- Volume 61 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Grid-tied Power Conditioning System for Battery Energy Storage Composed of 2-stage DC-DC converter
2단 DC-DC 컨버터로 구성된 배터리 에너지저장용 계통연계형 전력변환장치
- Received : 2012.07.18
- Accepted : 2012.11.13
- Published : 2012.12.01
This paper proposes a new grid-tied power conditioning system for battery energy storage, which is composed of a 2-stage DC-DC converter and a PWM inverter. The 2-stage DC-DC converter is composed of an LLC resonant converter connected in cascade with a 2-quadrant hybrid-switching chopper. The LLC resonant converter operates in constant duty ratio, while the 2-quadrant hybrid-switching chopper operates in variable duty ratio for voltage regulation. The operation of proposed system was verified through theoretical analysis and computer simulations. Based on computer simulations, a hardware prototype was built and tested to confirm the technical feasibility of proposed system. The proposed system could have relatively higher efficiency and smaller size than the existing system.
2-stage DC-DC converter;LLC resonant converter;2-quadrant hybrid-switching chopper;Power conditioning system;Battery energy storage;PLL(Phase-Locked Loop)
- Hanju Cha, Jungwan Choi, and Prasad N. Enjeti, "A Three-Phase Current-Fed DC/DC converter With Active Clamp for Low-DC Remewavle Energy Sources," IEEE Trans. On Power Electronics, Vol.23, No.6, November 2008.
- S. K. Han, H. K. Yoon, G. W. Moon, and M. J. Youn, "A new active clamping zero-voltage switching PWM current-fed half-bridge converter," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 1271 -1279, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.857525
- A. Averberg, K. R. Meyer, and A. Mertens, "Current -fed full bridge converter for fuel cell systems," in Proc. Power Electron. Spec. Conf., 2008, pp. 866-872.
- J. A. Sabate, V. Vlakovic, R. B. Ridley, F. C. Lee, and B. H. Cho, "Design considerations for high-voltage high-power full-bridge zero-voltageswitched PWM converter," in Proc. APEC, 1990, pp. 275-284.
- A. K. Rathore, A. K. S. Bhat, and R. Oruganti, "A comparison of soft-switched DC-DC converters for fuel cell to utility interface application," in Proc. PCC, pp. 588-594, 2007.
- Z. Chen, J. M. Guerrero, and F. Blaabjerg, "A review of the stage of the art of power electronics for wind turbines," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1859-1875, Aug. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2017082
- H. Krishnaswami and N. Mohan, "Three-port series 787877-resonant DC-DC converter to interface renewable energy sources with bidirectional load and energy storage ports," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 2289-2297, Oct. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2022756
- I. Trintis, S. Munk-Nielsen and R. Teodorescu , "Single Stage Grid Converters For Battery Energy Storage," Machines and Drives. Power Electronics., pp. 1-6, April. 2010.
- Nadia Mei Lin Tan, Takahiro Abe and Hirofumi Akagi, "Design and Performance of a Bidirectional Isolated DC-DC Converter for a Battery Energy Storage System," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 1237-1248, March. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2108317
- Hao Qian, Jianhui Zhang, Jih-Sheng Lai and Wensong Yu, "A High-Efficiency Grid-Tie Battery Energy Storage System", IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 886-896, March. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2010.2096562