- Volume 1 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Extracting Core Events Based on Timeline and Retweet Analysis in Twitter Corpus
트위터 문서에서 시간 및 리트윗 분석을 통한 핵심 사건 추출
- 이경순 (전북대학교 컴퓨터공학부/영상정보신기술연구센터)
- Received : 2012.01.18
- Accepted : 2012.06.03
- Published : 2012.10.30
Many internet users attempt to focus on the issues which have posted on social network services in a very short time. When some social big issue or event occurred, it will affect the number of comments and retweet on that day in twitter. In this paper, we propose the method of extracting core events based on timeline analysis, sentiment feature and retweet information in twitter data. To validate our method, we have compared the methods using only the frequency of words, word frequency with sentiment analysis, using only chi-square method and using sentiment analysis with chi-square method. For justification of the proposed approach, we have evaluated accuracy of correct answers in top 10 results. The proposed method achieved 94.9% performance. The experimental results show that the proposed method is effective for extracting core events in twitter corpus.
- Naver Knowledge Dictionary, "Twitter", http://terms.naver.com/
- Duhwan Lee reporter, "Revolution of 140 characters is shaking the Korea, 'the power to change the world, Twitter" http://crepasnews.com
- A.-M. Popescu and M. Pennacchiotti, "Detecting Controversial Events from Twitter", In Proceedings of CIKM, 2010.
- H.Sayyadi, M. Hurst, and A. Maykov. "Event Detection and Tracking in Social Streams", In Proceedings of ICWSM, 2009.
- E.Benson, A.Haghighi, and R.Barzilay, "Event Discovery in Social Media Feeds" In Proceedings of ACL, 2011
- A.Pak, P. Paroubek, "Twitter as a Corpus for Sentiment Analysis and Opinion Mining." In Proceedings of LREC, 2010.
- A.-M. Popescu, M.Pennacchiotti, Deepa Arun Paranjpe. "Extracting events and event descriptions from Twitter", In Proceedings of WWW, 2011.
- Q.Zhao, P.Mitra, and B.Chen, "Temporal and information flow based event detection from social text streams", In Proceedings of WWW, 2007.
- J.Lanagan and Alan F. Smeaton, "Using Twitter to Detect and Tag Important Events in Live Sports", In Proceedings of AAAI , 2011.
- Z.Yang, J.Guo, K.Cai, J.Tang, J.Li, L.Zhang, and Z. Su, "Understanding retweeting behaviors in social networks" In Proceedings of CIKM, 2010.
- D.Boyd, S.Golder and G.Lotan. "Tweet, Tweet, Retweet: Conversational Aspects of Retweeting on Twitter", In Proceedings of HICSS-43 IEEE, 2010.
- T. Wilson, J. Wiebe, and P. Hoffmann. "Recognizing contextual polarity in phrase-level sentiment analysis", In Proceedings of HLT/EMNLP , 2005.
- J. H. Park, B. H. Kim, M. J. Lee and Y. K. Kwon, "TwitNet : Cytoscape Plugin for Visualizing Relation betweens Twitter Users", In proceedings of Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineers (KIISE-2010), Vol.37, No.1(D), pp.316-321, June, 2010.
- B. K. Sung, J. Y. Oh and J. W. Cha, "LiveTwitter: Hot Issue Search system Based on Twitter", In proceedings of HCLT2010, 2010, pp.179-182.
- Geographical Name Denoising by Machine Learning of Event Detection Based on Twitter vol.4, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3745/KTSDE.2015.4.10.447