining variance in health promoting behavior and quality of life in women with osteoporosis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- The relationship between Physical Growth and Major Sources of Serum Vitamin D among Hospitalized Children of Changwon City vol.20, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2015.20.3.197
- Daily Smoking Girls' Tobacco Use, Health Behaviors and Family Factors : Analysis of 2015 Korean Youth Risk Behavior Web-based Survey vol.14, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.377
- Study on the osteoporosis knowledge, concern about osteoporosis factors, and health behavior to prevent osteoporosis of women in Jeonbuk area vol.51, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4163/jnh.2018.51.6.526
Supported by : 강원대학교 건강돌봄 연구소