- Volume 22 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Modeling and Vibration Control of Small-sized Magneto-rheological Damper
소형 MR 댐퍼의 모델링 및 진동제어
- Received : 2012.09.07
- Accepted : 2012.09.19
- Published : 2012.11.20
This paper presents a new small-sized damper featuring magneto-rheological(MR) fluid which can be applied to vibration control system. The proposed MR damper consists of cylinder, piston, a couple of bearings, oil-seals and magnetic circuit which has two coils. In this damper, approximately 5cc of MR fluid is used. The damping force of the MR damper is designed to be followed by linear shear-mode Bingham-plastic model. In order to verify the performance of the MR damper, an experimental apparatus is established. In the experimental test, the damping force of the MR damper is measured with respect to time, displacement and velocity. In addition, the time response of MR damper is measured when 1A of step current is applied. Finally, the proposed small MR damper is applied to vibration control. In this process, a simple 1-DOF system is modeled and controlled using PID controller.
Small-sized MR Damper;Vibration Control;Magneto-rheological Fluid
- Carlson, J. D., Cantanzarite, D. M. and St. Clair, K. A., 1995, Commercial Magneto-rheological Fluid Devices, Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on ER Fluids, MR Suspension and Associated Technology, pp. 20-28.
- Spencer Jr., B. F., Dyke, S. J., Sain, M. K. and Carlson, J. D., 1997, Phenomenological Model for a Mangetorheological Damper, Journal of Engineering Mechanics, ASCE, Vol. 123, No. 3, pp. 230-238. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1997)123:3(230)
- Ha, S. H., Choi, S. B., Rhee, E. J. and Kang, P. S., 2010, Design and Control of MR Military Suspension System Considering Friction Force, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 58-65. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.1.058
- Seong, M. S., Choi, S. B., Kim, C. H., Lee, H. K., Baek, J. H., Han, H. H. and Woo, J. K., 2010, Experimental Performance Evaluation of MR Damper for Intergrated Isolation Mount, Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 12, pp. 1161-1167. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2010.20.12.1161
- Noh, K. W., 2009, Design and Control of Haptic Cue Device for Accelerator Pedal Using MR Fluids, Master thesis, Inha Graduate School.
- Aydar, G., Evrensel, C. A., Gordaninejad, F. and Fuchs, A., 2007, A Low Force of Magneto-rheological Fluid Damper: Design, Fabrication and Characterization, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 18, No. 12, pp. 1155-1160. https://doi.org/10.1177/1045389X07083138
- Tsouroukdissian, A. R., Ikhowane, F., Rodellar, J. and Luo, N., 2009, Modeling and Identification of a Small-scale Magnetorheological Damper, Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 20, No. 7, pp. 825-835. https://doi.org/10.1177/1045389X08098440
- Sung, K. G. and Choi, S. B., 2008, Effect of an Electromagnetically Optimized Magnetorheological Damper on Vehicle Suspension Control Performance, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 222, pp. 2307-2319. https://doi.org/10.1243/09544070JAUTO901
- Wereley, N. M., Cho, J. U., Choi, Y. T. and Choi, S. B., 2008, Magnetorheological Dampers in Shear Mode, Smart Materials and Structures, Vol. 17, 015002, pp. 1-11.
- Wang, D. H. and Liao, W. H., 2011, Magnetorheological Fluid Dampers: a Review of Parametric Modeling, Smart Materials and Structures. Vol. 20, 023001, pp. 1-34.
- Ogata, K., 2002, Modern Control Engineering, 4th Edition, Prentice Hall, Inc., New Jersey.
Supported by : 한국연구재단